New to the world of Beyblades

Hello everyone!  My son is a huge Beyblade enthusiast so I decided to check things out  and have been completely blown away with the size and intensity of the Beyblade world. I'm no longer just supportive of my son, I'm all about getting Beyblade educated and involved.  I want in!  Looking forward to chatting with all of you and learning quite a few things.  Thus far my favorite Bey type is the Stamina and/or Defense....Or maybe Balance type.  I don't know yet to may to choose from.  I just picked up the Dead Phoenix 0 Atomic (B-131) last night.  Can't wait to try that out later!?
Welcome to the WBO! On this site you can find all the tips you need to become a competitive blader, along with countless other things. Let me give you a quick rundown.

Stamina and Defence typers are currently dominant in the meta, usch as archer Hercules or Revive Phoenix.
If Dead Phoenix is your first Beyblade, you should get a starter since Dead Phoenix doesn't come with a launcher. Meaning you can launch it.
0 and Atomic are amazing parts. Only outclassed by a few.
They probably have a launcher already.

Welcome! And good luck!
(Feb. 18, 2019  1:56 PM)NoahRC51 Wrote: Hello everyone!  My son is a huge Beyblade enthusiast so I decided to check things out  and have been completely blown away with the size and intensity of the Beyblade world. I'm no longer just supportive of my son, I'm all about getting Beyblade educated and involved.  I want in!  Looking forward to chatting with all of you and learning quite a few things.  Thus far my favorite Bey type is the Stamina and/or Defense....Or maybe Balance type.  I don't know yet to may to choose from.  I just picked up the Dead Phoenix 0 Atomic (B-131) last night.  Can't wait to try that out later!?

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)

I hope you managed to read through and understand all that. If so, I hope I helped
Welcome to WBO!! There are a lot of people willing to help you on Beyblade!! C:
(Feb. 18, 2019  1:56 PM)NoahRC51 Wrote: Hello everyone!  My son is a huge Beyblade enthusiast so I decided to check things out  and have been completely blown away with the size and intensity of the Beyblade world. I'm no longer just supportive of my son, I'm all about getting Beyblade educated and involved.  I want in!  Looking forward to chatting with all of you and learning quite a few things.  Thus far my favorite Bey type is the Stamina and/or Defense....Or maybe Balance type.  I don't know yet to may to choose from.  I just picked up the Dead Phoenix 0 Atomic (B-131) last night.  Can't wait to try that out later!?

Welcome to the WBO! Feel free to PM me questions about BEYBLADE and I will answer them with 100% accuracy! Smile
(Feb. 18, 2019  4:35 PM)Dt20000 Wrote:

Beyblade Burst is the third (official) series of Beyblades. They are named for their unique ability to burst, where they can fall apart during battle. Each one is made up of an Energy Layer (The top part of the bey. This is the part that comes into contact with another Beyblade.), a Forge Disc (The middle part that is made of metal. It gives a Beyblade a majority of its weight.), and a Performance Tip (The bottom part of a bey. It is what causes it to move and changes its stamina.). Every Beyblade has a type: Attack (Pretty self-explanatory, it uses attacks to beat an opponent. It loses to defense and defeats stamina.), Defense (Also pretty self-explanatory, it defends attacks. It loses to stamina types and defeats attack types), Stamina (Stamina types typically have high stamina, which means they can spin for a long time. They usually lose to attack types and defeat defense types.), and Balance (My personal favorite, balance types are jacks-of-all-trades but masters of none. They have some skill in each area, so they have less skill at attacking than attack types but they have more stamina and defense than attack types, and etc.). In order to read a beyblades name, it starts with the name of the Layer, then the disc, then the frame if it has one, and then the performance tip. For example Valtryek V2 Vertical Accel would have the Valtryek V2 Layer, the Vertical Disc, and the Accel driver.

There have been four different systems of Beyblade Burst: the Single Layer System (which was the weakest of all four systems, but also the first), the Dual Layer System (a direct continuation of the Single Layer System with a slight difference in layer design), the God Layer System (Hasbro calls it Switchstrike. God Beyblades all have unique gimmicks. For example, God Valkyrie features three spring-loaded wings for a “Bound Attack”. Also, they replaced Forge Discs with Core Discs that can attach new frames) and the Chouzetsu or Super Z or Cho-Z Layer System (Hasbro calls them the Slingshock beyblades. They all have metal on the layer and are all much stronger than any of the previous systems.).

At this point, you pretty much only want a Cho-Z bey. Hasbro screwed up and removed the metal, so you probably don’t want Hasbro. Hell Salamander has a very strong layer but it’s Disc is extremely light and it’s Tip has very poor stamina and balance, so if you buy it you’ll need other beyblades.

What to buy for someone who likes Attack types (Click to View)

What to buy for a Defense-type lover (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Stamina Person (Click to View)

What to Buy for a Balance Type Lover (Click to View)

I hope you managed to read through and understand all that. If so, I hope I helped

There's a lot going on with this Beys. Lots to learn. I'm in my third year of Mech Engineering and find all of this to be fascinating! I also picked up the Revive, Silverwing Revive Phoenix. It was a very close battle. At the end of the day, Revive Phoenix took the title.