New Blader

Hey everyone!

I'm just getting into beyblades. Better late than never, right? With my current excitement I have two questions that:

How can I identify fake beyblades? I see some on Amazon I assume just buying from Hasbro is the safest bet unless toys r us has them in stores

Secondly should I even buy any of the older models considering burst will be in the U.S. soon?

Thanks for any input on the matter!
Welcome to the WBO! Smile

1.) You can identify fakes by reading what manufacturer is listed. If it says that it is from a company other than Hasbro, Takara Tomy or Sonokong, then it is fake. Another way is to check out for logos. If the Takara Tomy/Hasbro/Sonokong logo is on the box, it is indeed legitimate.

2.) If you're talking about HMS (Heavy Metal System), MFB (Metal Fight Beyblade), etc. I would suggest for you to do so. We have different tournament formats you can engage into and having the knowledge of for example, MFB, can be sufficient! Knowing just about Burst is fine but I would recommend buying maybe a few of the older models. At the end, it is entirely up to you.

Hope I helped! Smile Have fun! Joyful_3
If you are interested in buying any of the older generation beyblades - be sure to look at my eBay page over the coming few days! Smile
(Oct. 21, 2016  8:36 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Welcome to the WBO! Smile

1.) You can identify fakes by reading what manufacturer is listed. If it says that it is from a company other than Hasbro, Takara Tomy or Sonokong, then it is fake. Another way is to check out for logos. If the Takara Tomy/Hasbro/Sonokong logo is on the box, it is indeed legitimate.

2.) If you're talking about HMS (Heavy Metal System), MFB (Metal Fight Beyblade), etc. I would suggest for you to do so. We have different tournament formats you can engage into and having the knowledge of for example, MFB, can be sufficient! Knowing just about Burst is fine but I would recommend buying maybe a few of the older models. At the end, it is entirely up to you.

You did help! Thank you very much for your informative response. I just managed to pick up a handful of beys off Craigslist just to get started and try to learn everything.

Also thank you for the welcome!

Take care!

(Oct. 21, 2016  9:34 AM)SwitchBladr Wrote: If you are interested in buying any of the older generation beyblades - be sure to look at my eBay page over the coming few days! Smile

I will absolutely check them out! Thank you!
(Oct. 21, 2016  8:38 PM)Fallen Element Wrote:
(Oct. 21, 2016  8:36 AM)Brisk AquarioHD Wrote: Welcome to the WBO! Smile

You did help! Thank you very much for your informative response. I just managed to pick up a handful of beys off Craigslist just to get started and try to learn everything.

Also thank you for the welcome!

Take care!

Np! That's great! Can't wait to see what you've purchased. Smile

And no problem once again!

Take care as well. Joyful_3