Need help (important)

Hi everyone. I need some advice on what to do. I ordered some beyblades from Japan recently. However they are stuck in the uk customs branch which usually wouldn't be a problem. However they are asking for an extortionate price of £93. Now I have written a letter disputing this price and telling them that it's just beyblades toys in there but I'm not sure and I don't wanna pay that silly fee. Please help!!
The silly fee is a customs charge and you don't have a choice. You either pay it or you don't get your items. It doesn't matter that it's just toys. Anything imported to the UK from outside the EU with a value of £15 or over should have VAT and/or customs charges raised against it.  How much did you order anyway? Because to get that charge you must of spent a very large amount.
(Feb. 23, 2017  8:18 PM)Ultra Wrote: The silly fee is a customs charge and you don't have a choice. You either pay it or you don't get your items. It doesn't matter that it's just toys. Anything imported to the UK from outside the EU with a value of £15 or over should have VAT and/or customs charges raised against it.  How much did you order anyway? Because to get that charge you must of spent a very large amount.

Yh spent around £220-240. Can't remember the exact amount
Wow OK then yes, they can definitely charge you that much in custom charges. Whenever something exceeds a declared value of $100, you are almost guaranteed to pay a customs fee, and in some countries anything above thirty dollars definitely gets you a bill, even...

There is nothing you can do unfortunately, unless you want to bring the case to court, which is your own issue. It always happens to each of us that we have that first time where we get surprised by custom charges and we learn from there to either separate the number of shipments you get so that each is worth less, or you ask the seller to modify the declared value, which is not really legal and if the package gets lost, you could only get reimbursed up to that declared value, no higher...