My Custom 3D Printed Beyblade: Umbral Dranzer

Hey! I'm back again with another 3D Printing post(Seems to be all I post about TBH) except this time I have more than in the other posts!

I recently sat down and designed my own custom Beyblade. I call it: Umbral Dranzer. It was based on Dranzer since it's my all time favourite Blade. It is burst capable and unlike regular Dranzer this one is a left spin Bey.
[img][Image: nf1af4.jpg][/img]
I designed it in Fusion 360 and it took me around 2 and a half hours to complete. I was quite happy with how it turned out after I 3D Printed it in my monoprice mini
[img=50x50][Image: 125555k.jpg][/img]

I printed it in green because i ran out of blue. It took 3 hours with 17 minutes(Which turned out to be 6+ hours because the first one didn't fit on the disc and driver properly so I had to modify the model and reprint it). It still needs some post-processing and I plan on painting it just don't know what colours to paint it. Battle wise it's...okay? It's very lightweight and since i am just now getting into Beyblade burst i don't have any heavy discs to use for its combo. I would like to buy Spryzen Requiem so i can get the Zero disc since I've heard its one of the heaviest. 

This is certainly not where i stop designing Blades. I want to get better at it and learn how to implement gimmicks onto it and also eventually get a kiln to melt aluminium or other metals in so i can cast metal parts for the layers to fix the weight problem i am having. 

Anyways that's another one of my 3D Printing posts down. I'll be back soon with yet another one probably.

If any of you have any suggestions for a good balance combo i could use with this Bey please let me know. It's not the most powerful blade out there (Especially among the custom ones) but I really think that's mostly due to how light it is in comparison to the other beys people use on the daily.
(Dec. 11, 2018  6:03 PM)Adarsh Abhinav Wrote: Bro use tinypic.

Fixed it now, sorry
Would you mind divulging how you went about doing this? I've been wanting to do something like this for ages in a CAD program but never figured out how to make a basic "template" that fits the launcher properly... nor did I ever figure out how to make the underside work, either.
Your Dranzer looks awsome! Is there anyone on the WBO that can help me print my bey?
Looks huge and has a dangerous teeths because the teeths are tilted like on legend spriggan and z achilles
For a good balance combo(disclaimer:I have none of the parts I mention),I would suggest umbral dranzer 10/0/8' bump/glaive/cross destroy'
(Dec. 14, 2018  12:58 AM)Cyberkirby Wrote: Would you mind divulging how you went about doing this? I've been wanting to do something like this for ages in a CAD program but never figured out how to make a basic "template" that fits the launcher properly... nor did I ever figure out how to make the underside work, either.

Theres a file on thingiverse by Neosarchizo for the Base layer everyone seems to use and was the one I used for mine. It's a right spin layer and for modeling your Bey around it import the .Step file into your CAD software. (I use Fusion 360) And from there on out it's up to you to make it your own

Link for the file: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2832731

(Dec. 14, 2018  1:15 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: Your Dranzer looks awsome! Is there anyone on the WBO that can help me print my bey?

Thanks! I plan on making another upgrade for it and maybe even cast some parts in metal! I'll need to make a kiln or something for that though 

As for anyone on the WBO that can help you print it i don't really know. There is a service by shapeways where you can upload an stl file you want them to print out for you and in what material and they'll send it to you via mail. I've heard its a really good service but I have personally never used it. Ofcourse they charge you for it. I went on to see what materials they could make it in and the base plastics ranged from 5-22 dollars.
(Dec. 15, 2018  4:17 PM)DigitalUmbra Wrote:
(Dec. 14, 2018  12:58 AM)Cyberkirby Wrote: Would you mind divulging how you went about doing this? I've been wanting to do something like this for ages in a CAD program but never figured out how to make a basic "template" that fits the launcher properly... nor did I ever figure out how to make the underside work, either.

Theres a file on thingiverse by Neosarchizo for the Base layer everyone seems to use and was the one I used for mine. It's a right spin layer and for modeling your Bey around it import the .Step file into your CAD software. (I use Fusion 360) And from there on out it's up to you to make it your own

Welp, it has the TT teeth, that makes things rather tricky for someone like me who only has access to Hasbro stuff to mod it... Chief 2002 - Hmm ... Any ideas for converting these teeth into slopes to use with Hasburst parts?
(Dec. 16, 2018  3:08 AM)Cyberkirby Wrote:
(Dec. 15, 2018  4:17 PM)DigitalUmbra Wrote: Theres a file on thingiverse by Neosarchizo for the Base layer everyone seems to use and was the one I used for mine. It's a right spin layer and for modeling your Bey around it import the .Step file into your CAD software. (I use Fusion 360) And from there on out it's up to you to make it your own

Welp, it has the TT teeth, that makes things rather tricky for someone like me who only has access to Hasbro stuff to mod it... Chief 2002 - Hmm ... Any ideas for converting these teeth into slopes to use with Hasburst parts?
The teeth work with hasbro. I only have Hasbro beys and they work with mine. If you see the white part of the driver has like some tabs which is where the teeth connect to so dont worry about your parts being hasbro! It'll still work
(Dec. 16, 2018  3:12 PM)DigitalUmbra Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2018  3:08 AM)Cyberkirby Wrote: Welp, it has the TT teeth, that makes things rather tricky for someone like me who only has access to Hasbro stuff to mod it... Chief 2002 - Hmm ... Any ideas for converting these teeth into slopes to use with Hasburst parts?
The teeth work with hasbro. I only have Hasbro beys and they work with mine. If you see the white part of the driver has like some tabs which is where the teeth connect to so dont worry about your parts being hasbro! It'll still work

...I spent most of last night tryna figure out how to get rid of those friggin' teeth and got nowhere with it lmao
hopefully I can make it so the teeth won't end up wearing down!
Can you share the file for download???
(Dec. 11, 2018  5:54 PM)DigitalUmbra Wrote: Hey! I'm back again with another 3D Printing post(Seems to be all I post about TBH) except this time I have more than in the other posts!

I recently sat down and designed my own custom Beyblade. I call it: Umbral Dranzer. It was based on Dranzer since it's my all time favourite Blade. It is burst capable and unlike regular Dranzer this one is a left spin Bey.
[img][Image: nf1af4.jpg][/img]
I designed it in Fusion 360 and it took me around 2 and a half hours to complete. I was quite happy with how it turned out after I 3D Printed it in my monoprice mini
[img=50x50][Image: 125555k.jpg][/img]

I printed it in green because i ran out of blue. It took 3 hours with 17 minutes(Which turned out to be 6+ hours because the first one didn't fit on the disc and driver properly so I had to modify the model and reprint it). It still needs some post-processing and I plan on painting it just don't know what colours to paint it. Battle wise it's...okay? It's very lightweight and since i am just now getting into Beyblade burst i don't have any heavy discs to use for its combo. I would like to buy Spryzen Requiem so i can get the Zero disc since I've heard its one of the heaviest. 

This is certainly not where i stop designing Blades. I want to get better at it and learn how to implement gimmicks onto it and also eventually get a kiln to melt aluminium or other metals in so i can cast metal parts for the layers to fix the weight problem i am having. 

Anyways that's another one of my 3D Printing posts down. I'll be back soon with yet another one probably.

If any of you have any suggestions for a good balance combo i could use with this Bey please let me know. It's not the most powerful blade out there (Especially among the custom ones) but I really think that's mostly due to how light it is in comparison to the other beys people use on the daily.
If you're looking for heaviest diSC then use 00m it's heavier than 0 or any other disc for that matter. Are you trying to make a full balance type?
00 varies a lot when it comes the weight. Meteo is light compared to bump, lift, turn, and wall

10W is the not the heaviest but the most consistant weight. If you get lucky 00W can be very heavy.
(May. 23, 2019  11:34 PM)N12N12 Wrote: Can you share the file for download???
plz.....even though this seems like an abandoned thread