[Mumbai, India]Diwali Beyblast 2: Metal Mania (10/11/12)

on
Hosted by
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Hey Mumbai Bladers!!
It's been a year since your first tournament, Diwali Beyblast. The festival of lights is also approaching. Want to make this Diwali special? Let's do it with another tournament,
Diwali Beyblast 2: Metal Mania
[Image: Untitled-9copy2.png]

Now, for the details:

Venue: It will be on the same place as last time, Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Borivali East.

Date and Time: 10th November 2012. Since the date is 10-11-12, the event will also start at 10:11:12. So, make sure to reach the venue by 10 a.m.

Format: As the name suggests, it is a HMS+MFB+Zero-G tournament. The rounds will be done in Round Robin format. But, if we get more participants, we will go for Round Robin Block format to save time.
Dont have HMS? Dont worry, I can always lend you some for battles so you can attend all the 3 events.

Fees:The one time entry fee is $5 and $10 for passport. However, since it is 3 tournaments in 1, the regular entry fee will be $15 for all three events combined. So, it is better if you purchase passports for this event. The price for passport according to current rate is approximately INR 560 . To purchase a blader's passport, you have to give the money to the host on the day of the tournament.

Prizes: To be decided

Things you must know before coming to the event:
1.Make sure you read the rules well before coming to the event to avoid confusions.
2. Make sure that all your parts are legal. If a part is found to be illegal, you will not be allowed to use it and if you still use it, your matches will not be processed.
All beyblades released by Hasbro(or Funskool), Takara Tomy and SonoKong are legal.
3. Listen to the judge and the host. Co-operation is important in such an event.
4. Keep some eatables and a bottle of water with you at the event.
5. If you have any questions regarding the fees, read the help section. The fees will be used for getting beys for giveaways and contests.
6. If you have any questions about the event, feel free to PM me.

Judges: NitroNeo and Janstarblast will be judging the event along with me. nik1392 will also be judging if he can make it.

Enough of talking from my side, now for the participants:

Confirmed participants:
adityamatha
ashton pinto
christophermk
divya123
Janstarblast
N0body
NitroNeo
pranzdiv123
samkul238
sharven12
zeneo

Unconfirmed
GalaxyHart
nik1392
dylon blader

In order to help with the Beychannel Revitalization Project, it is better if you carry cameras with you. This way, we can submit a footage from our tournament to the BeyChannel.

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

(Nov. 18, 2012  8:32 AM)zeneo Wrote: i would like to leave it to the committee
let them deal with me in private.
i know you're a respected member out here,but i'll like to rather talk to the committee members,who's usernames are in blue.they will make the decision,but i request only after hearing my side of the story

and for the one last time this comes out of my mouth!
i did not delay the matches AT ALL
it's a false accusation.
NObody targeted me heavily although there were many wasting time out there!

And,Technocrat,
hearty congratulations to you if I get banned

You're quite welcome to talk to the committee - in fact why you haven't done so already is beyond me, but if you're going to make reprehensible posts I'm quite within my rights to rebuff them, as always.

I would rather have seen you improve (rather than just claim to have improved) than see you face banning. However, in the event you are banned, it would be impolite of me not to accept such congratulations, and as such I shall, if/when that occurs.

(Nov. 18, 2012  8:32 AM)zeneo Wrote: you call that a small error,Technocrat?imagine if you were robbed of your beypoints,
imagine how you would miss those extra beypoints,those extra credit you worked hard for.
if i was given 4 wins out of 9 in MFB,I wouldn't have gotten the extra 1 credit,which i should get for completing 5 wins out of 9
and you still call it a "small error" and you try and make a big issue out of me having fun with my friends.
GREAT

It's called a mistake and those happen - and as it would have been a direct result of you and pranzdiv causing such a stressful time for him, you should probably consider the part you played in it a bit more - I'd have trouble keeping track with all that stuff going on too.

Frankly, I wouldn't stress so much about it because it's children's spinning tops - it's fun, not "hey lets delay my matches to exploit the beypoint system"-style serious. Sure, a credit loss would have been annoying but such an error could easily have been appealed after the fact - generally both participants in any given battle will remember the outcome of the few battles they had against a specific opponent (especially if they clearly remember what the person looks like, and even moreso at relatively small tournaments).

I have no issue with you having fun with your friends - I have an issue with you having fun at the expense of multiple attendees of the tournament.
You wont expect me to do 3-4 things at once without making a single mistake, no?
@Technocrat-
1.Already talked with committee head,Kai-V.(of course i don't want to get banned from one of the best organization for beys,hence i contacted her on the day i came to know about it)
2.Let's not keep on posting so that this becomes a spam.
3.I have no shame to say that the tournament was full of errors,including my role.

Nobody-you had NitroNeo and Janstarblast,didn't you?
to you,one credit means NOTHING.
you have your bucket full of hold faces.to someone like me,it becomes an offence
If you find a mistake so offensive then don't make things hard for hosts by misbehaving and make sure your friends aren't out there kicking stadiums around (again - confirmed by many, many attendees) and borrowing others blades without permission and threatening to steal things and make sure you aren't causing headaches with delays and so on.

Yes, he had two people to help him in an incredibly unruly tournament being sent into chaos because of participants not coming to matches when called - of which you were one of the biggest offenders as verified by practically every attendee.
i wouldn't have felt worth it to appeal to the WBO,after my results were processed.They're quite busy with the beypoint system already.
and one silly zeneo,and one silly mistake would have obviously caused them to get frustrated.
and,none of the participants are selfish to take a win for free,that's what i know about them
so what i said did make sense,didn't it?
(Nov. 18, 2012  9:02 AM)zeneo Wrote: i wouldn't have felt worth it to appeal to the WBO,after my results were processed.They're quite busy with the beypoint system already.
and one silly zeneo,and one silly mistake would have obviously caused them to get frustrated.
and,none of the participants are selfish to take a win for free,that's what i know about them
so what i said did make sense,didn't it?

Oh, really, so it's not that big a deal but enough for you to make out like it's anywhere near as terrible as your behaviour? Okay well that makes sense and totally doesn't sound like someone adjusting their portrayal of one small thing they're clinging to in a last ditch effort to save their hide.
oh come on man!
i did not waste time!
i judged three matches,
it took me some time to come for one match as i wasn't finding my 90MF.
that's all i remember
(Nov. 18, 2012  9:05 AM)zeneo Wrote: oh come on man!
i did not waste time!
i judged three matches,
it took me some time to come for one match as i wasn't finding my 90MF.
that's all i remember

Given how many people have verified that you were wasting major time (and with a very obvious intent of rigging the timing of matches to exploit the beypoint system) I'd say your memory could use a little work.
How big a matter can you make out of that one small error, which even got corrected at the event itself, that too, with an apology?
Technocrat is a advanced WBO member,he has a right to advice you,he might sound rude but he just wants you to Improve.

ZeneoTongue_outlease atleast try to Co-oporate man,N0body,Jan,nik etc are working hard.Listen to other members.Yeah,you surely have a point to clear but a member like technocrat is simply giving you an advice.

WBO:I think that though zeneo has done not only a mistake but spoiled the fun of others(not sure).
But everyone does mistakes,so he should be given a verbal warning.I'm sure he wont do it again.
i'm not hiding anything!
i'm telling the truth
NObody made a mistake in some parts and now i'm paying for it
Uncertain
(Nov. 18, 2012  9:17 AM)zeneo Wrote: i'm not hiding anything!
i'm telling the truth
Uncertain

You still fail to grasp the notion that multiple people who were there came forward to support every allegation against you, not just N0body, as well as the fact that N0body didn't want to come forward about it initially for the sake of the tournament scene (though I already explained why that logic is flawed).
zeneo- First off, lets speak about N0body's error in recording the results. Lets forget the tourney situation for now, and whatever happened there(which seemingly affected N0body).
The fact is- He allowed you to check your results. Even I checked your results thrice (before we battled), and you still had some doubts. After our match was over, there was a final checking of the results. No judge actually does that, but as long as the problem was resolved then and there, I don't find any reason to constantly call down upon N0body. If N0body had actually posted the wrong results here, only then should you actually say that it was "serious".
As for the jokes, I understand where you are coming from.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE (especially our International friends) TO KNOW-
Name-calling, bad-mouthing, etc. is an extremely common feature here. All these are considered to be "jokes" here, which are highly prevalent even in schools. That is exactly why most of us were able to withstand these "jokes". One can't deny though, that all this fooling around did cause some ruckus.

So well, I can understand why you(zeneo) think that whatever you did isn't all that serious. However, as a part of a WBO tournament, we carry some responsibility. We represent an internationally acclaimed organization, when playing under their banner. While most of us would have forgiven you for your jokes(had the decision been ours completely; which would be only if this tourney was played at a local level), the "Report" written by N0body(which includes inputs from various other members, including me) has disgusted all members. So while we'd consider this as "not-so-serious" on our level, it is quite a serious thing on an international platform(which you can see already).

The jokes certainly were disgusting, but as it was nothing new for us, we didn't pay much heed. However, they did do some damage. N0body's loss of concentration(which resulted in him recording the results wrongly), the "funny" verbal fights between you, ashton and pranzdiv(which led to delay), the lost parts, the damage done to certain stadiums, etc; all resulted from those "jokes" which continued through the length of the tourney.

While we certainly aren't regular members, we have attended some other tourneys earlier. In those tourneys, we have never experienced such behavior. This tourney was different. It was not all that "jolly"; as our first few tourneys in Mumbai used to be.

As for you keeping this private, and talking to the Committee members- We would have done that already. All this was a private matter anyway. We brought this into the public domain so that we could know your point of view too. Seemingly, that didn't do us any good....

And, I am completely with Technocrat on this. I never really thought that you had learnt from your past mistakes. Abusing and bad-mouthing Kai-V, Insomniac., etc isn't a way to "repent", IMO...
SpikeBeyRaahul-yeah,thanks for that man.
i won't make such a mistake again

@Technocrat-sorry.just sorry.

Nobody-i don't have anything against you
(Nov. 18, 2012  9:17 AM)zeneo Wrote: i'm not hiding anything!
i'm telling the truth
Uncertain

Yes,man I understand,but there might be a big misunderstanding,your saying somthing,N0body's saying somthing.

NOW LET THE WBO TAKE A DECISION.But dude,if you don't want to get banned then you should pledge that you wont do it again.
the more that i speak,the more accusations(and false accusations)pile up on me.
so i wish to remain silent than to argue with each and every member which posts
(Nov. 18, 2012  9:27 AM)zeneo Wrote: the more that i speak,the more accusations(and false accusations)pile up on me.

Thats the way,just be silent and let the WBO take its desicison.
(Nov. 18, 2012  9:27 AM)zeneo Wrote: the more that i speak,the more accusations(and false accusations)pile up on me.

...Or remain silent because you apparently can't fight off the accusations against you.

Honestly, you're better off accepting your mistakes rather than trying to blatantly deny the evidence.
Janstarblast: Those "jokes" seemed to have quite an effect on a couple of members, so are they really all that "normal" or harmless? (Outside of schoolyard bullying, where that kind of thing is common globally).
Even though I have recently just shifted to Mumbai (almost 6 months), I have found that such jokes and accusations are very very normal over here. People dont really take em seriously. And Im from the same college as zeneo is, and he is a very good freind of mine too. He is fun to have around, even though his accusations, but you really cant blame him as there are few people like who dont use such language much. I do realize that this time zeneo's jokes might have gone a bit too far, and apart from him delyaing matches, joking about the committee members, "wasting time", etc. I have always enjoyed him being at tourneys as everyone always ends up laughing and having fun. And zeneo if someone gets annoyed by you I guess you should just hold it to yourself then and stop.

As for pranzdiv123, he is still a kid. He is not very mature enough yet (which explains the kicking of the staidums). But lets not forget that he is one very helpful person. If it wasnt for him half of the mumbai bladers would still be stuck in the HWS. We hardly had 4D beys here, only N0body, nik and ashton had em. Since he came he got for almost everyone 4D beys. He gave great hospitality at his home. He often invited as over to his place to practice or try out some random combo Tongue_out He does show-off a lot but still is a good guy. I still have trouble believing that he did steal something, but if he did I suggest he does give it to N0body back.

And I would like to request the committee to not entirely ban zeneo from the WBO for ever, as I take responsibilty for him that he wouldnt do something like this again. I guess you guys should give him and pranzdiv123 a warning level and give each of them a last chance. I know that after this mess they wouldnt be doing something like this ever again.
Pranzdiv123 was kicking around another members stadium. In my opinion he should be banned flat out. That's just disgusting. This is not a thing that happens at other tournaments and there are kids at all tournaments. 13 is far from a child, and is definitely more than old enough to know that other people's property needs to be respected - especially when it is expensive and hard to replace. He also threatened to damage property/theft which is bullying (as is property damage, but you know). Attending WBO tournaments is a privilege, not a right, and that kind of behaviour is absolutely not suitable for anyone who should retain that privilege. I would be very disappointed in the committee if he were not banned for this behaviour. Were he completely without previous warnings then perhaps, but that is apparently not the case.

That is not taking into account not only the threat of stealing N0body's Wolborg MS, but then the mysterious appearance of it (with a broken RC, somehow - which is more than a little suspicious) in his bag - which if intentional (as it seems) would absolutely warrant banning on its own.

As for Zeneo, the issue there is that his warning level is already extremely high, which, aside from showing that he hasn't learnt from his many mistakes (and his reactions showing an inability to do so), means that basically any appropriate punishment in terms of a warning would likely result in a ban.
"and apart from him delaying matches, joking about the committee members, "wasting time", etc." -> so yes apart from most of the things for which he would be warned, perhaps he wasn't so bad. But those things are still there, and it seems the insults still caused offence - which, "normal" or not, is not acceptable at WBO tournaments as we can see very clearly it is somewhat offputting for many "newcomers" expecting a more pleasant atmosphere.
As gameboysuperman said...zeneo is really a nice friend to have...i really dont want to see him getting banned...for my tourneys he was an important and helpful participant...we usually had those "jokes" in our previous tourneys and ashton did got hurt but he never said that because no one was really meant to say so..it was just fun...but this tourney was different because few old members like JSB,N0body,NitroNeo were present and they were not familier to those "jokes" and got offended....and this is most important thing because of which this issue has taken serious way...as for the time delaying thing my way and N0body's way of processing tourney are different...i do those matches first for which participant are ready and go with that flow and notedown the sequence where as N0body had fixed the matches because time was less and more stadiums were available...also i wasnt present there throughout the tourney(i could have helped with these things) so i geuss even this thing affected the rate of processing of tourney so committee should take these things into consideration
IMO match order should always be decided (and the match order randomised) before tournaments start to avoid confusion and specifically to avoid manipulation of the system. If there were no intent to abuse the system then it would not be an issue, but in this case it has been made clear by a number of people that this was the intent of delays. That intent alone deserves a warning for cheating.

(Nov. 18, 2012  11:41 AM)nik1392 Wrote: and ashton did got hurt but he never said that because no one was really meant to say so..it was just fun...
I hope this was a miscommunication but if it wasn't: Yes I've been told not to say anything about bullying myself, there is that social stigma attached to actually trying to do something about it, and it's wrong.

Quote:but this tourney was different because few old members like JSB,N0body,NitroNeo were present and they were not familier to those "jokes" and got offended....and this is most important thing because of which this issue has taken serious way...

Now, imagine a new tourney-goer expecting a more pleasant environment given the general child-friendly nature of this site and our generally accepting nature. Think about the impact this would have on them. Do you think that is healthy for the tournament scene, let alone for the reputation of this site and its tournaments.

Of course, there is still a fair point in it not being abnormal and therefore not grounds for warning as long as no one was offended. (Though apparently it's not so "normal" as to be part of the tournament scene before newer members arrived, and somewhat excessive compared to the societal norm). The fact is, though, that it still offended users and negatively affected the progression of the tournament, so it is still reprehensible.

No matter how this whole thing turns out, this kind of "fun" should be replaced with legitimate fun - I mean heck you're playing spinning tops with pretty cool people that alone should be fun, and there are plenty of other ways to find entertainment at tournaments. Experiment with weird combos, heck, have "for fun" matches with crazy combos, or discuss other shared interests. I don't want to kill the fun at tournaments, but fun at the expense of others isn't right.
I completely agree with nik, and I think zeneo is continuing to argue with the committee members because he is afraid that he might get banned from the WBO as beyblading is his passion, and he would be entirely heartbroken if he doesn't get to blading, as we are the only serious blading committee in Mumbai, its not like we have toy shops hosting tourneys here... And due to zeneos previous mistakes, eve a small mistake could ban him Unhappy but I would like the committee to just give him a last chance. And to talk about prandiv123's action I don't know what to say, but banning them entirely I think isn't the right thong to do IMHO but in the end its the committee's descision. But I think before the descision is made, the committee should listen to prandiv123's side of the story. If he accept's his mistake then I think he deserves a second chance...
The point is, the responses shown by zeneo after the report would discourage most people from hosting and also from posting reports of the events.
Like I mentioned before, I might have exaggerated that report a bit. But, to make sure that what I wrote was right, I asked the opinion of other members too. Not only that, the discussion was also brought to this thread to let the victims present their side.

Till now, I myself wanted to save zeneo and pranzdiv123 from being banned. I thought it was harsh too. But, after the behaviour zeneo showed, I dont think anyone who speaks against him or pranzdiv123 will be able to have a peaceful event if they are to attend one. Also, given the current warning level of zeneo, he definitely couldn't have afforded to do anything which he did that day. Of course, he did it for fun and did not intend to hurt anyone. But, that does not mean what he did was 'right'.

As for pranzdiv's issue, he definitely did get annoying with the constant remarks about throwing away my Revizer Dragooon combo. And some users did see him kicking stadia. As for Wolborg MS, I am not sure if he did it on purpose, so I might be wrong about that. But, he definitely did take my BD145, MF-H and RDF without my permission.

As a host, it was my responsibility to write the tournament report. And, if anyone calls me a back-stabber for being honest, let me make it clear: I will prefer to be a back stabber than a liar. Angry