Monster Hunter

Uh, lol no. You don't EVER sell your weapons. EVER. You don't just keep one. You upgrade every weapon you get TO THE MAX and horde 'em. You never know what monster you'll fight, and the more weapons you have, especially with Elemental and Abnormal Status additions, the bigger advantage you will have.

First off, before you fight the Qurupeco, make sure you have a weapon with Green Sharpness. Starting with Qurupecoes, monsters will deflect all weapons of Yellow sharpness and under. Even if your weapon has Green Sharpness, if it dips to yellow, it'll deflect. If you're a Blademaster, bring LOTS of Whetstones.

I recommend getting a Sword and Shield or Lance weapons so that you can guard (unless Great Swords block, I dunno, never use them). If you're not good at dodging, then start blocking. Be sure to have lots of Stamina for that.

There aren't a lot of armor with Fire Resistance, so get food that increases your Fire Resistence. Bring Potions, Mega Potions (Potion + Honey), Whetstones, and.....one...more I forgot. Well-Done Steak. When it summons the Great Jaggi, don't panic. Keep attacking, but maintain your distance from it.
I got MH3U 4 days ago and its pretty sweet, I had trouble ajusting to the controlls at first from the wii version but I'm getting the hang of it not putting noob autoblock on my character this time I'm a prime lance user. I'm at the Querpecko or however you spell it haven't had any trouble just been slow getting resources from the village and doing quests balance the great Wroggi gave me my first faint lol wasn't expecting the poison so I made up for that failure by capturing it. Great game and stuff.

EDIT: Just beat the peco I wish I brought a Trap first attempt 2 faints finally got him him before he could heal and run again seriously annoying loads harder on MH3U than MH3Tri
Ok now im stumped. do you use a hot drink or what? im really confused at this point. im basically at the point of collecting feathers for my... whatever the kids name is... mask... cha hem... lol. im stuck home sick so i get to play it all... day...long... it stinks... NOT! any failures i make i can fix! lovin it! anyway i did beat the bird down twice but the sucka's hard. plus its like run hide run hide. im loosin stamina here! help a poor hunter out! by the way my current point since i restarted... about first hunter quest. by the end of the day ill be making that quaduropecko beg for mercy!
I don't know if this will help you at all Shagon, but I just did the capture quest for the Peco and it was easy as heck capturing it, I reccomend bringing a trap while on the hunting mission for it and capture it instead of killing it loads easier. When capturing it I got decorations for my armor with all Sharpener 2 and it helped alot fighting the peco for me. I deal with the great Jaggi by dealing with it I try to get it in an area alone and try to find it before I fight the peco.
...Wait wait wait, Sharpener 2? What armor set are you running?
My armor is premature for where I am because I just don't want to upgrade lol. When I say sharpener 2 every piece of my armor has a slot where I put a grinder decoration for a total of activating fast sharpen or whatever its called.

I use Azurodos Chestplate
Hunter Helm
Azurodos Brace or whatever its called
I forgot the grieves
Querpeco legs.
have either of you even tried the worggi set yet? fire resistant and it puts most other armors... except the qupi armor to shame.
That makes no sense. Usually, you need 10 skill points to activate one skill those points belong to. If you have a slot for every piece of armor, that'd be a total of five. And judging by your statement, you CLEARLY do not have armor with 2 slots. Even if you were to use Arzuros Greaves, you still wouldn't have enough. You'd be stuck with 5 Sharpner SP. And your armor doesn't have the preset SP that ups Sharpening. So, no, you don't have an active Speed Sharpener skill, lest you can prove me wrong. Because even if you had a two-slot piece of equipment, you won't get to 10.

Just sayin'.

The only thing Wroggi armor set is good for is the Negate Poison ability, which is grand against the Gigginox. Other than that, the armor stats itself if pretty subpar.
Uh, Jimmies I do have speed sharpening active on Monster Hunter Ultimate for the 3DS I don't know if your using the wii U wether its different or not but, all my armor has room for a slot. I added a grinder jewl to each piece or armor, The grinder Jewel gives +2 sharpening skill a piece So 2 X 5 = 10 which is enough for the speed sharpener and my the sharpening animation does 1 sharpen instead of 3 with a whetstone. I do have speed sharpening...

I did say Sharpener 2 in a post each piece of my armor has sharpener 2 from the grinder jewel.

(Apr. 05, 2013  3:01 PM)BillyBlast Wrote: My armor is premature for where I am because I just don't want to upgrade lol. When I say sharpener 2 every piece of my armor has a slot where I put a grinder decoration for a total of activating fast sharpen or whatever its called.
That makes sense. I assumed that the Grinder Jewel gave 1 point. So I don't think there's a Grinder Jewel 2. My bad, yo. But if you're going to say the skill like that, it'd probably make more sense to say "Sharpener +2" instead of "Sharpener 2". Because then I'd confuse it as a 2-slot Decoration, like Attack 2 and Defense 2.

And there's not difference between the Wii U and the 3DS version.
How do you get the sharpener +2 gem? i haven't seen it. Well yet anyway. By the way I beat the quadropeco... or whatever. Have to capture it now. The R. Ludiroth. What do you have to do to beat him? I got him real close... and he ran me down! Had to reset my game so it didn't save. BTW playing 3ds version. i'm thinking... of using another weapon instead of the dual swords. I might go with the switch axe. The one with the poison setting? if i need to use a gun let me know. The rolling over is getting on my nerves.
I beat the R. Ludroth with my lance. You can obtain Grinder Jewels (Sharpener +2) from the Wyvern Artisan in the village in decorations, I forget what is needed to make them but make sure you have armor with at least 1 slot a piece otherwise you can't equip it at least 5 times to have +10 Sharpener to activate speed sharpening, if you have a charm though with a slot that will work also but you will still need 4 slots from your armor.

I'm assuming you might have water combat trouble? I can't really help there sorry, I used a lance which is one of if not the best water weapon. But I do know that R. Ludroth can inflict water blight which can ruin your stamina, so make sure to keep your stamina at max and to use Water Berriers or whatever they are called that cures water blight or if you collected surplus Nullberries from quests. You can break the R. Ludroths Mane twice, Claws, and slice its tail for a carve. I don't know if they are more locations to break on it. And make sure to keep your oxygen up when fighting underwater. Also, just a reminder don't forget about upgrading stuff because even with outdated gear as I had before I did ok because I always upgraded it to increase defense significantly and take Cha-Cha with you two if you have him yet I am quite forgetful... he can distract the R. Ludroth from attacking/killing you but then again it depends on your strategy for fighting him I guess.

If your using an impact weapon like the hammer then smack him in the face for loads of damage! But if you use something like dual swords and other cutting weapons then hit him in the mane for most effective damage. Make sure your armor doesn't have -Water stats. Hope this helped a bit.
I've got azuros mail and some jaggi armor mixed in with azuros stuff one piece of ludiroth armor. The dress part? Drives me nuts but at level 3 it can't be beat in water armor. plus i have a water resistance charm +5 i got from the bug quest. I'm kinda lucky with this stuff. ::Knocks on wood:: But I'll try the lance. Never gave it a shot. Why am i thinking gunlance and shot? ::Chuckles:: ::A great jaggi dies somewhere in the audience:: Everyone's a critic...
By the way you DO need to wroggi armor if your going to beat something specific in level four of monster hunter. Its a wyvern that has a poison tail. It shoots fire and is a real pain in the rear. as of yet... i haven't quite been able to defeat it. but i did beat the Frost bear or lagoombi as i call it with the pecospander. (Switch axe mixed with quadropeco stuff.) It takes a few upgrades to get it but the fire addition to it plus the added power is worth it.
It's called a Rathian. And unlike a Gigginox, it's easier to dodge if you know how to do it. Because it's only its TAIL that does poison; it mainly attacks by flying and fire and seldom uses the tail.

Just keep antidotes with you. Harvest and farm Blue Beetles and Antidote Herbs. For something like a Gigginox, which is poison galore, just use the negate poison skill.
hi. i just got into monster hunter and am loving the game! i picked it up as a download for my 3ds XL. any tips for a guy like myself who has been playing for a while but is not quite sure what weapon to use on the Rathian or the Gigginox? I am familiar with the series... just not the weaponry.
(May. 05, 2013  10:42 AM)OmegaD Wrote: hi. i just got into monster hunter and am loving the game! i picked it up as a download for my 3ds XL. any tips for a guy like myself who has been playing for a while but is not quite sure what weapon to use on the Rathian or the Gigginox? I am familiar with the series... just not the weaponry.

Umm well for starters, do you perfer fast but weak or slow but strong? Great swords and hammers work wonders on rathian if you attack right after a fireball. Gigginox I'm not sure. I usually use sword and shield. Torches also help against its "babies".
I have a few weapons like the buster sword the ludroth bone sword which im trying to upgrade... i have in sword and shield a thing called the secta nulo best weapon there... in dual swords i have dual hatchets jaggid shotels+ and cheif scythes. hammes i have iron hammer+ and bone hammer+ horns i just have the metal bagpipe+ skipping lances cause their useless... iron gunlance+ wild axe pecospander royal launcher bone blaster+ hunters bow I and thats all i know i need more weapons and its pure laziness that i dont go out and get them. that and lack of matariels.
For the Dual Swords, aim to get the Insectors. They're the earliest Dragon Elem. weapons you can get without doing the Rustshard or Ancientshard routes. All you need is to kill some Bnahabrae and Altaroths.
Just killed ,not captured, the lagiacrus. so i succeeded in that. used the pecospander. it took a LONG time. i have specs for some stone equipment, but its like go after 10 units of pelgacite ore for each weapon. im like... HUH? its a hassle just to get 2 or three. and their asking for carpenterbugs too. those are a real pain in the rear to get now that their so rare. i get one on the resource run. it stinks.
That's what happens when materials are required for forging. Stuff like Killer Beetles, Carpenterbugs, Hercudrome, etc. can't be farmed (otherwise, they'd be too easy to get and forging will be too easy). If you know where to get Pelagicite, it's not that hard. Just make sure you eat food from the Felyne in the Village to boost your chances of Gathering.

BTW, Pelagicite can only be found underwater; naturally, that'd be either the Flooded Forest or the Deserted Island (aka Moga Woods), but seeing as the latter only has Machalite Ore, you're only option is F.F. If you have the patience for it, you only need to go to Areas 3, 5, and 6. You don't have to waste your time anywhere else.

Likewise, focus only on the Blue Butterflies. Carpenter Bugs can actually be found anywhere, so you have an easier chance (though the chance of getting one alone is still low). Since you're looking for Carpenter Bugs and Pelagicite, go to Flooded Forest and focus there. It wouldn't also be bad to get Killer Beetles too, since they will probably cross your path in the forging field.
Okay, I'm having a bit of trouble with something.

Here's the deal: I'm mainly a guarder because my evasion skill is mad low. I pretty much suck with evading. My current Village Urgent is a Plesioth, and I've fought that thing once before; it's a pain in the Azuros. So now I'm soloing this thing, and I'm having a bad time (lol South Park reference). I need help: I'm using a Lagia Sword+ (Sword and Shield) for Lightning element because...I'm a guarder.

How do I beat this thing?

Also, should I switch to Lance, because I can only aim for his freaking feet, and I keep getting kicked around.

Edit: It's okay, I got it. Lance was the best investment for me, because it makes underwater battles more tolerable and a lot easier than with Dual Swords and Sword and Shields. I just can't seem to aim for flying wyverns' tails, such as a Rathalos and Rathian.
My mom recently bought me Monster hunter 3 ultimate and it is awesome!Cute I have one question though, how do I switch from hunting knife to axe so I can get iron ore from the cave?Smile
make sure you have a pick axe in your inventory then get close to an ore node (rock), an icon will appear above your head. the number of pulls depends on the ore and the pick axe type. Hope this helps.
Revive thread; REVIVE!
I got MH4U about a month ago;
Insanely fun game.
Today a hacker made me HR999 0.o