Modified Precision Strike Launcher for smoother trigger

I picked up a precision strike launcher to do some consistent launches for testings.  I noticed that it locks when you unless you put the cap in and lock it in.  Even then the locking mechanisim still makes it not as smooth.

I opened it up and thought I would share how to make the button smoother.

White Bars are Trigger locks.

[Image: 5MwlM2f.jpg]

Removed first lock:
[Image: 8jvWze7.jpg]

Both Locks Removed:
[Image: zCbSu2u.jpg]
Very cool. If it operates smoother than it's original form, that might be fun.

However, such a modification will make that launcher illegal for use in WBO tournaments. Sorry, but we're sticklers for ensuring launchers aren't illegally modified in any way that alters performance.
(Feb. 27, 2020  4:39 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Very cool. If it operates smoother than it's original form, that might be fun.

However, such a modification will make that launcher illegal for use in WBO tournaments. Sorry, but we're sticklers for ensuring launchers aren't illegally modified in any way that alters performance.

Thanks!  No worries I just plan to do scientific demo videos with it and wanted a consistent launch as a control.

I mainly use a light launcher.
Personally, I'd love to get a better handle on the inner workings on launchers myself. Mine tend to start skipping after a while. Also I'm terrified of breaking them, so I weak launch, subconsciously.

How's the new launch power on this Precision strike?
(Feb. 27, 2020  4:52 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: Personally, I'd love to get a better handle on the inner workings on launchers myself. Mine tend to start skipping after a while. Also I'm terrified of breaking them, so I weak launch, subconsciously.

How's the new launch power on this Precision strike?

The launch power is pretty strong.  I had to adjust the mainspring.

Which is probably why yours is skipping.  The center part where the mainspring winds could have broken off and you'll have to bend a new wedge on it.  I had that problem when testing my launcher a couple of times.

The internal mechanism is VERY basic the only piece you could loose is a spring thats for the lock but a side from that everything is large and fastens well.  Just dont uncoil the mainspring.
If you do uncoil the spring... Put the outer end into the inside of the cup first. Then hold it down firmly as you work it in towards the middle. If you let go it will explode across the room.