[Unanswered]  Mixing between Hasbro and TT

I can definitely understand why Takara Tomy drivers shouldn't be used on Hasbro layers, but is there a reason why the opposite is banned as well? In the case of TT drivers, the Hasbro layers become harder to burst and get damaged, but I don't see a problem with Hasbro drivers on TT layers. If anything, this will make them easier to burst, so no pieces are harmed, and players can access the Bearing driver easier.
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:04 PM)Armor Wrote: I can definitely understand why Takara Tomy drivers shouldn't be used on Hasbro layers, but is there a reason why the opposite is banned as well? In the case of TT drivers, the Hasbro layers become harder to burst and get damaged, but I don't see a problem with Hasbro drivers on TT layers. If anything, this will make them easier to burst, so no pieces are harmed, and players can access the Bearing driver easier.

I am pretty sure it will still ruin the layer.
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:07 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:04 PM)Armor Wrote: I can definitely understand why Takara Tomy drivers shouldn't be used on Hasbro layers, but is there a reason why the opposite is banned as well? In the case of TT drivers, the Hasbro layers become harder to burst and get damaged, but I don't see a problem with Hasbro drivers on TT layers. If anything, this will make them easier to burst, so no pieces are harmed, and players can access the Bearing driver easier.

I am pretty sure it will still ruin the layer.

How? The burst resistance is the only thing that's compromised in this case. I don't see how a Hasbro driver could hurt a TT layer.
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:10 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:07 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I am pretty sure it will still ruin the layer.

How? The burst resistance is the only thing that's compromised in this case. I don't see how a Hasbro driver could hurt a TT layer.

I’ve asked this question before. I know it doesn’t make sense but somehow it can ruin the TT layer.
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:12 PM)BuilderROB Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:10 PM)Armor Wrote: How? The burst resistance is the only thing that's compromised in this case. I don't see how a Hasbro driver could hurt a TT layer.

I’ve asked this question before. I know it doesn’t make sense but somehow it can ruin the TT layer.

Wait really? I'll just wait for some more input then.
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:28 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Nov. 11, 2019  10:12 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: I’ve asked this question before. I know it doesn’t make sense but somehow it can ruin the TT layer.

Wait really? I'll just wait for some more input then.

Probably the best thing to do.
Highly doubt that a Hasbro driver can damage a Takara Tomy layer. Definitely don’t mix a Takara Tomy driver, especially a dash driver with a Hasbro layer.

It’s just way easier to institute a separation of the layer and drivers between the two systems. In my view, feel free to mix Hasbro drivers and Takara Tomy layers in non-tournament settings if you want to.
I still think we should allow TT layers on Hasbro drivers. This really only applies for Bearing though, as I don't see anyone needing to use another Hasbro driver(maybe Dm-S?)
Using Hasbro Performance Tips on Takara Tomy Layers will not damage either, but the rule exists for the reasons BreakerDS mentioned previously.
I feel like I'm making an argument similar to bladekid advocating for Hasbro Turbo exclusives now...