Missing Plastic & HMS Beywiki Articles

It was a really easy beyblade article to write tbh. The only thing was the AR and all you had to say was it's gimmick and how it doesn't work properly at all.
So, I am going to try and organize a section of this list specifically for Hidden Spirit Beys. Thanks to Ultra for the list of names in his Hidden Spirits Draft, which is now linked near the bottom of the OP.

For starters, are we going to be doing separate articles for the different name and color variations of these beys? (ex. Griffolyon and Griffolyon 2, Gaia Dragoon and Salamalyon) because if there are no part variations, I see no reason to do so. Are there any part variations for those Hidden Spirits under different names?
(Aug. 16, 2012  8:22 PM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: So, I am going to try and organize a section of this list specifically for Hidden Spirit Beys. Thanks to Ultra for the list of names in his Hidden Spirits Draft, which is now linked near the bottom of the OP.

For starters, are we going to be doing separate articles for the different name and color variations of these beys? (ex. Griffolyon and Griffolyon 2, Hentai Gaia Dragoon and Salamalyon) because if there are no part variations, I see no reason to do so. Are there any part variations for those Hidden Spirits under different names?

In my opinion, the official releases should get separate pages, because the beybox is going to be different for each. That said, I'm not 100% sure right now, especially about the Hasbro II releases (seeing as the hasbro original versions either usually or always came with their molds of the parts), and I'm about to go to sleep so I don't have that clear a head.

The B.H. Gaia Dragoon has a different weight disk to salamalyon, other than that as far as I know there aren't any changes (i.e AR/WD/BB are always the same), not sure of avairon's WD off the top of my head though.

Anyway, what you should do when listing is list the clones together as a single entry, in release order (and I guess with non-numbered releases last), and for the mean time count the hasbro II versions as clones (though I think we'll end up just listing them as other versions with the mold 2 parts).
Trygle 2 and Trygle 2 G have been added and are now removed from the list. Dragoon V2 revamp completed and on Beywiki
Doing a little work on this list for you btw, some things need to be added (hasbro beys) and I guess I should make up my mind about what will/won't get separate articles seeing as that's my responsibility.
Will also add a *** sign with links to articles for beys that should be scrapped, because I'll probably get those threads closed soonish.

I'll try and get that done tonight but I have a load of housework to do.

When I get time, I'll also make a list of what needs to be redone (almost everything) as well as non-beyblade articles that need to be done/redone, that way we can properly use this to keep track of all progress.

Also think I should mention I have articles for Wolborg 4 and Kids/Master draciel in the works, amongst the myriad things I'm working on (I don't look active but I'm pouring 4-5 hours+ a day into beywiki in terms of testing and planning and writing (except when I'm super duper busy like the last few days)). Just in case anyone was going to take a shot at them. I mean people are welcome to but I've spent (and still have to spend) a lot of time figuring out how they function and everything so people should spend their time somewhere else for efficiency's sake. No rule against doing it though.

Aaaanyay gotta go vacuum the family room.
Made some modifications to the list to help organise things. Added some of the Hasbro altered beys with notes on their component parts and also added the *** thing.

As for articles that need to be rewritten or updated, well, that could simply be listed as "Basically Everything".

Considering giving Hasbro Metal Driger, Gigars, and Zeus a separate article because of how big the changes were and how it Metal Driger got a CEW Ver of its own. That said I'm not sure yet.

Made a few notes on needed articles. Someone needs to compile a list of the CWD plastic parts we're missing info on, though I may end up doing it myself.

Anyway, pretty sure I didn't miss any Beyblade articles that are needed. Might have missed some drafts though, I didn't really check unless I remembered seeing a thread for something.

(Aug. 23, 2010  2:40 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: *** = Draft exists but needs to be redone from scratch.

Apollon
Appolon G (Apollon/Dranzer G (CEW Ver) Composite)
Ariel 2
Bakushin-Oh ***
Bakuten Ryuu Hayate (+Hayate 2)/Raiden/Zinrai (+Zinrai 2)/Shin-Hayate ***
Bakuten Ryuu ZEO/Avairon
Ortrus/Ortros
Bound Attacker
Bound Defenser
Capricorn Strike G (Ariel 2/Flame Pegasus composite)
Crab Diver
Cyber Dragoon
Cyber Dragoon Battle Spec. (Cyber Dragoon/Gabriel Composite)
Death Gargoyle
Dark Effigy G (Death Gargoyle/Metal Driger/Draciel G (CEW Ver) Composite)
Desert Sphinxer
Draciel G
Draciel V
Dranzer Auto Change Balancer
Dranzer G
Dranzer GT
Dranzer V
Driger F
Driger G
Driger V
Flame Pegasus
Flash Leopard 2
Gabriel
Gaia Dragoon
Gaia Dragoon G
Galeon 2
Gigars + Hasbro Version
Guardian Driger
Kid Draciel/Master Draciel
Killer Eagle
Manta Diver
Master Dranzer/Metal Draciel
Metal Dranzer
Ocean Wrath G (Poseidon/Metal Driger (CEW Ver) Composite)
Orca Diver
Orthros G (Ortros/Draciel G (CEW Ver) Composite)
Poseidon
Rapid Eagle G (Killer Eagle/Dranzer G (CEW Ver) Composite)
Rock Bison
Roller Attacker
Rushing Boar
Salamalyon (also Salamalyon 2/Bakuten Henkei Gaia Dragoon/Bakuten Ryuu Donitrus) ***
Sparkling Attacker ***
Trygator
Venus
Venusian G (Venus/Dragoon G (CEW Ver) Composite)
White Gabriel G (Dragoon G (CEW Ver) + Unique AR Composite)
Wing Attacker
Wing Defenser
Wolborg 03 (Ariel)
Wolborg 4
Wyborg
Zeus + Hasbro Version

Non-Beyblade Articles (Incomplete List)
4 Layer System
5 Layer System
6 Layer System
Attack Weight Disks
Circle Survivor Defense
Defensive Zombie
Dragoon GT Advanced Starter Set
Engine Gear (in depth)
Engine Gear System
Grip Based Defense
Hasbro G-Revolution Parts List
Hidden Spirit
Magne Weight Disk
Parts Compatibility List
Weight Based Defense
Wide Survivor

------------------
Aero Knight MS
Dranzer MF

Missing CWD Plastic Parts

Also, CWD Sections that don't account for the ability to use the 17g CWD Piece from RBA2 with them need to be rewritten to do so.

I'm working on Wolborg 4 and Master/Kids Draciel, amongst other things, as I've done a lot of research on them, though there's no rule to stop others doing them I'd suggest others do something else.

At the moment I'm mostly focused on fixing all of the errors already on the wiki and improving/approving drafts, rather than writing completely new content. I could list off everything I'm working on but because of how I work it's a ridiculously large list and some of it is merely theoretical at this point. I might start keeping track of it on my blog at some point.

Some articles we might need: Attack Ring, Weight Disk, Blade Base, Support Parts. Spin Gear article needs to be redone. A lot of stuff only covered in the Special Parts article need their own articles. The Spin Gear article needs to be split up, because if done properly the sections will be long enough to deserve a page each.

We need a Sono Kong Article but I personally think there should be a separate article for SonoKong for the plastics series, because they made a bunch of sets and all the alteration info needs to be included, so a single article for SonoKong would be extremely long as a result.
Eventualy, we should give all part variations seperate articles, for all systems. All Hasbro beys that differ from their Takara counterparts (in terms of parts only) should recieve their own articles. For beys like Zeus, we shalll address the name of the article as "Zeus (Hasbro)" as to keep their official names intact.

th!nk, thanks for improving the list. I will cut and paste it to the OP in a few hours when I have access to my laptop.

I had a new idea recentlly; I was thinking of adding something I like to call an incentive system. Basicaly, if a person wants to be the one to make a new draft, that person would call dibbs for lack of a better word, and then I list their username next to the soon-to-be-started draft. In theory, it could motivate more peole to start drafts, and those with more experience to hold threads from being made to which they hold no power in. It would be excellent in preventing another Phoenix Inferno situation...I am rather over explaining it. Basicly, if you want to do certain drafts, list them and I will edit the list accordingly.
The issue that creates is that it makes the information people are looking for hard to find. Keeping it on one page means that they can learn about both versions they, if they might have either one, which is more efficient if the differences are fairly minor. There are valid arguments on either side, but that kind of decision is still Kei's call anyway.

Okay.

That's how it used to operate and it didn't work. We're all supposed to collaborate on each article, so there is no individual "author".
Yes, I suppos you are right

And we could just do what wikipedia does when there is a name discrepancy, put a statement and link at the top of the page in italics. Example below:

This is the article for the Takara version of the beyblade, Zeus. For information about the Hasbro part variant of the same name, please see Zeus (Hasbro).

Something along those lines, and the same thing can be done for a hasbro bey linking to a Takara bey of the same name
Especially since plastics and HMS Beyblades do not show their parts in their name, there is just no way a whole new article can be made. If someone searches for "Zeus", then they need to end up on the Zeus article, where everything about it is described.
If someone searches for Zeus, they would end up on the Takara version of the page, and then should they choose, follow the link to the Hasbro version to learn more. While your option has merit, as it is important to include all the information about the subject the article is about, these Hasbro beys are differennt enough to recieve their own articles. When you begin to mix articles, especialy in situations like this, pages get unneeddedly cluttered, and if done poorly, can cause confusion and misinformation. Having our readers and editors understand what they are looking it is a large part of our community.
For anything where it's more than just an EG+Tip Change (Zeus, Gigars, Metal Driger are all just that, whereas Rapid Eagle G is a very different beyblade to Killer Eagle, for example), there's obviously going to be a separate page.

For the EG/Tip changes, that's partially why I included the In Depth Engine Gear article in the wanted articles list. Because a lot of CEW's and EG's are shared, it may be better to redirect the common ones to a single page with the description, as none of them have any real use. Also, some parts were only released by hasbro, such as the customize right/left EG's and the Metal Ball CEW, so otherwise in the other version list of Draciel G, for example, the dark green version's CEW would need to link to the only 'unique' release with that CEW, Orthros G, which is pretty awkward. None of the generic ones really do anything of note, either.

If you give the hasbro versions equal space in the same article as the takara version it looks cluttered and messy, if you don't describe them then we get into the above mess, if you give them their own articles they're very similar to the takara one and it makes it hard to find.

Posted th!nks version of the list with a few minor edits for better organization. Thanks Smile
The non-beyblade articles section I wrote is entirely plastics-generation, there may be crossovers in a couple but the list is very much focussed on plastics... Mixing in HMS stuff gets confusing.
Fixed. By the way, I found this very old draft for Wide Survivor, if anyone wants to give it the old necro and make it meaningful

http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Wide-Survivor
So I am back, at least for a little while.

If anyone could fill me in on what plastic articles on the list have drafts or have gone up, that would be greatly appreciated
We now a section for in the beywiki forum that has approved drafts so look in future after time away but nothing has really happened recently. Mainly due to th!nk being largely absent.
th!nk went inactive right around the time I did. And I am only back for a short while, with Holiday Break being here and whatnot. Once I go back to school, i will more than likely check out again for a while.

Ill check those out in a bit. Thanks Ultra Grin Good to talk with you again
Pretty much all caught up with the list now. Ultra, I made it a point to add all of your stadium article drafts to the list as well. Let me know if I left anything out