(Metal Fury) Phantom Aquario 90 MF

I came up with this... in a way, based on Inguilit and TheSupremeOne's combo.

That's the concept, haha. Wanted to see how Metal Fury Phantom would fair as a Tornado Staller.

Launch- Stall.

Parts- Pretty obvious choices, haha.

Tests:

Defense
Stamina
Phantom Cancer 90MF vs MLD CH120EWD
Tornado Staller
More Stamina
Credits to Galaxy Blade for testing, thanks! Grin

Overall, its not incredibly good, but at the same time, not incredibly bad. For the most part, win rates were over 55%. Main reason it didn't do the best, was most likely since Galaxy didn't use a Custom Metal Face and since the fact Hasbro Phantom is lacking the (Plastic) Core.

If anyone wants to tests, I'll gladly add them into the OP.
Cool, it seems really even with The Supreme Ones combo Joyful_3.
If feel more comfortable with Burn I think just because I'm guessing its heavier and it could KO more effectively that Phantom. I'll do some tests if I find my MF.
(Dec. 16, 2013  2:56 AM)Tri Wrote: If feel more comfortable with Burn I think just because I'm guessing its heavier and it could KO more effectively that Phantom. I'll do some tests if I find my MF.

Hmm. I'll see if I can compare (if I can find) weights.

I'd appreciate tests against Metal Fury Duo, if you could. Grin
Your best bet for finding weights on phantom would be the hasbro topic, if you're brave and patient enough to sift through that mess. I found nothing in the original metal fury phantom discussion topic. It's a shame so few people have scales, they're generally inexpensive thanks to China, even with the need to buy a calibration weight.
(Dec. 16, 2013  10:19 PM)th!nk Wrote: Your best bet for finding weights on phantom would be the hasbro topic, if you're brave and patient enough to sift through that mess. I found nothing in the original metal fury phantom discussion topic. It's a shame so few people have scales, they're generally inexpensive thanks to China, even with the need to buy a calibration weight.

I tried looking through last night, but was not able to turn it up, yet. Its a mess, in there, haha.

I believe I have a scale in my basement, I'd need to see if it's in any workable condition, though.
I remember trying this and not being impressed with it at all; Phantom has pitiful solo-spin compared to Burn (or Scythe/Earth for that matter) which really defeated the point.

I'll try it again, but from what tests I've done, I'm afraid there might not be a terribly good version of MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF in this format... I've been trying a few things that have gotten close, but thus far nothing really holds a candle to my favorite custom. I still have a few ideas left that I'm still testing, but I can safely say Burn ___ 90MF and Phantom don't cut it.

I'll post weights of what I've got when I get home.
(Dec. 16, 2013  10:23 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I remember trying this and not being impressed with it at all; Phantom has pitiful solo-spin compared to Burn (or Scythe/Earth for that matter) which really defeated the point.

I'll try it again, but from what tests I've done, I'm afraid there might not be a terribly good version of MF-L Phantom Cygnus 85MF in this format... I've been trying a few things that have gotten close, but thus far nothing really holds a candle to my favorite custom. I still have a few ideas left that I'm still testing, but I can safely say Burn ___ 90MF and Phantom don't cut it.

I guess I probably overhyped phantom, overlooked exactly how horrible what hasbro did to it is for the thing. At least it's one less thing I need to purchase, probably.

As for there not being a version of that combo in the format, as nice as a combo as it is, I think it says a lot for how much less ridiculous the wheels in limited are. Maybe a 5 minute virgo would have what it takes to come close to that, but even then I don't think it would be aggressive enough to really do the trick as a balance part (even being one of the heaviest wheels in the format), and also no one has the 5 min mold any more it seems.

Sweet, mad pumped for that delicious data.
(Dec. 16, 2013  11:19 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Dec. 16, 2013  10:23 PM)Ingulit Wrote: I remember trying this and not being impressed with it at all; Phantom has pitiful solo-spin compared to Burn (or Scythe/Earth for that matter) which really defeated the point.

I guess I probably overhyped phantom, overlooked exactly how horrible what hasbro did to it is for the thing. At least it's one less thing I need to purchase, probably.

As for there not being a version of that combo in the format, as nice as a combo as it is, I think it says a lot for how much less ridiculous the wheels in limited are. Maybe a 5 minute virgo would have what it takes to come close to that, but even then I don't think it would be aggressive enough to really do the trick as a balance part (even being one of the heaviest wheels in the format), and also no one has the 5 min mold any more it seems.

Sweet, mad pumped for that delicious data.

Hasbro mutilated it, yeah... If it had decent stamina it'd work well since it has a decent amount of attack, but unfortunately its solo spin is just terrible.

You actually guessed what I'm working on right now, lol; if the tests go well hopefully I'll get a chance to actually post it without the thread getting sniped out from under me again :v

Weights will be coming soon, likely in another thread or something.
Well, I'll hold off to see the weights before I say much further about any potential uses it could have, as it sounds like phantom is burn with some horrible genetic disorder making it larger but no heavier and thus extremely brittle and likely to die before its 30th birthday.

I played around with that myself, unless you have a 5 min mold the tests will probably disappoint as Burn will likely be a lot better overall, Virgo has better defense but its shape and being on a low track could actually make it even easier to KO in this setup. A 5 min mold might have the stamina to make it viable, but other than that, eh - I've found 3 minute Virgo generally underwhelming in everything I've tried.
You may want to give 85 a shot over 90 as burn and virgo are both smaller than phantom so 85 isn't going to have scraping problems or anything (I just tried this out and yeah 85MF seems fine to me on both of them).