Metal Fury Metal Wheel Weights

:: MFB: Limited ::
Metal Fury Metal Wheel Weights

I have a really accurate penny scale and a lot of the Metal Fury wheels, so I'm going to post the weights here as per a request from several users. This is going to serve as a reference since we have a few conflicting sources as to how much they actually weigh.

I don't have all the Metal Fury wheels, so help would be greatly appreciated to finish this out.

:: Known Weights ::

Known Weights Wrote:
  • Blitz: 32.09g
    -=-=-=-
  • Cosmic: 33.07g
    -=-=-=-
  • Duo: 29.21g (thank you Coach)
    -=-=-=-
  • Fang: 30.73g
    -=-=-=-
  • Jade: 29.46g (thank you Coach)
    -=-=-=-
  • L-Drago III
    -- Hasbro: ~5.06g (average of 3)
    -- TT/Sonokong: ~5.90g (average of 2)
    ---- NOTE: It is legal to use TT/Sonokong PC Frames on Destructor and Guardian
    -=-=-=-
  • L-Drago Destructor
    -- Destructor: 28.64g
    -- Overall (Hasbro L-Drago III): ~33.70g
    -- Overall (TT/Sonokong PC Frame): ~34.54g
    -=-=-=-
  • L-Drago Guardian
    -- Guardian: 31.66g
    -- Overall (Hasbro L-Drago III): ~36.72g
    -- Overall (TT/Sonokong PC Frame): ~37.56g
    -=-=-=-
  • Phantom: 32.11g
    -=-=-=-
  • Proto Nemesis
    -- Proto: 29.81g
    -- Nemesis X: 3.31g
    -- Overall: 33.12g
    -=-=-=-
  • Scythe: 34.14g
    -- Weight from Coach: 33.69g
    -=-=-=-
  • VariAres: 34.85g
    -- Weight from Coach: 34.99g
    -=-=-=-
  • Wing: 28.83g (thank you Coach)

:: Unknown Weights ::

Unknown Weights Wrote:
  • Beat: ??.??g
  • Death: ??.??g
  • Firefuse: ??.??g
Realllllly regretting buying Duo instead of Scythe now, haha, scythe is real heavy.
33g explains cosmic's performance pretty well, too.

Also, wow, LDG is pretty heavy, in the top 5 accounting for clear wheels if I remember right.

I'll get Beat and Duo weights when mine arrive, uh, next year.

Thanks a bunch for all the data Grin
Yeah it is heavy! I refused to buy that thing because of the color XD.

Variares is heavier than I thought as well (being for the most part plastic).
Variares doesn't have a clear wheel, so you can take away like 3.3g off that for one of the heavy ones for comparison, and it's then pretty light.

Swapped the Duo ice titan in my order for Scythe Kronos, seeing as Scythe is heavy and duo is very much not heavy according to estimates and logic from how it performs. Thanks a bunch for these weights, Ingulit.
Wow, I'm actually impressed that these weights aren't as revolting as I thought they'd be. I could probably see LDG being used, maybe, and Blitz as long it has a MF and RF to control recoil. I've heard rumors around the site that these were all <30 grams, but considering the heaviest MW in Limited is like 34 ish grams these weights are not bad at all.
(Dec. 19, 2013  2:25 AM)Wombat Wrote: Wow, I'm actually impressed that these weights aren't as revolting as I thought they'd be. I could probably see LDG being used, maybe, and Blitz as long it has a MF and RF to control recoil. I've heard rumors around the site that these were all <30 grams, but considering the heaviest MW in Limited is like 34 ish grams these weights are not bad at all.

To be fair, Ingulit is lacking most of the really light ones, but Cosmic, Scythe, and LDG are all quite impressive. The heaviest wheels aside from metal fury are Libra (42.2g - equivalent to 38.9g on a hybrid system wheel, compensated for by poor shape and eh distribution) and Screw (34.3g).

Blitz should in theory be good but not spectacular, which is basically what TBD's tests showed.

Here are my weights of my parts (no metal fury parts yet), if anyone wants to do comparisons for themselves: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?...sp=sharing
(Dec. 18, 2013  2:47 AM)th!nk Wrote: Variares doesn't have a clear wheel, so you can take away like 3.3g off that for one of the heavy ones for comparison, and it's then pretty light.

I know, I just honestly thought it'd be under 30 grams at least, haha.
These are what I weighed:
Scythe: 33.69 grams
Duo: 29.21 grams
Wing: 28.83
Vari: 34.99
Jade: 29.46

the scale I got cost a mere $6.95
(Dec. 30, 2013  5:40 PM)Coach Wrote: These are what I weighed:
Scythe: 33.69 grams
Duo: 29.21 grams
Wing: 28.83
Vari: 34.99
Jade: 29.46

Welp so much for wing being anything other than complete and utter garbage.

Thanks for the weights, though Grin
By the way guys, seeing these weights made me remember to tell everyone that we definitely want to incorporate at least sub-sections about Hasbro's Metal Fury versions of Metal Wheels that are already on Beywiki. So, with those weights, and what I see is progressing tests with those Metal Fury Wheels, once you think enough is known about them, go ahead and post drafts in the Beywiki Project forum. Of course, there will be a clear mention that they are basically not competitive in normal circumstances, but the Limited format at least tells us how exactly they perform, etc.
I still think Wing might have some use if as a LTDC given the ramping shape, but maybe I'm just having wishful thinking.
Personally, I think we're still at least a few weeks from where we'll know quite enough for BeyWiki (mostly just looking at the best ways to use each one and some confirmation testing etc), but I am glad to hear it'll be incorporated - I was planning on speaking to you about Limited and BeyWiki, I'll shoot you a PM in a little, but either way I'll be around to look over anything like that (I am so tired of plastics right now it's not even funny so I may as well make myself useful elsewhere) and help out with revisions/wordings/whatever, for whatever that's worth.

(Dec. 30, 2013  6:20 PM)Coach Wrote: I still think Wing might have some use if as a LTDC given the ramping shape, but maybe I'm just having wishful thinking.

Trust me, that thing is only going to have use as a projectile and/or the butt of jokes I may or may not make in the future.
For comparison, 28.83 is lighter than any non-legend, non-CW-Compensated wheel (i.e. meteo), and lighter than most Legend wheels too. The only things I have that are lighter than that are Meteo, a SonoKong Galaxy (their mold is much lighter) and of course Midnight (25.29g of impotent rage). A particularly light Takara galaxy comes close at 28.97, though. I forget what Torch, Night, Hyper and Fury weigh, but some of them would be in the same area. Add in the fact it's so big which means more leverage and even less rotational inertia and Wing could actually be duking it out with Poison (which is heavier by .8-0.95g) in the horrible metal wheels that shouldn't have been made stakes!
Seriously though, it would be cool to test if it only to get an idea of how awful it is, so do let us know how it turns out - or miraculously show me up for being presumptuous in an insipirational 90's movie about a top with 28.83 grams of pure heart (don't get your hopes up though Tongue_out).
Mini-necro since I'm just now getting back to the WBO after being absent due to holidays and just now saw these responses:

Thank you for those weights!! I'll update the OP accordingly, and if anyone has any of the other metal wheels with unknown weights and has a decent scale it'd be very helpful so we can get this done Grin

EDIT: Holy carp is Wing lighter than Torch?! What is this I don't even
Do we have a weight for Torch? I really need to hunt down the weights of all the legend wheels and put them somewhere I'll remember.

My Beat should be here Monday or Tuesday, and I'll weigh it the moment I get it out of its packaging and calibrate my scale. Scythe fairly quickly too, haha, but we've got a rough idea of that already.

So, is anyone going to bite the bullet on either firefuse and death and/or a scale and calibration weight for them?
Well I guess that's uh... Something?

Anyway, here are my weights. Freshly calibrated scale etc etc
Scythe: 33.73g
Beat: 32.27g

Worth noting that Beat is actually lighter than RB7 Vulcan (A little heavier than my BBP-01 one, though).
Also on the off chance it wasn't confirmed already, the Lynx and Kronos they came with are lighter than my Takara ones, even though Hasbro's Lynx doesn't have a hole on one side of its underside like the Takara one.

Oh also Metal Fury Beat is slightly smaller in every dimension than the Takara version, while Metal Fury Scythe is a bit thicker than Takara's.
Probably fake weights (Click to View)
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Your AA2 Scythe is ridiculously heavy (I guess that's why you usually get even better results than I do - and the idea of "a scythe more obnoxious than my own" is pretty scary to consider!), but for what it's worth, mine is lighter than Ingulit's non-AA2 one, so it isn't all just the weight.
WBO Committee: It was recently brought to our attention that all tests by Crescent in this topic are fabricated. We urge you to forget their results and that someone trustworthy conduct the actual tests for the sake of this metagame.
Nothing too unusual given the weight range, really, though I do find it odd that that weight difference doesn't seem to affect things as much as the specific mold used - without any major visible difference aside from the mold number and the circular indentations/raised points on the underside (Angryface pointed those out to me), that much is quite strange.

Well, that explains a lot about its performance then, that's ridiculously light.

Anyway, when did you get a scale haha? Any chance you could weigh the rest of your metal fury parts? I'm curious about Beat in particular, given my poor results with it.
Yeah, I'll try weigh as much as I can. To bad I don't have a Firefuse.

As for the rest of your post. That makes sence.

I got them when I become DoubleAdvanced, haha. Just joking. Got them about 2 days ago.
Finally got around to weighing all of my Metal Fury Metal Wheels:

VariAres: 35.4 g
Beat: 32.4
Jade: 29.9 g
Death: 31.4 g
Wing: 28.7 g
Duo: 29.1 g
AA1 Scythe: 33.9 g
AA1 Scythe (w/4D Scythe stickers): 33.8 g
AA2 Scythe: 33.8 g
AA2 Scythe: 33.9 g
AA3 Scythe: 34.5 g