[Takara Tomy]  Maximum Garuda Testing/Discussion

(Aug. 05, 2017  2:30 AM)Shaady Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2017  2:24 AM)Bastillon Wrote: You DO realize that not everyone has a credit card right?

You don't need a credit card to shop on ebay.
That would be a bit more complicated since I'm not really in charge of my bank account right now (because parents exist). Any form of e-payment is quite frankly impossible for me.
@[Kei] gVHX does not work against dFSR, since dF just absorbs most of the impact force, making it difficult for gV to KO dF, and bursting dF is literally impossible with gV.
(Aug. 05, 2017  2:02 AM)Ultra Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2017  1:21 AM)Bastillon Wrote: While true, I heavily doubt that mG is as prone to bursting in normal circumstances. If it successfully resists bursting by dF, one of the best stationary burst attack layers right now, then I will expect that mG is at least powerful enough to exist in the metagame without any real resistance besides lS, and most layers would fail to burst it. And I meant D2 being easier to burst and KO in comparison with mG.
Because it's totally fair that almost every single meta combo relies on Atomic, a part currently only available in random boosters, and other people who aren't lucky enough would have to wait for the re-release in customized bey *3 + launcher box (which is way more expensive and has a soon ™ slapped on it) or maybe in another regular booster (lol gl with that). It's pretty much the only reason why I've been stuck in a limbo for so long. I just can't test anything anymore without someone casually throwing around "what about __Atomic?" and stuff, and I pretty much "exiled" myself because I still haven't succeeded in defeating dFSR without the new lS.

You can get Atomic in the individual beyblade on ebay for $25 shipped right now. If you really can't afford to spend that then beyblade probably isn't the right hobby for you.

Do send me a link Pinching_eyes_2
(Aug. 05, 2017  6:08 AM)Bersilus Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2017  2:02 AM)Ultra Wrote: You can get Atomic in the individual beyblade on ebay for $25 shipped right now. If you really can't afford to spend that then beyblade probably isn't the right hobby for you.

Do send me a link Pinching_eyes_2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Burst-B...Sw9OFZKgjv
(Aug. 05, 2017  8:18 AM)mj9 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2017  6:08 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Do send me a link Pinching_eyes_2

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Burst-B...Sw9OFZKgjv

Thanks! This may be the only way I get atomic
So I got to play against this bey today while in Ginza. A good lot of the hype for this bey is real- the 3 people who brought it had a near 100% win record. The only ones that managed to beat them were each other and my gK4G.At. Its weakness is definitely bursting, but it's hard to find any purchase while going against its smooth rim, so even that is a rarity. gK is particularly effective solely because its POM strips are some of the longest in the game, which allow it to actually catch the rim of gK. This is, however, a HUGE problem, because impact and harder plastic do nothing to halt it. I expect to see the price of gK to go up as more people use it to deal with an otherwise near-unstoppable top.
mG +  anything other than stock mG god chip/metal god chip has been banned from TT's official tournaments,  thoughts ?
(Aug. 08, 2017  9:57 AM)chips556 Wrote: mG +  anything other than stock mG god chip/metal god chip has been banned from TT's official tournaments,  thoughts ?

Well if the chips make a big enough difference as everyone says then I guess it's fair
(Aug. 08, 2017  9:57 AM)chips556 Wrote: mG +  anything other than stock mG god chip/metal god chip has been banned from TT's official tournaments,  thoughts ?

I think we can reasonably expect something similar to follow for WBO tournaments aswell.
Wait, so why is mG+other god chips banned? What difference does another bey's god chip make?
(Aug. 08, 2017  5:07 PM)XYZ-Jaden Wrote: Wait, so why is mG+other god chips banned? What difference does another bey's god chip make?

Some of them can apparently be tighter, making mG harder to burst.
If you put an A mold god chip on mG it becomes as tight as a Hasbro beyblade with takara tomy drivers.
(Aug. 08, 2017  5:48 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: If you put an A mold god chip on mG it becomes as tight as a Hasbro beyblade with takara tomy drivers.

I think marutti posted a photo of a poster that said that only mG's god chip and the metal god chip may be used on mG
(Aug. 08, 2017  7:24 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2017  5:48 PM)1234beyblade Wrote: If you put an A mold god chip on mG it becomes as tight as a Hasbro beyblade with takara tomy drivers.

I think marutti posted a photo of a poster that said that only mG's god chip and the metal god chip may be used on mG

Well yes, as the official site also says, but 1234beyblade was giving an example of why that rule even had to be put in place by TAKARA-TOMY in the first place.
but just how powerful is garuda considering the burst percentage
(Aug. 08, 2017  8:55 PM)Jack112233 Wrote: but just how powerful is garuda considering the burst percentage

Despite it having bad teeth it's still nerds most attack layers
(Aug. 08, 2017  10:05 PM)mj9 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2017  8:55 PM)Jack112233 Wrote: but just how powerful is garuda considering the burst percentage

Despite it having bad teeth it's still nerds most attack layers

It all depends on what god chip you are using.
Just gonna post this here, take it how you want it.

Stationary Valk is a pretty good counter to it in deck format because you only need to win 1/3 matches to make the score tied since it will most likely be by a burst.  lS was kinda a disappointment, I thought it was going to eat mG for breakfast.  Anyway aside from attack gK does eat it for breakfast as predicted, though do I think mG is OP?  Yes, it's very hard to get around it (should mention VHR only works with a crazy hard launch, so it will obviously not work for everyone) and is basically the D2 of the current meta where it only has two known effective combos against it (VHR and gKHR for mG and MKZ and DHR for D2).
(Aug. 09, 2017  5:35 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Just gonna post this here, take it how you want it.

Stationary Valk is a pretty good counter to it in deck format because you only need to win 1/3 matches to make the score tied since it will most likely be by a burst.  lS was kinda a disappointment, I thought it was going to eat mG for breakfast.  Anyway aside from attack gK does eat it for breakfast as predicted, though do I think mG is OP?  Yes, it's very hard to get around it (should mention VHR only works with a crazy hard launch, so it will obviously not work for everyone) and is basically the D2 of the current meta where it only has two known effective combos against it (VHR and gKHR for mG and MKZ and DHR for D2).

Would Valtryek work as well for those that don't want to buy a new Valkyrie every tournament
(Aug. 09, 2017  5:35 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Stationary Valk is a pretty good counter to it in deck format because you only need to win 1/3 matches to make the score tied since it will most likely be by a burst.  lS was kinda a disappointment, I thought it was going to eat mG for breakfast.  Anyway aside from attack gK does eat it for breakfast as predicted, though do I think mG is OP?  Yes, it's very hard to get around it (should mention VHR only works with a crazy hard launch, so it will obviously not work for everyone) and is basically the D2 of the current meta where it only has two known effective combos against it (VHR and gKHR for mG and MKZ and DHR for D2).
To be fair, though, the lS in your video just seems to miss the flower pattern a lot, either overshooting it or just way too small to even hit the center, so I'm not quite sure if lS is really that bad, considering the test results on the lS thread. But I'm a bit curious about gK.
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote:
(Aug. 09, 2017  5:35 AM)1234beyblade Wrote: Stationary Valk is a pretty good counter to it in deck format because you only need to win 1/3 matches to make the score tied since it will most likely be by a burst.  lS was kinda a disappointment, I thought it was going to eat mG for breakfast.  Anyway aside from attack gK does eat it for breakfast as predicted, though do I think mG is OP?  Yes, it's very hard to get around it (should mention VHR only works with a crazy hard launch, so it will obviously not work for everyone) and is basically the D2 of the current meta where it only has two known effective combos against it (VHR and gKHR for mG and MKZ and DHR for D2).
To be fair, though, the lS in your video just seems to miss the flower pattern a lot, either overshooting it or just way too small to even hit the center, so I'm not quite sure if lS is really that bad, considering the test results on the lS thread. But I'm a bit curious about gK.

The Xtreme was too worn for lS in this vid, so eventhough we launched hard it still seemed like it was slow.
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:54 AM)1234beyblade Wrote:
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote: To be fair, though, the lS in your video just seems to miss the flower pattern a lot, either overshooting it or just way too small to even hit the center, so I'm not quite sure if lS is really that bad, considering the test results on the lS thread. But I'm a bit curious about gK.

The Xtreme was too worn for lS in this vid, so eventhough we launched hard it still seemed like it was slow.

what disks were u guys using?
the flower pattern normally just works of very good attack types suck sad excalibur or valtreik.
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:36 AM)Bastillon Wrote:

~Mana~ posted some highly contrasting results in the Legend Spriggan topic, from what I recall. Always look at all tests posted in a topic, not just those in the first message.
(Aug. 10, 2017  2:26 PM)Kai-V Wrote: ~Mana~ posted some highly contrasting results in the Legend Spriggan topic, from what I recall. Always look at all tests posted in a topic, not just those in the first message.
This would be terribly inefficient for test results with way too many messages, and is also the reason why I try to gather all test results posted in my own threads into the OP. No one likes to scroll through multiple pages just to scramble for one critical test result, and this is exactly the problem with the competitive burst combo thread.
Back on topic, I'm a bit skeptical about lS now, although this is kind of expected given mG's apparently superior position so far. Still, can someone post test results against gK? Although I personally don't have it (and a lot of other people probably don't either), I'm still a bit curious.