Mario Kart 8

Poll: What do you think of Mario Kart 8?

It's amazing!
66.67%
It's alright
25.00%
It sucks
0%
Never played it
8.33%
Total: 100% 12 vote(s)
I just got this game the other day and wow, just wow. This is one of the best Mario Kart games out there. The graphics are stunning, Nintendo really outdid themselves this time. The game itself plays a lot like Mario Kart 7. I really like how you can customize your own kart. But that's not the best part. The best part IMO is the zero gravity. Now you can drive on some walls or even 180 degrees. Nintendo even updated some of the old levels and put zero g sections in them. By far one of my favorite Mario Kart games.
I gotta say, from playing the Demo version, it's a waste of money. It's the same as MKW, just with the added customizer and zero gravity gimmick, (which feels slower and more boring to me) And by the way, this negative review is by a diehard Nintendo fan, I love Mario Kart, it was the first video game I won in, and the game that I played to the point of the N64 overheating. (Yes I played the N64 Mario Kart)

Edit: blah I love Mario Kart, it was the first video game I've ever played, been lovin it since I was 3. I like the Wii-U and all, I just don't like the cluttering mix of third party games. SSBU is much more than a 1080p incarnation, it has more of everything in the past games. I'm not being a jerk here, just saying.
No love for Mario Kart or the Wii U? D:

Got a Wii U just to play this game and it's been great. Sure it feels like previous Mario Kart games but isn't Smash Bros a reincarnation of each previous game as well? 1080p looks amazing and 12 player online is super fun and fast paced.
By far the best Mario Kart. Sure, the battle mode sucks, the roster didn't need 5 baby characters, and there are still item issues, but everything else is perfect, and those complaints are somewhat minor, especially in comparison to all of the great things this game brought to the table. Stunning art style, perfectly smooth controls, great kart/bike options with customization, decent online, great ranking system, AMAZING tracks, and oh so much more.
I love the new Rainbow Road. Especially the music. Definitely an improvement from 7.
Sometimes I start this game up and end up just listening to the theme song for several minutes. That's how good it is.
Yo
So I beat the game, three starred every cup on every difficulty what have you and loaded the game; I actually got the bigggest shock when bowser roared on the title screen haha, legend.
Mario Kart 8 is pretty good, but i still prefer Mario Kart Wii over all mario kart online games, I think everyone can agree that the VR system is unbalanced in many ways, like people with 10000vr get into rooms with people that have 6000vr (personal exp)... and loosing 50vr for last place is just so heartbreaking (personal exp again) Crying Items are kinda unbalanced and Red shells are way over powered. Either than those two things Mario kart 8 could have been the best. If mario kart 8 had mario kart wii RNG, and MK7 vr system then the game would have been perfect imo.
(Jun. 21, 2014  6:40 AM)blah Wrote: No love for Mario Kart or the Wii U? D:

Got a Wii U just to play this game and it's been great. Sure it feels like previous Mario Kart games but isn't Smash Bros a reincarnation of each previous game as well? 1080p looks amazing and 12 player online is super fun and fast paced.

MK 8 does not run in 1080p it it native 720p. Nintendo decided to do this to ensure 60fps. Still it is a damn fine looking game game.
i havea wii u i have two demo games and two wii u games and the two games i have are mario kart 8 and lego marvels superhero