Making a "tanky" Bey

(May. 07, 2018  12:16 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(May. 06, 2018  11:56 PM)Takeno Wrote: AH! is that the 1k beyblade or something that was mentioned earlier

Yeah. It's not 1k though, it's around $100-200 (pretty expensive for a top)

i mean thats not too bad, I'm coming from warhammer as a hobby, so 100-200 is certainly more better then 1k lol
No, Ωrichalcum Ωuter Ωcta is the 1k Beyblade. I wish it was only like $100-200, haha.

See: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Beyblade-Oricha...OSwkvdaZHq~
(May. 08, 2018  6:53 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: No, Ωrichalcum Ωuter Ωcta is the 1k Beyblade. I wish it was only like $100-200, haha.

THAT'S INSANE!!! I've never even seen this bey lol
I think for a bulky bey aB.0B.Yr/Octa would be good...
(May. 08, 2018  6:53 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: No, Ωrichalcum Ωuter Ωcta is the 1k Beyblade. I wish it was only like $100-200, haha.

Oh i thought it costed way less
(May. 08, 2018  12:46 AM)TheBOI Wrote:
(May. 07, 2018  12:26 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: That's a attack bey, not a tank (as in Defense or Stamina)

It's more of a balance type and it's the heaviest ever

This is burst, not MFB
I'd throw gK.P.Yr in as well. I find it extremely hard to burst this monstrosity. It could be defeated by other means, but in terms of burst resistance, I think that this would be a surprise combo.
(May. 09, 2018  7:45 AM)Bastillon Wrote: I'd throw gK.P.Yr in as well. I find it extremely hard to burst this monstrosity. It could be defeated by other means, but in terms of burst resistance, I think that this would be a surprise combo.

gK is like a right spin aB and polish is too light to tank attacks. Try aB.8B.Br instead. You have the advantage of "unclicking" when battling a right spin bey (this combo is so loose that against a right spin beyblade it will tighten.)

Either that or eF.0B.Yd.
(May. 09, 2018  1:11 PM)MWF Wrote: gK is like a right spin aB and polish is too light to tank attacks. Try aB.8B.Br instead. You have the advantage of "unclicking" when battling a right spin bey (this combo is so loose that against a right spin beyblade it will tighten.)
Either that or eF.0B.Yd.
gK and aB are fundamentally different layers. I discovered this combo by accident, so regular logic doesn't really work in this situation. I was messing around with gK and Yr, and they clicked unusually tight together. After a couple of minutes, I found that Polish further bolsters the burst resistance of this combo. It's really difficult to get a single click off this thing. Of course, it's not exactly convincing when I'm the only one claiming this, so I encourage you to try it out. I've received no reply from the wiki thread for Yard on this combo, and apparently no one even bothered to do so. I guess I'm just seen as another delusional blader with no prerequisite knowledge of how beyblade works. The only thing that I need confirming would be if everyone could agree that their Yard drivers have strong burst resistance, and I could eliminate the factor of mold difference from my hypothesis. I would not make such a bold claim if I have never seen it myself, and I can assure you that I'm not the nutter who would call _.Boost.Jaggy a good combo.

Also, eF is relatively easy to burst. gK isn't on specific drivers, such as Revolve, Orbit or the previously mentioned Yard.
(May. 09, 2018  2:46 PM)Bastillon Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  1:11 PM)MWF Wrote: gK is like a right spin aB and polish is too light to tank attacks. Try aB.8B.Br instead. You have the advantage of "unclicking" when battling a right spin bey (this combo is so loose that against a right spin beyblade it will tighten.)
Either that or eF.0B.Yd.
gK and aB are fundamentally different layers. I discovered this combo by accident, so regular logic doesn't really work in this situation. I was messing around with gK and Yr, and they clicked unusually tight together. After a couple of minutes, I found that Polish further bolsters the burst resistance of this combo. It's really difficult to get a single click off this thing. Of course, it's not exactly convincing when I'm the only one claiming this, so I encourage you to try it out. I've received no reply from the wiki thread for Yard on this combo, and apparently no one even bothered to do so. I guess I'm just seen as another delusional blader with no prerequisite knowledge of how beyblade works. The only thing that I need confirming would be if everyone could agree that their Yard drivers have strong burst resistance, and I could eliminate the factor of mold difference from my hypothesis. I would not make such a bold claim if I have never seen it myself, and I can assure you that I'm not the nutter who would call _.Boost.Jaggy a good combo.

Also, eF is relatively easy to burst. gK isn't on specific drivers, such as Revolve, Orbit or the previously mentioned Yard.

If guardian Kerberus does have good burst resistance on said combo the main problem is how light it is. It would most likely get flung around by heavy and fast attack combos. The lower height of yard may help slightly but with jolt in play it means that the benefit is not guaranteed. Try eF.P.Yr and compare it to gK.P.Yr. The increased weight of eF would improve burst resistance because the layer would be heavier than the disk. A heavy layer and a light disk has good burst resistance.
Galaxy zeus with zero disk and the planet driver is very Tanky bey.
(May. 08, 2018  11:48 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(May. 08, 2018  12:46 AM)TheBOI Wrote:
It's more of a balance type and it's the heaviest ever

This is burst, not MFB

Okey, then maximum garuda is a nice option
(May. 08, 2018  6:53 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: No, Ωrichalcum Ωuter Ωcta is the 1k Beyblade. I wish it was only like $100-200, haha.

Thats pretty crazy, but then again I've paid GW over several hundred dollars for my marine army lol so i've seen lots of good (I assume?) combos, nice to see that theres all kinds of various "tank" combos here, and glad to see everyone discussing!! Grin So since Toys R Us is no more, what are the odds of finding what I need at like say walmart?
(May. 09, 2018  11:39 PM)Takeno Wrote:

Thats pretty crazy, but then again I've paid GW over several hundred dollars for my marine army lol so i've seen lots of good (I assume?) combos, nice to see that theres all kinds of various "tank" combos here, and glad to see everyone discussing!! Grin So since Toys R Us is no more, what are the odds of finding what I need at like say walmart?

Walmart is good for shopping for beys, but you can barely find any SwitchStrike beys (all are Hasbro btw). If you want T.T. beys, you can look on Amazon and Ebay for those (beware the fakes). Another good place for beys is Gamestop, I always find Evolution beys there
(May. 09, 2018  11:51 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  11:39 PM)Takeno Wrote: Thats pretty crazy, but then again I've paid GW over several hundred dollars for my marine army lol so i've seen lots of good (I assume?) combos, nice to see that theres all kinds of various "tank" combos here, and glad to see everyone discussing!! Grin So since Toys R Us is no more, what are the odds of finding what I need at like say walmart?

Walmart is good for shopping for beys, but you can barely find any SwitchStrike beys (all are Hasbro btw). If you want T.T. beys, you can look on Amazon and Ebay for those (beware the fakes). Another good place for beys is Gamestop, I always find Evolution beys there

Oh, well next time I go to gamestop, I'll have to take a look! I've been meaning to go to walmart and take a look actually! Now is there any difference between Hasbro/T.T.? Like one isn't better cause brand name yea? or is it like just how things in japan get released and shuffled around before it hits the states?
(May. 13, 2018  8:03 PM)Takeno Wrote:
(May. 09, 2018  11:51 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Walmart is good for shopping for beys, but you can barely find any SwitchStrike beys (all are Hasbro btw). If you want T.T. beys, you can look on Amazon and Ebay for those (beware the fakes). Another good place for beys is Gamestop, I always find Evolution beys there

Oh, well next time I go to gamestop, I'll have to take a look! I've been meaning to go to walmart and take a look actually! Now is there any difference between Hasbro/T.T.? Like one isn't better cause brand name yea? or is it like just how things in japan get released and shuffled around before it hits the states?

Takara Tomy beys have teeth (making it rarer to burst), and Hasbro has slopes. Because the drivers have different mechanisms, Takara Tomy drivers can't go on Hasbro beys. Hasbro drivers can go on Takara Tomy beys, but it will burst more often. Takara Tomy has better packaging and plastic. Hasbro beys are more durable than Takara Tomy beys.

You can watch some Youtube videos explaining the differences better (Beyblade Geeks made a video on this).
(May. 13, 2018  11:21 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote:
(May. 13, 2018  8:03 PM)Takeno Wrote: Oh, well next time I go to gamestop, I'll have to take a look! I've been meaning to go to walmart and take a look actually! Now is there any difference between Hasbro/T.T.? Like one isn't better cause brand name yea? or is it like just how things in japan get released and shuffled around before it hits the states?

Takara Tomy beys have teeth (making it rarer to burst), and Hasbro has slopes. Because the drivers have different mechanisms, Takara Tomy drivers can't go on Hasbro beys. Hasbro drivers can go on Takara Tomy beys, but it will burst more often. Takara Tomy has better packaging and plastic. Hasbro beys are more durable than Takara Tomy beys.

You can watch some Youtube videos explaining the differences better (Beyblade Geeks made a video on this).

Ah, ok. I'm actually subbed to BBG lol I liked the rerelease of Dragoon and Dranzer.