Make your suggestions!

As I stated in the recent announcement, Beywiki will be getting a serious revamp soon so it finally reaches the original vision I had for the project. But Beywiki is not my site, it is a community, and it can't survive without your input.

So I want to hear your really good suggestions. Please think carefully before suggesting. What does Beywiki need the most? What would you most enjoy seeing? And don't make a suggestion if you aren't willing to participate! This isn't my job, it's our job.

Go!
How about videos like we talked about a while ago? Technical demos would help readers understand concepts a lot better than an article alone. This is one thing I could definitely help with.

Did you ever get around to making a Beywiki Youtube account?
I'll be picking up a camera this summer and videos are definitely a top priority right now. Smile Video demos of the new Beyblades are a must, right? Grin
Bey Brad Wrote:I'll be picking up a camera this summer and videos are definitely a top priority right now. Smile Video demos of the new Beyblades are a must, right? Grin

Definitely!

Also, I hope we can made videos of BND! as well so that the people who don't attend can at least get a taste of how awesome it will be. Grin
Yeah, there will be definitely be videos of BND. I don't know if anyone has a digital camcorder though so we may have to deal with crappy digicam videos.
Bey Brad Wrote:Yeah, there will be definitely be videos of BND. I don't know if anyone has a digital camcorder though so we may have to deal with crappy digicam videos.

Hmm, yeah. Hopefully someone has one.
What about a beyblader list like there a list of all the bladers and people got to put there pictures and beyblade that they use and where they live and how old are you and your beyblading rank, What do you guys think. I Think it is a great idea to find people that beyblade in your area
TopBlade Wrote:What about a beyblader list like there a list of all the bladers and people got to put there pictures and beyblade that they use and where they live and how old are you and your beyblading rank, What do you guys think. I Think it is a great idea to find people that beyblade in your area

Something like that could easily be done on a thread here. I don't think it's really something that should be put on the wiki.
TopBlade Wrote:What about a beyblader list like there a list of all the bladers and people got to put there pictures and beyblade that they use and where they live and how old are you and your beyblading rank, What do you guys think. I Think it is a great idea to find people that beyblade in your area

You have a profile on this board with most of the information, and you can put your Beyblades in your signature.
Bey Brad Wrote:

You have a profile on this board with most of the information, and you can put your Beyblades in your signature.

It would be convenient to have an applet that helps you look for people around you though.
Well, when articles are written I think it'd be a good idea for a beyblade encyclopedia button or link on the main page. It'd be for people that don't know much so they don't know exactly what to type into the search bar.

Maybe some of the more um...I have no idea what adjective to use (maybe educated?) can write some physics articles?
Cye Kinomiya Wrote:Well, when articles are written I think it'd be a good idea for a beyblade encyclopedia button or link on the main page. It'd be for people that don't know much so they don't know exactly what to type into the search bar.

Maybe some of the more um...I have no idea what adjective to use (maybe educated?) can write some physics articles?

I was supposed to do so at the end of last year but I ended up getting bogged down with my research project. If someone could give me a list of topics that should be covered in it I'll try to write something.
Centrifugal Force
The differences between spinning faster and spinning for longer

I can't think of much right now. And I'm not exactly sure if articles like these are a priority. But, I never really had a good understanding of centrifugal force. All I knew was that compact types spun faster. And, when I talk to other people about beyblade they tend to think that spinning faster and spinning for longer is the same thing.
[Image: topp.gif]
Torque would be another physics concept to have explained on the wiki
Bey Brad Wrote:

I was thinking userbars, or those sigs that Knux did from some people on Fun City a long time ago?
LazerBlader Wrote:[Image: topp.gif]
Torque would be another physics concept to have explained on the wiki

I believe it will also be rather annoying to explain. The thing about precession is that it's extremely abstract and seems like just a mathematical trick to explain what's going on, although somehow it works out alright. Ah well, I'll try to build up from basics. The main difficulty I have with writing this is that I don't know where to start.
I could write up some of that physics stuff.
Maybe we can have a sub-forum under Beyblade Customization that will allow "customization consultation and discussion"?

Lately I've been seeing a few topics that either ask, or discuss what they should do for their custom.

Topics in this sub-forum can range from discussion on a particular part, concept, beyblade custom concepts (Compact, Zombie, etc).
That's pretty much what the customization forum is already. Speechless
this is rather simple but usually while looking at the last page of a thread
between the New Reply & Topic buttons and the quick reply box below put another one of these ie.:

"Beywiki.com - Beyblade Forums / Beywiki.com Forums / Questions and Comments / Make your suggestions"

I know that there is a forum jump thing but... that box is a chore to me
imho
Can I ask why you want that?
I personally don't see the point, but others seem into the idea.
Well I think we should wait to do a podcast until something major happens because right now we don't have a whole lot of info to go off of.

Like when we have more info on the new blades or around the time of their launch or around the time of BND.
Bey Brad Wrote:That's pretty much what the customization forum is already. Speechless

Chyeah. I just kinda want it to be more organized so that when I check a combo topic, I'll see combos and not "what parts should i use" questions. =/