MTG (Magic the Gathering)

I play red blue now, I NEVER have enough spells. Except that one time when. Had a shock and a Izzet mage which give red spells replicate, so I cast sho 10 times in a row which brought my nivix cyclops to 31/4. Much game was one that day, if I'm not mistaken the final score was me 16 him -14
That's awesome. I'm guessing it's not a counter-burn deck though?
Sorta, but the only real counter/stall card I run is counterflux, but I have a lot of burn cards. The deck tends to rely on me drawing a replicate card or shock and nivix mage.
I just noticed this! I usually run Red/Black and Blue/White. Blue/White runs a lot of flyers for me, which I really love, and Rec/Balck is like a burn deck, which is my dream.
(Aug. 04, 2014  3:01 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote: I just noticed this! I usually run Red/Black and Blue/White. Blue/White runs a lot of flyers for me, which I really love, and Rec/Balck is like a burn deck, which is my dream.

If you are playing red black burn I feel bad for you, the point of red decks is to send out a flurry of retardedly cheap and overpowered spells at your opponent. In fact when I played red black, if I hadn't reduce my opponents life to atleast 12 by turn four, I would forfeit, as my deck wouldn't survive later rounds. Nonetheless I won though usually gaming people in six turns.
I can usually win it even through 8+ turns cause I would get so much land early on.
Hmm, it seems you haven't met the meta yet. Let me tell you, when you play ornithopter acceleration, you will know when to quit
My friend plays a black/red minotaur and usually beats me if i'm playing a control deck
(Aug. 07, 2014  4:34 AM)H3LLO Wrote: My friend plays a black/red minotaur and usually beats me if i'm playing a control deck

I don't think you understand, ornithopter accelaration has the potential to put a 4/4 with resistance to every color on turn 2. This is " the meta" in my opinion, or token smack down, which by turn five will have 12 spirit tokens with flying and first strike at 3/3. When I say the meta, this is the carp I refer to. These decks all utilize at least one power nine card as well.
That's mad fast. Have you played against one of those decks?
It wasn't fun at all, but you have to understand that no mere human could build these deck as without having 100 dollars to spend on black lotus 30 for each artificers frog and 50 for every token force. The deck builder is one of my friends and he worked at the game shop, and got discounts on all the purchases he made, the deck cost him 600 for ornithopter, and 200 for token. If you want you can google most broken magic decks ever, and you will find some really fast decks.
I just finally got to actually play this game after owning the cards for a few months after finding a friend who actually knew how to play slightly. I'm happy to say I beat him three times in a row, haha. I love the combination of black/white, white/green, and white/blue.
White decks are much more broken than people think, especially green white Ajani 2014 build, which features 3 congrgates Ajani that has an ultimate that gives 100 life and four healer of the prides to gain life from the cat tokens ajanis plus 1 generates. The deck isn't fast, it is just straight trolly.
My dad was using congregates against me the other day. It pretty much felt like an elite four member using a full restore when their pokemon's health bar got to red.
So if i had an ajani pridemate on the field and i tapped two soulmenders for health, would my pridemate get +2/+2 or just +1/+1? And the same goes for stuff like congregate or resolute angel, would pridemate just get +1/+1 or however much life you just gained?
You would get two one one counters.
The wording is quite strange
It doesn't say gain a one one counter for life gained
It says gain a one one counter whenever you gain life.
This means you could gain five hundred life at once, but if the effect is part of the same action, pride ate will only trigger once, since you don tap things at the same time, with the exception of lands, pride mate would see both soulmenders and gain two one one counters.
Yeah, they should word it a little better
I bought Dragonlord Ojutai, then lost him to the laundry only to realize he'd become the most expensive card in standard. Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy
(Apr. 29, 2015  4:23 AM)Ocean Wrote: I bought Dragonlord Ojutai, then lost him to the laundry only to realize he'd become the most expensive card in standard. Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

Oh wow, how did a valuable card end up in the laundry?

I don't play MTG but I like the art and was thinking of collecting basic land. I have like 4-5 cards lol. Might just buy a cheap bundle on ebay or something.
(Apr. 29, 2015  10:33 AM)BladeStorm Wrote:
(Apr. 29, 2015  4:23 AM)Ocean Wrote: I bought Dragonlord Ojutai, then lost him to the laundry only to realize he'd become the most expensive card in standard. Unhappy Unhappy Unhappy

Oh wow, how did a valuable card end up in the laundry?

I don't play MTG but I like the art and was thinking of collecting basic land. I have like 4-5 cards lol. Might just buy a cheap bundle on ebay or something.

It was in my pocket. I bought him again, just before he went up to 32 $ Smile