MSF-H Gryph Gryph 85GF

MSF-H Gryph Gryph 85 GF

The Concept (Click to View)

Part Choice (Click to View)

The Launch (Click to View)

Feedback is appreciated, and other member's testing for this would be even better! Smile
Just so you know, BD145RS is a horrible, horrible track+bottom set and shouldn't be used. RS works better with lower, non-gimmicked tracks (85-100) or tracks that don't have issues with scraping (GB145 was a good one back in the day, or something like TH170 perhaps). Bottoms like RDF, RB or CS suit BD145 more.

My question is how you aren't getting thrown out of the ring if you're putting a high rotational velocity combo like Gryph Gryph on a GF. Bahamdia Dragooon had SP230 to assist it, and this thing isn't a spin stealer either. GF has almost no resistance to knockback from an attack if it's not being hard banked, and even then you have to rely on the beyblade to move quickly away from an exit before it reaches that point.
OK, I'll redo tests on RDF with BD145 later today.

Are you specifically talking about this against Attack?
OK, not in any way trying to come across as hostile in any way shape or form, but I really can't picture this KOing Duo on 230 when it's only on 85 :\

I also don't think GF is nearly as good as everyone says for tornado stalling. In my expirience, it barely has more stamina than RDF, and it's virtually impossible to control unless you practice with it for hours upon hours. I agree with Ga'Hooleone, I would think it might self KO more.

But, I could be wrong! Smile so we'll see. I'll have some test up in a few!

P.S. (I wouldn't categorize Duo 230MB under fore smash. It's closer to balance. Wink)
Hmm....

Well, it seems decent, but it seems to only do only average against all types.

I can probably do Wyvang Dragooon SA165 R2F once I get my LRF.

EDIT: Duo 230 MB is stamina/balance.
(Jul. 31, 2013  2:35 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: OK, not in any way trying to come across as hostile in any way shape or form, but I really can't picture this KOing Duo on 230 when it's only on 85 :\

P.S. (I wouldn't categorize Duo 230MB under fore smash. It's closer to balance. Wink)
Well if you want I can redo the tests, but remember, GF is pretty tall itself.

Thanks.
Could you test against Scythe Uranus 85RS, Phantom Hades/Cygnus 85MF, Diablo Kerbecs/Striker/ Striker II BD145RF, and Basalt Horogium TR145RF? The reason for Phantom is tornado stalker VS. Tornado stalker, the idea of Diablo and Basalt is to see how it performs against anti attack, and the reason for Scythe is there both low track heights.
(Jul. 31, 2013  2:40 PM)*Ginga* Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2013  2:35 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: OK, not in any way trying to come across as hostile in any way shape or form, but I really can't picture this KOing Duo on 230 when it's only on 85 :\

Well if you want I can redo the tests, but remember, GF is pretty tall itself.

Thanks.

Uuuhhh... GF is no taller than XF :\ It's just wider.

Anyway, here are the tests.

MSF-H Gryph Gryph 85GF vs. MF-H Duo Aquario 230MB
Aquario launched first on all launches.
Gryph: wins, 0/10
Aquario: wins, 10/10 (All OS)
MSF-H Gryph Gryph 85GF win rate: 0%

Now, I'm actually not bad at all with launching GF. I was almost able to get it to KO once, but Aquario took a wall save. Gryph got flattened. Unhappy

MSF-H Gryph Gryph 85GF vs. Reviser Reviser BD145CS
Gryph launched first on all launches. Calm CS.
Gryph: wins, 0/10
Reviser: wins, 10/10 (All OS)
MSF-H Gryph Gryph 85GF win rate: 0%

I had to launch GF first so it landed exactly in the middle, or it wouldn't stall. This is why I don't like GF for tornado stallers (unless they use Dragooon). It was nearly impossible to get it to make a clean stall without launching it first. When I launched it second it just spun out and slammed back and forth into the wall untill is stopped spinning. Sorry dude Unhappy

I also don't think GF is nearly as good as everyone says for tornado stalling. In my expirience, it barely has more stamina than RDF, and it's virtually impossible to control unless you practice with it for hours upon hours. I agree with Ga'Hooleone, I would think it might self KO more.

But, I could be wrong! Smile so we'll see. I'll have some test up in a few!

P.S. (I wouldn't categoridze Duo 230MB under fore smash. It's closer to balance. Wink)
You could KO 230 with 85 combos if you have enough momentum, speed, Weight, and Smash attack.
(Jul. 31, 2013  2:25 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Just so you know, BD145RS is a horrible, horrible track+bottom set and shouldn't be used. RS works better with lower, non-gimmicked tracks (85-100) or tracks that don't have issues with scraping (GB145 was a good one back in the day, or something like TH170 perhaps). Bottoms like RDF, RB or CS suit BD145 more.

My question is how you aren't getting thrown out of the ring if you're putting a high rotational velocity combo like Gryph Gryph on a GF. Bahamdia Dragooon had SP230 to assist it, and this thing isn't a spin stealer either. GF has almost no resistance to knockback from an attack if it's not being hard banked, and even then you have to rely on the beyblade to move quickly away from an exit before it reaches that point.

BD145RS is a horrible track+bottom combination? How? And if you are mistaken, then don't you mean BD145XF.
(Jul. 31, 2013  2:56 PM)theblackdragon Wrote: I had to launch GF first so it landed exactly in the middle, or it wouldn't stall. This is why I don't like GF for tornado stallers (unless they use Dragooon). It was nearly impossible to get it to make a clean stall without launching it first. When I launched it second it just spun out and slammed back and forth into the wall untill is stopped spinning. Sorry dude Unhappy

Really? It is actually pretty easy for me ...

I guess I kinda flunked this thread haha.
Naw, it's fine! It happens... just take a look at this! Smile Plus, the OP was put together really nice XD

I could actually see this working in something like W145XF though... I think the concept was right on the money, but GF and 85 were slowing it down. :\ You should try this with a different setup... maybe even something with GCF/CF. Gryph is definitely the way to go with this, IMO

Tons of smash + High spin velocity is absolutely perfect for an attack-stamina hybrid Smile Plus, just throw in a higher track and those Duo combos are toast. Wink Just my humble opinion. Good luck!
Thanks! I think I might explore some other options ...
(Jul. 31, 2013  3:06 PM)Striker Phantom Wrote:
(Jul. 31, 2013  2:25 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Just so you know, BD145RS is a horrible, horrible track+bottom set and shouldn't be used. RS works better with lower, non-gimmicked tracks (85-100) or tracks that don't have issues with scraping (GB145 was a good one back in the day, or something like TH170 perhaps). Bottoms like RDF, RB or CS suit BD145 more.

BD145RS is a horrible track+bottom combination? How? And if you are mistaken, then don't you mean BD145XF.

Both are terribad. RS has very iffy balance when being attacked. Considering that synchroms are using this combination now, which have questionable balance to begin with, it leads to a lot of early scraping at critical moments.

The community has been saying BD145RS was bad since Basalt was released. RS needs some breathing room when it's being attacked to recover its balance, something that BD145 does not offer. That's why tips with better stability, like CS or RB, are preferable on BD145, while tracks that have less of an issue with touching the ground themselves, like the ones I mentioned, are more suitable to RS.

EDIT: ginga, it depends on the combo. I don't own two Gryphs, but GF would have problems against attack in that situation, yes. Since GF barely holds onto the Tornado Ridge in optimal conditions, hitting another beyblade hard enough would often send it out of control and usually out of the stadium. GF simply does not have the stopping power of a rubber attack bottom to minimize recoil after a heavy hit.
Oh, I thought nobody had done this but someone actually had!
I posted this in the testing requests thread and indie actually made a thread for a similar combo MSF-F Dragooooooon Dragoooooon 85GF!!