MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F

(Nov. 05, 2013  4:22 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Woah woah... you don't just close something like this. :\

Plus, we really don't have confirmation that the Begirados variation is actually an improvement on Ifraid.

But from the tests and the videos, we all should know the Begirados customization is able to KO SP230 defense more effectively, unlike the original.
It doesn't matter. If every thread that was outclassed by another was closed, then Gryph Begirados would have been closed.
(Nov. 05, 2013  3:05 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: It doesn't matter. If every thread that was outclassed by another was closed, then Gryph Begirados would have been closed.

Oh... I get it.

Only combos that are truly horrible should have their threads closed, but not decent alternatives.
Actually, I believe only threads with inaccurate test results, no test results, or no test results against top-tier combinations are closed.

This combo is amazing, and Ingulit has formatted the testing very well and provided a very clear explanation and concept. There's really no reason to close this, and it would be a shame if someone did. Plus, we don't know if it's actually better or not. We need multiple people to confirm testing against more than 1 defense type before we decide something is better than this.
Try a dragoon combo with it then
So I used this custom at the tournament I went to this past weekend, and I got amazing results. The weight of this custom is really notable, as it made this custom a safe pick against opposing attack/balance types, and still did well against BD145-based defence. I did not get a chance to use this against E230, but I do feel pretty comfortable using this against the rest of the meta.

Tri's/Meow!'s custom might sound similar, but it is really quite different:
  • It is much lighter as it is missing a MSF(-H), which is honestly kind of the whole reason one would use THIS custom over Wyvang.
  • It uses Begirados instead of Ifraid, which very well could be an improvement over this Beyblade. I'm interested in trying Begirados out on this custom, but I'm concerned about how much it covers Bahamdia's contact points compared to Ifraid. I'm hoping it doesn't block them very much, as Begirados's results against E230 were fantastic!
  • The SA165 is in Attack Mode instead of Normal Mode, which is totally different from this custom. The basis for using Normal Mode on THIS custom is because you don't need it to be in Attack Mode to expose the contact points since Bahamdia fully extends over SA165's disk. It's like using S130 on Flash: you get a lot of extra weight without getting in the way. When making THIS custom, I found using Attack Mode also caused two notable and rather undesirable differences:
    1. The Beyblade was much harder to control, as you could not bank it nearly as hard since Attack Mode would cause SA165's disk to scrape.
    2. The Beyblade had much worse defense from below, such that a low blow against Attack Mode SA165 would cause it to be knocked back exponentially further than if SA165 is in Normal Mode. This is an extremely niche problem, but I actually noticed it first hand at the tournament I went to against a low attacker FWIW.

The two customs are very different, and I don't think one is necessarily strictly better than the other.
Oh my gosh, when I tested this, I did SA165 in its attack mode. Sorry about that Ingulit :\.

I'll have to test the other in its normal mode as well to see if I can get better results possibly. I will redo my tests for this combo to. Again, sorry.
(Nov. 06, 2013  12:16 AM)Tri Wrote: Oh my gosh, when I tested this, I did SA165 in its attack mode. Sorry about that Ingulit :\.

I'll have to test the other in its normal mode as well to see if I can get better results possibly. I will redo my tests for this combo to. Again, sorry.

It's cool, lol! That custom could very well be very good, and it is making me want to try Begirados on this Beyblade to see if the E230 results can be improved.
Woah... I did not notice that SA165 was being used in Attack mode. That changes everything...

Is this really that heavy of a combo? I mean, even if you use MSF on it, Bahamdia is the lightest Chrome Wheel out there, and Ifraid is below average.

MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F weighs 74.74 grams in total
MSF-H Balro Balro CH120R2F weighs 72 grams in total
Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F weighs 71.03 grams in total
MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F weighs 72.33 grams in total
MSF-H Balro Balro TR145MF weighs 72.68 grams in total

I mean, looking at that it's pretty much your average competitive Synchrome attacker when it comes to weight. It's not like it's a couple grams heavier than most things. Sure, it might do really well against other Attack types, but it really isn't that heavy by comparison if you look at the numbers. :\
(Nov. 06, 2013  12:51 AM)theblackdragon Wrote: Woah... I did not notice that SA165 was being used in Attack mode. That changes everything...

Is this really that heavy of a combo? I mean, even if you use MSF on it, Bahamdia is the lightest Chrome Wheel out there, and Ifraid is below average.

MSF-H Wyvang Wyvang GB145R2F weighs 74.74 grams in total
MSF-H Balro Balro CH120R2F weighs 72 grams in total
Wyvang Dragooon SA165R2F weighs 71.03 grams in total
MSF-H Bahamdia Ifraid SA165R2F weighs 72.33 grams in total
MSF-H Balro Balro TR145MF weighs 72.68 grams in total

I mean, looking at that it's pretty much your average competitive Synchrome attacker when it comes to weight. It's not like it's a couple grams heavier than most things. Sure, it might do really well against other Attack types, but it really isn't that heavy by comparison if you look at the numbers. :\

Holy carp you're right; I neglected just how much heavier Wyvang and the like are compared to Bahamdia/Ifraid :o

Welp that certainly rains on the parade lol
Well, I didn't wanna rain on the parade or anything... XD Just thought people might've missed the weights of some of the other Attack types out there (I certainly did, LOL).
Prior conversation aside, I also used this combo in the NYC tournament over the weekend by borrowing AZL's SA165. I must say, it is one hell of a combo! It's KOs were incredibly clean, and I was able to flip synchroms over the stadium wall when I launched correctly.

Better yet, I used RF instead of R2F in case nerves/rustiness got in the way of my sliding shoot to have better control. It performed excellently! Probably my new favorite attack combo, especially since of how fun it is to use. Wyvang looks kinda bulky and rounded for my tastes, despite championing MF-H Basalt R145RF lmao
Would Gargole also work instead of Ifraid because Gargole balances it out a bit, makes it thicker and reinforces the gaps, too?
It could work but Gargoyle is lighter then Ifrit. In SYnchrome the weight is something important so...