MFB Upper Attack - A Theory

(Jun. 03, 2011  4:22 PM)th!nk Wrote: Again, too much recoil/short impact time, BBP doesn't get under stuff properly, the weight distribution is better for smash, and the slopes are quite steep. They're all still using upwards smash... Are people not reading my explanations about the differences or something?

to add on that, BBP scrapes when at a low height, so it is hard to keep that spin velocity up

and not all of them use upper smash, stop saying that as it is incorrect (and i dislike incorrect)
Well, the only thing, that could actually produce the best of Upper attack in MFB would be a bey, which would have a metal wheel having a shape similar to Basalt's Spiral Staircase... <<off topic I think...
@th!nk- Well, thanks for the explanation about LLD. Also, I wish for a Defensive Left Spin bey, just so that I could actually test this by legal methods...
(Jun. 03, 2011  4:27 PM)lord Wolfblade Wrote:
(Jun. 03, 2011  4:22 PM)th!nk Wrote: Again, too much recoil/short impact time, BBP doesn't get under stuff properly, the weight distribution is better for smash, and the slopes are quite steep. They're all still using upwards smash... Are people not reading my explanations about the differences or something?

to add on that, BBP scrapes when at a low height, so it is hard to keep that spin velocity up

and not all of them use upper smash, stop saying that as it is incorrect (and i dislike incorrect)

Eh, the "all" was an accident, but TBH, they're all probably still using it to some extent, given midnight is a bit light to keep up it's RPM, it's likely smash is involved.
(Jun. 03, 2011  4:30 PM)th!nk Wrote: given midnight is a bit light to keep up it's RPM, it's likely smash is involved.

not really, if you saw it from the angle i saw it, you would see that whenever midnight lifted earth, the slopes where under earth

also, i put a MF on midnight, to add weight (and IIRC more weight focused in the center= more spin velocity)
Yeah. Quite possible you're right in that. I've removed the all now, anyway. That's one of those close ones when you want a high speed camera, but yeah.

But as I said, the slopes on big bang are quite a bit steeper than the ideal, and definitely smash better.

Did I mention that Bull wouldn't outclass midnight for "upper attack"? Because it's got a second protrusion that gets in the way of the full slope, where midnight has the CW instead.
Okay...I dont seem to have completely understood the concept of upper smash and upper attack very well even after reading th!nk's guide and even the beywiki article but yesterday when I tested Big Bang against Basalt Horogium...I found Horogium to be losing consistently to Big Bang Aquario 85 FS..only in certain case was it able to make Big Bang scrape the floor and also the bey launched first would generally lose but when I used 100 track intead of 85 on Big Bang in Omnidirectional and Upper attack modes it won easier than in Barrage and Smash mode..so what is the reason for this..can anyone explain please..because BBAquario always outspun Basalt Horogium 145 WD unless when it was with 85 track where in some cases Basalt would make it scrape but when used with 100 track, Basalt wasn't able to make it scrape...but in all of the battles...I never saw Basalt getting lifted...so what does this prve for Big Bang Aquario or was it just a luck-by-chance win of Big Bang Aquario?
Hey! First of all, your post is quite confusing! Stupid You say Basalt Horogium lost to Basalt Aquario, and then say that Big Bang was unable to lift Basalt.... Still, its alright! Tongue_out First up, the reason why it performed better in Omni and Upper was because its best mode is omnidirectional... Um, other than that, its like, too tough to be able to 'lift' a heavyweight like Basalt. So, there was no Upper.... The reason for Big Bang floor scraping, is too direct. If you use such a low track, of course, its really gonna floor scrape! So, when you used a higher track, it didn't floor scrape much. I think, with the 100 track, BBAquario managed to make contact with the MW Basalt. When used with 85, it might've got under Basalt at times. amirite? Hey! Wait a minute! Is it Force Smash in this case!? Force Smash is a type of attack, that is really rare! At least for me!

@th!nk- I know I might go WAY off topic if I ask this here, but because Samkul has brought this up, I'd like to know this from you. The explanation I gave above, especially the last sentence, is actually my question. In the tests by Samkul, it shows that Basalt fulfills 3 out of the 4 requirements for Force Smash.
Beywiki article for Force Smash- http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Force_Smash

As the article says, Force Smash requires-
1.Beys to spin in same direction. (Samkul's test fulfills this)
2.The bey performing Force Smash must be heavier.(Basalt is heavy, you know)
3.The bey performing force Smash must be taller. (Samkul's test fulfills this)
4. The slopes. (The only condition that's not fulfilled)

Still, I do have a doubt about the weight thingy being fulfilled, as if we compare Big Bang Aquario, to Basalt Horogium, BBAquario might be heavier, isn't it?

So, I'd like to know, was this Force Smash, that forced BBAquario to scrape the floor? Yes, I know BBP scrapes, but he said that Basalt forced BBAquario to scrape....

EDIT: The image in the article shows Quetzalcoatl.
yeah..sorry that was a typo..it is Big Bang..and actually Aquario scraped the floor very rarely...and it was only because of Basalt crashing onto that core part(because BigBang as a MW stayed at some distance from Basalt when it's spin became lower)...so it wont actually be called a force smash because as far as I am concerned..it was jsut a result of Basalt's weight falling on the edge of the MW .. it never 'forced' Aquario to scrape..and as th!nk said..Big Bang's slopes are too steep to lift any bey...I even tested with Galaxy and Storm Pegasis today using the same tracks and bottom..but BBAquario outspun Basalt many times whereas Storm and Galaxy wud get outspun by Basalt instead..and the reason I posted the results of the BBAquario test was to know that how did BBAquario actually outspin Basalt if it doesnt have enough stamina when tested solo..this is the wrong thread I know..but I want to know that how is it possible for such a bey to outspin Basalt then?
Well, its not that FS doesn't have much Stamina... It sure does have decent Stamina, but one can't consider it... Well, it would have been kinda better if you posted this in Ask Q Get A, as its not quite related to Upper Attack.
Um, still, I'll answer it...
Your point is something to think about for sure. But, the reason, might be that Basalt is nothing but a wobbler, when its left uncustomized... Still, this reason, is actually not satisfactory. It might be your launch, as I read somewhere you aren't good at launching Defense/Stamina beys....
Actually I am bad at launching attack beys...not defense and stamina ones...because after Horogium arrived..I am consistently experimenting with defense and stamina customs of Basalt than with the aatck customs of the 3 pegasis..and I think that BBAquario's win might be somehow related to the upper attack(or maybe not) but it is better if I get an explanation from th!nk here with a warning than to get confused with a variety of answers on the Ask and Answer thread...because I got 100% winning rate in my 10-15 matches with upper mode on BBAquario 100 FS which is tough for me to explain.