MFB Solo Spin Time Thread

I once rigged a beyblade to use a ballpoint pen's tip instead of the regular one, very unstable but the friction was so low it spun for *ages*. For anyone that wants to jump on me, it was just for fun, and I only used it against my friends that knew what I'd done to it and wanted to help me test it.
I once got like 4 minutes 20 seconds with a DEMS and it was about 3 days old.
Quote:I'm not familiar with that stadium, but Vortex is the biggest stadium Hasbro produced. It's about as flat as you'll ever see in a Beystadium. What do you mean that its not going around in a circle? The Beyblades have the capability to move a fair bit without hitting any walls.

What does movement have to do with solo spin time though? I believe what Flashfox said, the less movement the better. By SG Metal Flat 2 do you mean GDV? Or Driger V? Either way, I don't own any of them, so I can't test.
I take it they're just the same stadium but recolored then. Not as much in circular movement I meant. I'm not talking about the walls getting the way either. I'm just talking about a slope of a stadium vs the flatness of a stadium and how it gives a smoother path for it to move. However, I suppose the tip would matter since a sharp tip spins differently compared to a flat tip. Whenever I get the time, I'll find a way to fully explain it better.
The longest spinning blade I ever managed to make was this:
.War Monkey AR (Galman)
.Magnetic WD (Dragoon V2)
.SG Sharp BB (Galman)
I think that one spun for around 2 to 4 minutes (on a flat surface).

Now if only I had more parts. .

A few things I know so far:
.The more momentum any object has, the harder it is to stop. So go for something heavy.
.A wide blade spins longer than a narrow one.
.Height factors into this as well. If you take a tall blade and a short blade of the same width, the short one will spin longer.
.A flat tip (used in the dish) gives the blade the least friction, thus slowing the blade down at a slower pace. Go with a sharp tip.
.The less air-friction the Attack Ring gives, the better. Go for something round that doesn't have the attack-points (That's what I call them. Attack-points, spikes, whatever) pointing downwards. Downforce helps in a battle, but simply increases drag outside of one (thus slowing your blade down)

Hopefully this helps.
2 to 4 minutes ... that is a pretty big gap Speechless
GRB1 Wrote:A few things I know so far:
.The more momentum any object has, the harder it is to stop. So go for something heavy.
.A wide blade spins longer than a narrow one.
.Height factors into this as well. If you take a tall blade and a short blade of the same width, the short one will spin longer.
.A flat tip (used in the dish) gives the blade the least friction, thus slowing the blade down at a slower pace.
The more inertia any object has, the harder it is to start. That's very important to take note of too.

Wide blades have greater moment of inertia, but this just means it's harder to start or slow down.

...a flat tip? Why?
Yeah, I hope he meant sharp tip or he basically has misunderstood the most fundamental concept of Beyblade.

And everyone knows compact Beyblades spin longer, not wide ones ...
I've gotten about 3:36 with black Dranzer. The Sharp tip I'm pretty sure.
Quote:The more momentum inertia any object has, the harder it is to start. That's very important to take note of too.
Yeah. But I don't think that's too much of a problem. I don't think a Beyblade can have that much inertia.

Quote:...a flat tip? Why?
My (faulted) reasoning behind this was that using a flat-tip in the dish (a concave surface) means that less of the tip makes contact with the surface, meaning less friction.

I forgot that the rapid movement negates that, and the fact that the sharp tip also has little contact with the surface.

Quote:And everyone knows compact Beyblades spin longer, not wide ones ...
Yeah. I'll scratch what I typed up last time.

Clearer Correct version of what I was trying to say "replace that tall base/running core with a reasonably shorter one". The blade doesn't actually get wider, but the width-height ratio is favoured more towards the width.

(I really should stop rushing through some of my posts)
So basically you meant the exact opposite of what you posted ...
GRB1 Wrote:
Quote:The more momentum inertia any object has, the harder it is to start. That's very important to take note of too.
Yeah. But I don't think that's too much of a problem. I don't think a Beyblade can have that much inertia.
Ah, thanks for fixing the typo. I'll go back and edit my first post too.

GRB1 Wrote:
Quote:...a flat tip? Why?
My (faulted) reasoning behind this was that using a flat-tip in the dish (a concave surface) means that less of the tip makes contact with the surface, meaning less friction.
In a sense that's true, but you must consider that because it's further from the center, it'll have a greater torque.
This may be a little weird but I breached 2 minutes with a torch Pegasus.
WOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! Torch Pegasus actully did somthing well

Eh....Driger ms can spin for like 1:40-2:20 cant it?
i got almost 4 minutes spining on the carpet i added the the circle upper on wolborg ms core
drager metal slicer Wrote:i got almost 4 minutes spining on the carpet i added the the circle upper on wolborg ms core

Serious
On the very last day of AN, after Blue and I left Brad and Annie's room, we ran into some Con Staff in the lobby of the Doubletree. Got to talking with them for a while, and this one guy joined in who claimed that a friend of his made a die-cast, fully lead beyblade that weighed 10 pounds and would spin for a full 30 minutes when launched from an EZ-Shooter with a "super long" winder.

I called Shenanigans on that one...
I used one Master Draciel with Metal Draciels Base and the spinning time was 1 minute 40 seconds or so. But the best (cheated) time of mine was with Gallzly with the subring removed and one second weight disk put in. I think it were two 8balanced. He got like 2:20 easily.
I got 3:23 with RC Driger G bladebase and Dranzer V2s attack ring, lol
i got 2:15 with 10bBistool, thats the best I've done.(minus hms)
NOT FOR COMPETITION. JUST FOR FUN

Now first off i know that solo spin times mean nothing. And the combos that should be posted here should not be used in competition.
But i thought it would be fun if we all started thinking up combos that are for a long solo spin time.

Heres what i came up with

AR: Advanced Eterner
WD: Circle Wide
RC: Dranzer MS (Sharp)

Best spin time i got was 2:22.7 (in two tries(will test more))

Post your own combos for solo spin time and post the results.
http://www.online-stopwatch.com/
You can use that website as a stop watch.
These were first time tries.

2:42
AR: Turtle Crusher
RC: Metal Change Core
-------------------
3:51
AR: Circle Upper
WD: CWD Defense
-------------------
2:21
RC: Bearing Core

I've never gotten good solo times with Bearing Core. Surprises me since it kills everything by outspin.
3:51? that's to much.
I just tried it again with an attempt at a harder launch.

4:02

Funny thing is though, my first combo kills this one consistently by outspin.

Edit:

This combo just crushed the previous ones:

4:55
AR: Advance Eterner

So close to 5 mins.

Edit:

I'm using tornado balance in all my tests.