MFB: Limited :: Zero-G Stadium Discussion

Well, low Tracks in the wobbly stadiums never worked too well before, sooo... Tongue_out

@[Leone19] I hope you guys that know RF-based Attackers can still be quite effective in Zero-G Stadiums. Something like MF-H Screw Pisces 160RF would do pretty well against a Stamina type with as much recoil and as little grip as Burn on TB.
(Dec. 28, 2014  6:22 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Well, low Tracks in the wobbly stadiums never worked too well before, sooo... Tongue_out

@[Leone19] I hope you guys that know RF-based Attackers can still quite effective in Zero-G Stadiums. Something like MF-H Screw Pisces 160RF would do pretty well against a Stamina type with as much recoil and as little grip as Burn on TB.
Yes, but using 230 is just as bad because of the imbalance.
I personally stick to 145 and 165 in Zero-G.

On another note, I'll see if I can do some testing in a few days once I get back home. Looks like not a whole lot will need to change besides the addition of Sway and Sway defense. Also concerned about F230, but we'll see.
(Dec. 28, 2014  6:22 PM)Aɴɢʀʏ Fᴀᴄᴇ Wrote: Well, low Tracks in the wobbly stadiums never worked too well before, sooo... Tongue_out

@[Leone19] I hope you guys that know RF-based Attackers can still be quite effective in Zero-G Stadiums. Something like MF-H Screw Pisces 160RF would do pretty well against a Stamina type with as much recoil and as little grip as Burn on TB.

Yeah, I know that, haha. I wanted to try out some bottoms meant for Sway in regular Zero-G such as CF and GF, to see of anything is comparable.

It actually did fairly well.

(Dec. 28, 2014  7:55 PM)The Supreme One Wrote:

@[Leone19] I hope you guys that know RF-based Attackers can still quite effective in Zero-G Stadiums. Something like MF-H Screw Pisces 160RF would do pretty well against a Stamina type with as much recoil and as little grip as Burn on TB.
Yes, but using 230 is just as bad because of the imbalance.
I personally stick to 145 and 165 in Zero-G.

On another note, I'll see if I can do some testing in a few days once I get back home. Looks like not a whole lot will need to change besides the addition of Sway and Sway defense. Also concerned about F230, but we'll see.

230 isn't "bad", though. I mean, lower than 145 especially on Sway aren't the best ideas either.

We didn't really use Left - spin F230, so can't comment.
Well, I did a few tests for Limited in Zero-G. As I've mentioned before, my main concerns were how Zero-G attack and defense would work and whether or not F230 CF/GCF would be as overpowered as it is in regular Zero-G.
Included is a video of some of the tests.

Tests
Conclusions: Looks like F230 will present as much of a problem in Limited Zero-G as it has in the regular Zero-G format. It's been nearly a year since the issue was brought up and I think this matter will need to be officially addressed before Limited in Zero-G can be considered. As for sway, I'm happy with the results I got. It appears that a good rubber-based defense combo is roughly on-par with Zero-G attack in Limited, which is refreshing to see, considering how badly Zero-G defense overpowers Zero-G attack in its legalized format. Will update with tests assessing the value of smash attack when I have the time.
(Jan. 02, 2015  7:32 PM)The Supreme One Wrote: Well, I did a few tests for Limited in Zero-G. As I've mentioned before, my main concerns were how Zero-G attack and defense would work and whether or not F230 CF/GCF would be as overpowered as it is in regular Zero-G.
Included is a video of some of the tests.

Tests
Conclusions: Looks like F230 will present as much of a problem in Limited Zero-G as it has in the regular Zero-G format. It's been nearly a year since the issue was brought up and I think this matter will need to be officially addressed before Limited in Zero-G can be considered. As for sway, I'm happy with the results I got. It appears that a good rubber-based defense combo is roughly on-par with Zero-G attack in Limited, which is refreshing to see, considering how badly Zero-G defense overpowers Zero-G attack in its legalized format. Will update with tests assessing the value of smash attack when I have the time.

I played with Metro F230 a while back- Meteo Absorb (don't think it matters, though) TH170 TB did pretty well against it, usually defeating it.

I'll have videos of the tournament soon, sites been down so I haven't been able to post, haha.
what's a Sway Attack? How does it work? And what is Metro F230?
(Mar. 24, 2017  7:17 PM)DracoYggdrasil1 Wrote: what's a Sway Attack? How does it work? And what is Metro F230?

It is an incorrect term refering to "Zero-G Attack". It is a style of attack that uses the swaying gimmick of the Zero-G Stadiums to its advantage, by deepening how high and how low the stadium sways and by also rotating the stadium so that the exit ends up moving right below the opponent, knocking them out of the arena. You usually need a flat Bottom with a wide ring around it, typically on the Bottom itself or thanks to the Track's ring. 

It would be Meteo F230, not Metro. It is just the combination of Meteo L-Drago (Meteo and L-Drago are inseparable, so if you saw "Meteo" alone that is also the wrong way to call it) and the Track called F230.