MFB Episode 3: The Wolf's Ambition! April 19, 2009 JPN / May 15, 2010 Canada

Doji has some nice dialogue.

I'd like to say that edit was a time cut, but that just sounds odd. (With the nut cut, I believe they freeze framed a reaction shot a bit longer than it originally was)
Did Gingka have dialogue during the fire scene in the dub? Like it showing Ginga holding his bey, and talking instead of showing the fire while he's talking.
(May. 15, 2010  6:16 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: Did Gingka have dialogue during the fire scene in the dub? Like it showing Ginga holding his bey, and talking instead of showing the fire while he's talking.
Yes. He spoke enthusiastically, while not moving at all.
so that means my uncut version will be useful after all.
(May. 15, 2010  6:19 PM)DranzerX13 Wrote: so that means my uncut version will be useful after all.
But it will not reflect the dub, that is just what I meant.
What's the fire in context to? That doesn't sound like a time cut, but why edit fire and then loop a scene to replace that cut one? That's borderline stupid when you remember Dranzer.
I'll put up 2 versions. TV version, and fan made uncut version.
(May. 15, 2010  6:20 PM)To Wrote: What's the fire in context to? That doesn't sound like a time cut, but why edit fire and then loop a scene to replace that cut one? That's borderline stupid when you remember Dranzer.

The fire was Ginga getting pumped up over battling (Since Pegais was repaired by Madoka)
He was getting REALLY excited.

While the dub just has Gingka talk about how much he wants to battle, but none of the intensity.
I think Madoka was also shown being furious over the kids destroying her B-Pit in the original version, with fire.
So it was spiritual fire, like the flame of his Beyheart? I can't believe that was something edited unless it was for time (but then why loop the previous scene?). Could Nelvana have gotten some messed up masters from Japan? I honestly don't know how to explain the reasoning behind editing fire like that.

Who's going to wake up early and check the individual airings at 7:50AM?
ToonDude7 is going to cap the individual airings of eps 1-4 as well. I asked him if he was and he said he would.
The edits to Gingka's "BeySpirit Fire" were really odd.

But the battle between Doji and Kyoya was well done, good dialogue (Definitely laid back on the stupid puns)
(May. 15, 2010  6:28 PM)Crimson Wrote: But the battle between Doji and Kyoya was well done, good dialogue (Definitely laid back on the stupid puns)

"You can talk the talk, but can you walk the Beyblade walk?!?!"

outstanding
Yup, best line ever.

Hopefully, we won't see much more of the Face Hunters, anyway.
So for people who didn't see the episode (Or who didn't see the Japanese version), this is how the scene after Ginga gets Pegasis back goes:
[Image: 2054e4z.png]

But if you watched the dub episode, the scene goes like this:
[Image: qq6f7o.png]

However, in the dub, Gingka is extremely enthusiastic but doesn't move an inch. The dub also keeps the little "fire ignition" sound effect when he starts talking. So either it's a mistake, or something really weird is going on.
i like the voice actor for doji i think it suits him