MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB

Attack tests

MF-H Vari Ares H145 R2F vs MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB

MF-H Vari Ares H145 R2F wins 5 (All KOS)
MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB wins 15 (all SO)

Defense tests

MF2-H Duo Kerbecs BD145 RB vs MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB

MF2-H Duo Kerbecs BD145 RB wins (2 wins all SO)
MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB wins (18 wins all SO)

Stamina tests

MF Duo Cancer TH170 D vs Phantom Aquario 230 MB

MF Duo Cancer TH170 D wins (3 wins all SO)
Phantom Aquario 230 MB wins (17 wins all SO)
I like it i tryed it out it was good. What about trying it aganist a Flash combo as well like a MF2-H Flash Lynx GB145 R2F i think it might be more of a challenge try it out and post the results....Smile
MxGIC, it's MF-H, not MF2-H...

Anyway, can you test against MF-H Duo Aquario BD145CS and Duo Aquario TH170D?
He tested it against Duo Cancer TH170D which is just as good, if not better, but the problem with that to me is that he used a MF on a stamina combo...you no do that.
And Zer0, will you actually do tests for the combination this time? Instead of saying you will, then nothing..
okay this time i will i have been getting alot more time to beyblade so yea i will
Ozerec Most players prefer MF's on their stamina combo so it is harder to knock out.
Zer0 What is the idea behind this combo? And this looks ALOT like Uwik's MF-H Duo ____ 230MB. If this combo's concept is making the opponent scrape, you have the combo I just stated with a different Face and Metal Wheel
(Apr. 18, 2012  2:46 AM)Goldchain2 Wrote: Ozerec Most players prefer MF's on their stamina combo so it is harder to knock out.
In a stamina test, MF is not supposed to be used whatsoever actually, it effects the combination to much in a lot of cases.
Then explain how MF-H Duo/Phantom Aquario AD145WD/ B: D are winning tournaments if you're not supposed to use a MF on stamina customs. And I was talking about stamina vs. attack. If it's a stamina battle, of course you don't want a MF (besides MF-F, that is) for it won't spin as long. Sorry if I might've sounded rude in the beginning of my post.
Well that is a Stamina vs. Stamina test, not a Stamina vs. Attack test or a tournament battle, so still no, it's not supposed to be used.
Anyways, back to the real topic. Why did you use H145 instead of R145 and Kerbecs instead of Aquario/Bull/Cancer? Availability?
Again, explanation time. Kerbecs weighs just as much as Bull and has better weight distribution on Basalt and Wing. H145, probably just availability.
(Apr. 18, 2012  4:13 AM)Goldchain2 Wrote: Again, explanation time.
Seems fitting for what I'm about to say...
Cancer, Bull, and Aquario are all better for Duo anyways. They all have better weight distribution than Kerbecs on Duo (especially Cancer and Aquario). And Kerbecs actually isn't good on all Basalt combinations.
Oh wow I wonder where the inspiration for this came from.

Anyway, you don't use 170 height against 230, and you don't use Kerbecs on Duo.
You should explain the logic behind the custom.So far,it looks like you just put phantom on Uwiks combo....And how did you get such poor results with Variares?You should do some benchmark testing. Mfh variaresR145RF vs.Mfh basalt aquario BD145CS.
kaotik i dont have a basalt and the logic is i thought if duo would be good on 230 mb wouldnt phantom be good with it
Uwik chose duo for a reason, read his thread and posts more closely, as well as information posted in the duo article thread.

Then, learn how to test correctly.

And after that, is when you should be making threads, not before.

And BTW, if you couldn't KO this combo with Variares more reliably I don't know what to say. I can get better than 5/20, and I'm well known for getting extremely poor results with my variares. I mean, H145 has poor symmetry and is doing nothing for it in this matchup other than further decreasing its stamina but even then...
Just to clarify on the basic idea behind Duo for the 'wobbling' 230 MB. Duo has the ability to grind down the opponent's stamina. It's an ability that is shared by Basalt. Phantom, however, lacks this very important trait.

I don't mind variations and improvements. We're all here to learn and improve anyway, but in honesty, I have doubts that Phantom will perform better than Duo in the same basic set up. You'd be better off using a CS or a D for this case.
okay i will do that next time th!ink

and okay thanks uwik
I decided to do some tests:

MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB (Near MINT) vs. Duo Aquario AD145 WD (Near MINT)

MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB: 5 Wins (2 OS, 3 KO)
Duo Aquario AD145 WD: 15 Wins (14 OS, 1 KO)
Phantom win percentage: 25%

I definitely wouldn't say this was as good as the Duo variation. Duo is much better at grinding. I will do some tests against the Duo variation in a bit.

(Apr. 18, 2012  5:52 PM)BeyHyperKiLLer Wrote: I decided to do some tests:

MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB (Near MINT) vs. Duo Aquario AD145 WD (Near MINT)

MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB: 5 Wins (2 OS, 3 KO)
Duo Aquario AD145 WD: 15 Wins (14 OS, 1 KO)
Phantom win percentage: 75%

I definitely wouldn't say this was as good as the Duo variation. Duo is much better at grinding. I will do some tests against the Duo variation in a bit.
Bolded = Error.

I have just tried this combo and I must say it is quite good. Yes Duo is better at the job but Phantom does it decently.

Oh yeah, thanks for correcting me! I have edited it now.

I must say, the Duo variation of this, scrapes more/easily, and goes off balance quicker. Maybe its just my molds, but...
(Apr. 18, 2012  12:51 PM)Zer0 Wrote: kaotik i dont have a basalt and the logic is i thought if duo would be good on 230 mb wouldnt phantom be good with it

Not like that.I mean a kind of logic like Uwiks Duo variation, were it is able to regian balance from being hit when wobbling, or like many people have explained, the grinding of the other bey.But hey, a combo is a combo.I will try to do some testing today agianst a Flash combo, wich im sure will KO quite easily....
I already knew what the result would be, but just for the LOLz:

MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB (Near MINT) vs. MF-H Flash Escolpio GB145 RF (Prime)

MF Phantom Aquario 230 MB: 3 Wins (2 OS, 1 KO)
MF-H Flash Escolpio GB145 RF: 17 Wins (17 KO)
Phantom win percentage: 15% 2 Draws

Yaaaah... we all knew this was coming...
Phantom's 3 wins were from annoying wall saves. Not much more i can say.
Thats pretty much what i expected to see.I can get 3-0 agianst DUO aquario 230 MB,so im sure phantom would be just as easy,if not easier.So, vs.Attack, its almost useless.....Now to test agianst alot of stamina types.:J