MF-H Wing Kerbecs R145RDF (Retesting)

And he was just telling you why it wasn't a good one.
(May. 20, 2012  8:46 AM)GalaxyHart Wrote: Ma
sorry for dat suggestion (sry for spelling) I thought that R145 had too much recoil to be effictive defensivly.It says so in the beywiki that its recoil renders it somewat useless defensivly
I think he wouldn't overlook that, I think he was trying to be creative. Besides that, I'm sure RDF makes up for it.

can you make an r145 rdf thread i see potential in it
(Jun. 20, 2012  3:20 AM)facade Wrote: can you make an r145 rdf thread i see potential in it

Actually, I really like this idea, but I don't know if that's technically proper (to make a thread about part of a combo rather than a full combo). Another thread that could have been made in the same vein would have been CH120XF, seeing as there were, like, 15 combo threads that used that same track/bottom setup, and having one thread would have consolidated it a lot.

I'd have some interesting part combo threads to make if it were allowed, that's for sure!
(Jun. 20, 2012  6:20 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Jun. 20, 2012  3:20 AM)facade Wrote: can you make an r145 rdf thread i see potential in it

Actually, I really like this idea, but I don't know if that's technically proper (to make a thread about part of a combo rather than a full combo). Another thread that could have been made in the same vein would have been CH120XF, seeing as there were, like, 15 combo threads that used that same track/bottom setup, and having one thread would have consolidated it a lot.

I'd have some interesting part combo threads to make if it were allowed, that's for sure!

i think it's aloud peopole discuss singular parts I don't see the problem with it Tongue_out considering 15 threads narrowed down to 1 would save room anyway and if a combo is good enough it branches out, butwhatever rules are rules could you make a combo thread with this piece
Well, I don't have RDF, but I used RB on this combo and I believe Ingulit:

BB-10
String Launcher + Grip
Wing Launched First

MF-H Wing Kerbecs R145RB VS MF-H Flash Escolpio H145R2F
Wing: 16/20 (15 OS, 1 KO)
Flash: 4/20 (All KO)
Wing %: 80%

MF-H Wing Kerbecs R145RB VS MF Flash Escolpio S130RF
Wing: 14/20 (12 OS, 2 KO)
Flash: 6/20 (1 OS, 5 KO)
Wing %: 70%

I'm starting to like this combo quite a bit actually... And still if nobody believes it, well, Ingulit, you're not alone anymore...
Those results made me put this thing back together, and I'm remembering just how much better it was than anything else I've come up with against Flash. I'm getting better with Flash, and while I am getting KOs, this custom is the only one I've used that can actually resist a KO by holding on for dear life at the edge of the stadium exit (among other survivability traits). I'm going to re-do testing on this custom, as I do think it's one of the best non-4D answers for Flash that doesn't resort to becoming purely "anti-attack."

I'm getting RB in the mail soon and I'll test it with that when I get it. RDF was a key part of this custom, and I know that RS and RSF do very poorly compared to RDF in this custom, but who knows, RB might actually do better.

I'll want other people to test this too seeing as everyone is getting very different results, but I'm going to start looking back into this combo. I'll start by reformatting the OP to be like my other custom threads, which should start to make things a lot more readable/understandable.
i'll help with some tests once i can order a new stadium
Has anyone considered using Wing __ 85 RDF as a defense combo?Cute I didn't record my test results but in my experience it works very well against Flash 120~145 tracks. Flash could barely strike on Wing. (Except for Flash BD145, a rather unpopular combo~)
Its been a while since I had touched Wing x3 and I forgot which number is the Ironclad mode. Can someone tell me? I would like to try this for myself Grin
(Jun. 24, 2012  1:28 PM)J o nâ„¢ Wrote: Its been a while since I had touched Wing x3 and I forgot which number is the Ironclad mode. Can someone tell me? I would like to try this for myself Grin

Ironclad Mode is the arrow set to "0", Mortal Blow Mode is "1", and Pound Mode is "2"...
(Jun. 24, 2012  1:14 PM)elyc9295 Wrote: Has anyone considered using Wing __ 85 RDF as a defense combo?Cute I didn't record my test results but in my experience it works very well against Flash 120~145 tracks. Flash could barely strike on Wing. (Except for Flash BD145, a rather unpopular combo~)

I tried this and was having difficulty with the plastic of RDF scraping; I think Wing is too wide and its weight distribution too strange for this to work effectively. Sniper posted a thread about MF-H Wing 85RS if I recall correctly, so you might look into that.

Along these lines, I might try MF-H Wing 85RB now that I have a RB to test with.
Totally random and probably stupid thought-
Could Wing Kerbecs R145RDF act as an Anti-Attack in Mortal Blow mode?
I have no idea, but lord knows I'm about to try it

EDIT: From my blog:

6/25/12: Mortal Blows

So I'm kinda spent on testing Jade as a force smasher, so I'm moving on to my re-testing of my original anti-Flash custom: MF-H Wing Kerbecs R145RDF. Dude from WBO asked if the custom could act as an anti-attack custom with Wing in Mortal Blow mode, so I'm going to test it out.

I'll be testing against Beat instead of Flash so that I can tell if the custom is actually changing in performance a little easier. If the custom holds up against Beat in its various modes, then I'll move on to Flash.

MF-H Wing Kerbecs R145RDF
vs. MF-H Beat Lynx GB145R2F

Ironclad Attack Mode:
  • I figured I'd start with Wing completely balanced the way it is intended to be used to get a good starting point to compare its other modes to.
  • So yeah, Beat doesn't stand a chance against this. It got one pretty good KO out of, like, 12 matches. This was expected; if Beat has an easier time KOing the other modes, then we know there is a problem.

Mortal Blow Mode:
  • Even before I put this custom together I realized that I will have to test both off-balance modes twice, since the orientation of R145 will put it more or less off-balance than it already was. If I notice a difference between the two modes I'll make a note as to how R145 should be oriented.
  • HAHAHAHAHAHA THIS CUSTOM IS HILARIOUS
    So, the idea of this being anti-attack might hold some weight; just from my first round testing it, it is behaving in an awesome way. It stays perfectly centered when I launch it, but once it's hit it falls onto the plastic ring of RDF and starts flying all over the arena, KOing Beat. I'll have to keep testing this to see if this is the normal behavior, because it was awesome.
  • After testing a bunch of rounds I'm not seeing drastically different behavior other than a slightly higher rate of the custom riding RDF's edge. While this almost always resulted in Wing KOing Beat, it did result in a few self-KOs. It also really takes a toll on Wing's stamina, so much so that Beat OSed it once.
  • So far I'm not seeing a distinct advantage to Mortal Blow mode over Ironclad Attack mode, so I'll move on.

Pound Attack Mode:
  • This was even more extreme when it comes to RDF scraping. The lightest touch from Beat would send Wing zooming around the stadium very unpredictably. While it avoided attacks, it also put itself right near the stadium exit and occasionally self-KOed.

To make sure that nothing was wrong with my combo I tried Ironclad Attack mode again after the other two and it didn't scrape on RDF's edge nearly as often. I am getting afraid that my RDF might be a little worn, but for now I think it's okay.

So, what did we learn? Both Mortal Blow and Pound Attack modes make this custom into quite the counter-attacker, but in terms of consistency Ironclad Attack mode can't be beat (pun intended).
Thanks a lot for that testing! It did better than I thought, seeing as I was expecting it to immediately self-KO from RDF scrapes. I was curious because I expected some Smash Attack, and seeing as it performed well already, it was worth a shot.
Interesting combo.......
But what tip can replace RDF? Would CS do good as well? Since i don't have an RDF.....
I need a quick answer, Thanks
(Jun. 29, 2012  2:59 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote: Interesting combo.......
But what tip can replace RDF? Would CS do good as well? Since i don't have an RDF.....

RDF is the only tip that really works for me with this custom since it lets the custom spin at low velocities without R145 scraping, among other things. Honestly, if you don't have RDF, I would avoid Wing on R145 since it just won't be as stable. You could *try* RS, and technically RS would work, but RDF provides far more to this custom than just its inherently good defense, so much so that I'd consider it an integral part of the custom. You could put your Wing on, say, BD145 (or even better E230 if you have it) for a perfectly adequate defense combo, but it will have trouble with Flash.
(Jun. 29, 2012  3:44 AM)Ingulit Wrote:
(Jun. 29, 2012  2:59 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote: Interesting combo.......

RDF is the only tip that really works for me with this custom since it lets the custom spin at low velocities without R145 scraping, among other things. Honestly, if you don't have RDF, I would avoid Wing on R145 since it just won't be as stable. You could *try* RS, and technically RS would work, but RDF provides far more to this custom than just its inherently good defense, so much so that I'd consider it an integral part of the custom. You could put your Wing on, say, BD145 (or even better E230 if you have it) for a perfectly adequate defense combo, but it will have trouble with Flash.

I currently testing now MF-H Wing Bull BD145CS and it doesn't have much trouble against Flash......

(Jun. 29, 2012  3:49 AM)Sniper Kid Wrote: I currently testing now MF-H Wing Bull BD145CS and it doesn't have much trouble against Flash......
That's great! You might have a particularly heavy Wing or something; do you have any way to weigh it? I still hold that Wing is one of the best Defense wheels available (I'd go so far as to say high tier if it wasn't for Synchrom), but Flash still normally eats it :X
Yeah you can say Wing is probably one of the best Defense wheels currently...
It can indeed be added to the defense top-tier
Hey can you do the wing combo vs MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS?
(Jul. 01, 2012  9:34 PM)TysonIsDaBest Wrote: Hey can you do the wing combo vs MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS?

If you read in the earlier posts, he said that the sole purpose of this thing was to beat Flash...
(Jul. 01, 2012  9:49 PM)DefStamina88 Wrote:
(Jul. 01, 2012  9:34 PM)TysonIsDaBest Wrote: Hey can you do the wing combo vs MF-H Duo Aquario 230CS?

If you read in the earlier posts, he said that the sole purpose of this thing was to beat Flash...

I know, but I would want to see the turnout in this battle.
Could you test this combo again MF Flash(attack mode) pisces 100 LRF< i believe i have beat this combo before but it was while i was messing around i never tested it proberly
Flash doesn't do spectacularly at <100 heights. The lowest height you want to go to is 105.