MF-H Duo (stamina mode) Horogium SP230MF

Somewhere in the testing for the new tier list someone had mentioned they were't sure of SP230's defensive abilities and while testing it out, I came across this interesting little combo that basically stalls to avoid the first few hits and then has enough defense to stay in for most of the rest, so I thought I'd share it.

Procedure:
BB-10
Beylauncher ®
MF-H Flash Sagittario II CH145R2F (somewhat worn R2F, sliding shoot)
MF-H Duo Horogium SP230MF (perfectly flat launch, as close to middle of stadium as possible)

Flash: 7 Wins (7 KO)
Duo: 13 Wins (10 OS, 3 KO)

6 Ties Redone

What do you guys think?
This is a nice combo Smile, but Zeneo basically already made this, but with W145 which has MUCH more stamina than SP230. I think this would most likely lose to top-tier stamina, and anything left-spin would definitely beat it. I think it might get shoved out by most synchrome attackers too.

I don't really see anything this would be reliable against except defense. I could be wrong, though. Tongue_out Could you try against Phantom W145WD?
Why didn't you test with CH145 rather than the extra-low CH120? Also, if you can it helps if we have more than one test to go by.
Sorry, that was my mistake CH120 at 145 height
MF-H Duo (stamina mode) Horogium SP230MF vs. Phantom W145WD
Duo: 7 Wins (All KO)
Phantom: 13 Wins (1 KO, 12 OS)

I'm not really surprised by these results... its purpose is not to beat endurance, call it anti-meta if you want, since its basically anti-attack...

Two things I would love to see someone else try...
Switch MF to GCF (mine is occupied in a combo I am developing at the moment)
and switch Duo Horogium to two Genbulls....
Genbull Genbull SP230 GCF, hmph I like that, unfortunatly I am not in possesion of 2 genbulls, even if I did I still couldnt help with testing because my olauncher grip broke Unhappy
That really stinks, I really liked it too and if I could have made it that's what this thread would have been titled in the first place...
Time, I really liked that you tried the SP230 MF.
I wanted to see how MF would do alongside a defensive track SP230(or maybe even TH170 for the height.)
Both Spin-Tracks should give it better stamina than 230 MF set up.
I wouldn't disrespect you by by my words, but could you try Revizer Dragooon SP230 MF? Please?
I did forget to say that this sounds like a fun idea, and I'll definitely give it a go.

I do need to mention something about SP230: as your tests against Phantom probably showed you, SP230 is not great for stamina. It's rather imbalanced due to having a mix of three-sided and four-sided symmetry, and it's not particularly aerodynamic (I think that's the right word lol) thanks to the support "fins" in the center. I did a bunch of stamina tests on it when it came out and it never did well.

What I'm trying to get at is that while you should totally try the ideas you had (Genbull Genbull, GCF, etc), do know you're fighting an uphill battle trying to make SP230 customs outspin stuff.
I'm not trying to make it outspik stuff though, I'm trying to have it avoid getting Ko'd, due to my lack of genbulls ill try two revizers later, along with Revizer dragooon
If your trying to avoid getting KOd and only that, mine as well use Revizer Revizer E230 RSF though. I can't really see the point of this combo.
Not only to avoid being koed, also to outspin at least some of the top-tier defense stuff, but osing endurance is unrealistic
(Jun. 13, 2013  9:26 PM)Time Wrote: Not only to avoid being koed, also to outspin at least some of the top-tier defense stuff, but osing endurance is unrealistic

So you're trying to not get KOed and outspin defense...?
That's already what Dragooon Defense combinations do lol
Well, this adds a little bit of offense into the mix and has a chance to outspin a couple of the dragooon things
Uummm... MF has some of the worst LAD I've ever seen. I think this would have a really hard time OSing dragooon combos. I also don't think this should be used with Dragooon for the same reason. SP230, like Ingulit said, isn't the greatest for stamina... I've tried 'em out and I really think E230 out-does SP230 in both stamina and defense.
After freeing up my gcf and doing some more testing (stuff that isn't even worth posting done earlier today), basically all this is good for to even any extent is countering flash, tried it against gryph gryph (it got destroyed)