MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF

I would suggest using MF LLD BD145RF with the stalling launch so that it has a better chance of winning If you bank LLD and tornado stall MF-H Basalt Kerbecs TH170WF it's almost suicide for LLD but anyways nice combo But I would stick with XF rather than WF I mean there is better tornado stalling though harder to control.....
Read my OP (the second post). :\ I did that (with LRF, too).

XF is easier to KO, due to it's size it slips over the tornado ridge. Tornado Stalling is great, but the whole point of the combo is having enough momentum and hold on the tornado ridge to survive huge hits with fast moving opponents, while KOing them. XF is fast, sure, but it's far too easy to KO, and far too hard to control.

Another advantage of WF (and even MF) is the controllability, as in, you can get certain actions/movements by using certain launches, which I find XF isn't quite as good at.
WF is easier to use, doesn't slip of ridge and takes collisions better than XF. WF is a much better choice for anti-meta customizations (which right now, I'd sort of classify it as rather than pure defense.) while XF is rougher and tougher.
(Jul. 28, 2011  1:00 AM)Dan Wrote: WF is easier to use, doesn't slip of ridge and takes collisions better than XF. WF is a much better choice for anti-meta customizations (which right now, I'd sort of classify it as rather than pure defense.) while XF is rougher and tougher.
I see your point and about MF???? IT STALLS AND TAKES COLLISIONS WELL LIKE WF I'm just trying to find A sub for WF
Read the bloody OP, dammit. It is the best sub but WF is much better
(Jul. 26, 2011  11:54 AM)Shadow Scythe Wrote: Hero, Could you test this against Beat Lynx (Attack Mode) GB145RF please. Beat can give Basalt BD145MB KO'ing problems and I think it could beat this

You've requested this combo plenty of times already. I'm going to give you the same response ... "BEAT LOSES". It's too slow to touch Basalt. I'm going to have to ignore you now, I've already said not to repeat requests and you've done just that.
I know Hero said this combo has to have Kerbecs but couldn't Unicorno be used? Its similar to Kerbecs having three sections to the clear wheel. Buy putting end of one of the horns and the beginning of another at the staircase wouldn't it have the same effect?
I would test this but i don't have a TH170
(Aug. 04, 2011  2:14 PM)Arctic Wrote: I know Hero said this combo has to have Kerbecs but couldn't Unicorno be used? Its similar to Kerbecs having three sections to the clear wheel. Buy putting end of one of the horns and the beginning of another at the staircase wouldn't it have the same effect?
I would test this but i don't have a TH170

No, because of Kerbecs weight distrubution.
I doubt it would work. Unicorno is very light, it wouldn't make much of a difference if it was placed in the same way as Kerbecs or if it was placed in another way.
Holding them side by side right now i see no difference in weight distribution

@ omega
Kerbecs weighs 3.3 Unicorno Weighs 2.69 so your probably right. But Unicorno could possibly be a better option in if you don't have a Kerbecs.
Everyone should have Kerbecs, however Unicorno would possibly work, though you could lose the ability to outspin opposing Basalt Combo's, as this is always very narrow, and the reason we are specific about the use of Kerbecs and the orientation thereof. The weight distribution would be crucial, and n-symmetry and weight distribution are totally different. At least, you'd have to find which oriontation of unicorno gives the best chance to OS opposing basalt combo's (solo spin isn't always accurate in this case).

I'd definitely suggest getting kerbecs, though, because it is heavier, which is useful, even if it's not really all that substantial, it helps.
Why EDS over WD on the Scythe combo?
Which one, Scythe BD145EDS? If so, WD scrapes on BD145.
Last time I used it it definitely was.