[MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA] 2012 Victorian Beyblade Championships - February 2 2013

on
Hosted by
  Omega
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Congratulations ZX for becoming the 2012 Victorian Beyblade Champion!
[Image: 34217041.png]
Second Place: Omega
Third Place: Chaos Blader

2012 Victorian Beyblade Championships
Queen Victoria Gardens
St. Kilda Road (Next to Flinders Street)

MUST READ:
There is a 54 People attendance limit. There will be THREE separate tournaments running at the same time, each having 3 blocks. You will be randomly assigned to one of the three tournaments; either the Red Tournament, Blue Tournament or Yellow Tournament. You will then be randomly selected into one of the three blocks of that tournament. The first place winner of each tournament will advance into a finals Round Robin which will decide the 2012 Victorian Beyblade Champion!
Due to people not turning up at tournaments even after confirming, this will be a FIRST COME FIRST SERVE event. This means the first 54 people who show up at the tournament will be eligible to participate.

[Image: redtournamentlogo.png]
Judges:
Omega | Chaos Blader | john-flip-pride

[Image: bluetournamentlogo.png]
Judges:
blah | Robsta | Resistance

[Image: yellowtournamentlogo.png]
Judges:
Giraton | tehfez | Chups

ENTRANCE FEES
The WBO charges an entry fee of $5 USD to any participant who does not have a Blader Passport. The fee is $5 USD regardless of region, since we live in Australia AUD is accepted (Australian Dollar.) Players who cannot pay this fee cannot enter WBO events UNLESS the player has a blader's passport.
The WBO is a nonprofit organization, and all money collected goes to things for the community; prizes, rewards, site maintenance, etc.

Blader Passport's
If you would like to purchase a Blader Passport and for any reason cannot purchase one online, you can purchase one at the tournament for $10.00 (+$5.00 for Additional Fees, see below). A blader's passport lasts for 365 days and allows free access to every tournament within that time frame.

~

Date and time: February 2 2013
Time: Registration begins at 12:00 PM and ends at 1:10 PM, FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. Briefing and block sorting will take roughly 20 minutes. The tournament will BEGIN at 1:30 PM NO LATER.

Venue: Queen Victoria Gardens, St Kilda Road (Edge of Flinders Street).

Venue Map:

Expected Turnout: 54 People limit.

Format: Three tournaments, each having 3 blocks: Round Robin Block System

Pre-Attendance List (Just to get an estimated outcome, the real list will be created at the tournament FIRST COME FIRST SERVE):
~

Substitute Judges
Novae Rog
DranzerKingPat

Prizes:
TBA

~

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Is anyone planning to record the tournament? If I'm able to get my friend to tag along ill get him to film the tournament!
I'll be recording haha Smile Anyone is more than welcome to record footage of their own though.
i will be recording again aswell, with my ds, of my block only.
I'm gonna set up another thread with a link to this one cause we don't have enough bladers
is this for 2013 if so please tell me because it says 2012 Victorian championship
yea it's late. this is for 2013. it was ment for december.
k thanks

what beyblades are banned

i will be recording my block on my phone
but me on maybe
May I ask who is bringing a Stadium? I would have bought my BB-10 but it just recently cracked? Im only asking so we dont end up with not enough Stadiums.
(Jan. 29, 2013  1:14 AM)bladeshark27 Wrote: what beyblades are banned

fakes, breaks and anything older than MFB. other than that, nothing is banned.

for anyone who may be in my block, unless we don't have enough people for me to be a judge, i will check all parts, tips especially, for any severe wear or modification. if something isn't working right, then you may not be able to use that part.

oh and im bringing a balence type stadium and probably a zero-g stadium for fun battles if i can get it fixed up, it has a few bumps from my trip to sydney.
put me down as maybe not giving up my combos for a billion dollars though!
(Jan. 30, 2013  9:04 AM)counterleone45 Wrote: put me down as maybe not giving up my combos for a billion dollars though!

ha ha, i remember when every time someone said something like that, their combo's lost horribly. i hope yours don't end up like that.
It's probably something like Poison Herculeo 230ES, haha!

Just joking.
Edit: also just checked the forecast and its ment to be raining? If this is so will there be a change of venue? Or a reascedual?
It says cloudy on my phone so it may just be light showers or something
I hope you guys have a successful tournament. We are also having a big tournament in NC. Can't wait to see the results.
the tournament is in less than 20 hours, who is ready for this and who isn't. honestly im not ready.

edit: oh damn, just realized i ran out of a passport. looks like i have to pay for this one.
Hello Everyone my name is Marshall I am friends with ZX and i will be attending the Tournament tommorow with him! I am not into Beyblade but i thought it would be fun to go along with him! I am going to compete just for the fun of it! Hopefully i do OK! could u please put me on the Attending List as Marshall_23 (ZX friend) Thank you..
Going unless its like pouring the whole day
There have been fires for months in Australia, surely you can finally come out and play Beyblade no matter the weather, hah.
It has been pouring for 2 days straight; stopping, and pouring again now and then, even though its Summer, haha.
Haha agreed with Kai-V. Ill be there no matter what the weather throws at us!