Lubricating Launchers

(Dec. 28, 2010  4:10 PM)Sky Prince Wrote: i would NOT recommend that nightwolf... canola oil CAN spoil... and i doubt you'd want that. highly recommend silicone spray. i tried it and it works sooooo well. =) and no smell neither.

It's 'either', Prince.
lol. actually, it's "neither". "neither - not one or the other" I'm referring to that it doesn't spoil nor smell. haha, sorry, that's no where my grammatical error was though. I really meant to say "it doesn't smell nor spoil."
uh can u just use grease. i m not sure, so please dont feel offended
(Jul. 15, 2010  2:42 AM)Heavyblader666 Wrote: so I can use PB-50 just not WD-40?

U Want A Attack Bey Or What ??
(Oct. 28, 2010  10:51 AM)MsK Wrote: can i use petroleum jelly or hand lotion ???

yes.......petroleum jelly works, have used it myself..........but it will have a tendency to collect dirt over time.......so you will need to clean it at regular intervals........after around 50 launches.
(Dec. 28, 2010  4:10 PM)Sky Prince Wrote: i would NOT recommend that nightwolf... canola oil CAN spoil... and i doubt you'd want that. highly recommend silicone spray. i tried it and it works sooooo well. =) and no smell neither.

I used it for a rubix cube and I have had that for months, it has no smell.
(Feb. 15, 2011  8:20 PM)NightWolf Wrote:

I used it for a rubix cube and I have had that for months, it has no smell.

canola oil doesn't spoil right away..... but it DOES spoil....
Hey I probably just ruined this thread but what is the point of lubrication exactly? What does it do?
(Feb. 16, 2011  3:19 AM)Sparta Wrote: Hey I probably just ruined this thread but what is the point of lubrication exactly? What does it do?
what does lube do?
reduces friction. If u apply lube to the gears of the launcher, it reduces the friction between gears in the launcher making it easier to pull ur string or rip cord and be able to pull faster.... faster launch makes the beyblade spin faster....
faster spin = (optional: more attack and less control), more stamina
Sooooo....can u use grease?(Sonnytheflame's question)
grease would be rather thck/viscous and also some type of grease stinks..i recommend using baby oil..nice smell and it dont destroy your launcher...
Anothor question, does olive oil work?Just wondering.
(Jun. 27, 2011  9:50 AM)qwertxj3 Wrote: Anothor question, does olive oil work?Just wondering.

i used vegetable oil it worked well but if u add it in a large quantity it will slow down ur launcher( as happened with me) and take care that oil is less and also it is aplied on the important parts if u want to know more pm me
I'd use INOX mx3 and silicone oil; I use these two for my airsoft guns to clean and lube them. They don't ruin plastics metals and the Inox one has a long long long list of uses; they use it in everything from hobby to airplanes to machining to cleaning gear so on.
I just use some M-pro7 gun oil, and that helps like crazy
(May. 16, 2018  12:38 AM)Spitfire101 Wrote: I just use some M-pro7 gun oil, and that helps like crazy

That is an illegal modification and if you are found using it during an official WBO tournament, that will be a complete disqualification most of the time.
Also, please do not necro a long-dead thread.

From the Rulebook

Foreign Substances & Modification: Beyblade and launcher parts cannot be painted, coated, or physically modified in any way that affects their performance except in the methods explicitly outlined in the green section below . Bladers who intentionally modify the performance illegally of their equipment will be disqualified and potentially banned from future WBO events.

Da Rules