London Beyblade Burst Tournament Report: The Sesh 2.0

London Beyblade Burst Tournament Report : “The Sesh 2.0”

The Sesh 2.0 was a really last minute tournament that Ultra organised in London. We managed 10 players in the end despite a few regulars being absent. I was pretty apprehensive about playing since I didn’t have Seig Xcalibur or Twin Nemesis but over the course of the tournament a lot of my fears we alleviated as the new releases didn’t effect the game as much as I had anticipated. 

As usual I’ll go through my group stage run round by round following onto my experience in deck format and final thoughts.

Round Robin stage

Deck Format Finals 

Final thoughts

Overall this was a great tournament. It was good to play burst after a small break from burst tournaments in London. Despite playing competitively since last year this was my first official 1st place finish! There tons of sX play during the round robin stage of the tournament which was countered by mG, aC and dF. Suprisingly despite only recently being released Galaxy Zeus didn't see much play and from what I saw wasn’t terribly successful when used. Again mG stood out as the combo to beat and honestly I’m not sure if anything can consistently. I’m happy to see more attack types introduced to the game but it’s upsetting that they can’t really hold a candle to mG. I would still put my money on gK if I had to pick one bey to stop mG, hopefully it’ll peak soon and everyone will move on to something else. Burst never seems to be able to separate stamina and defence. The real MVP of this tournament is Beybread though, he managed second place and is only 7! Despite mG looming over the current metagame Burst has some really refreshing variety at the moment, something I hope will continue to grow as more parts are released. 

Thanks for reading if you got this far ! If you have any questions feel free to post below. 

The Sesh 2.0 
London, UK - 30/10/2017

1st Basedsamuraij: 
dF.7G.At
Metal mG.4G.At
aC.7M.At
lS.7M.X

2nd Beybread
dF.4G.At
mG.4G.At
gZ.7M.R (Deck Format Finals Only)

3rd Balance Blader
lS.4G.t
Metal mG.4G.At
sX.1S.At (Deck format Finals Only)
Thanks for the report!

(Oct. 06, 2017  2:32 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: Vs Josh419
aC.7M.At v sX.7.R win
3-0
I was pretty sure I was up against sX again and so I tried aC to see how it compared to dF. I stalled aC so by the time sX made contact it didn’t have enough force to KO aC. The off balance nature of sX doesnt really favour stationary attack.

Vs EA Sports
dF.7G.At v SX.7.R
3-0
The same combo as Josh419 and the match went similarly. If you can avoid sX in the early game you're almost assured to OS especially on stationary setups. I think sX is suited to more mobile drivers. I’m still not sure if I prefer aC or dF in this matchup honestly. Both seem to have good burst resistance maybe dF is less susceptible to KOs but that needs more testing.

Definitely agreed on sX in purely stationary combos. It's definitely good on some mobile combos of course, but the ability for Atomic-based combos to avoid things like Revolve is why I've been using it with Atomic and Trans. Both make it more difficult for the common Atomic-based combos to avoid sX. Generally speaking sX is able to handle everything (aC, gK, gZ, D2, dF to a degree, and even mG) on Atomic quite handily when using one of these two Drivers. Of course, the problem arises when you swap out Atomic for the tighter Orbit on mG ...
does gK revolve consistently outspin aC atomic?
(Oct. 18, 2017  7:52 AM)Kei Wrote: Thanks for the report!

(Oct. 06, 2017  2:32 AM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: Vs Josh419
aC.7M.At v sX.7.R win
3-0
I was pretty sure I was up against sX again and so I tried aC to see how it compared to dF. I stalled aC so by the time sX made contact it didn’t have enough force to KO aC. The off balance nature of sX doesnt really favour stationary attack.

Vs EA Sports
dF.7G.At v SX.7.R
3-0
The same combo as Josh419 and the match went similarly. If you can avoid sX in the early game you're almost assured to OS especially on stationary setups. I think sX is suited to more mobile drivers. I’m still not sure if I prefer aC or dF in this matchup honestly. Both seem to have good burst resistance maybe dF is less susceptible to KOs but that needs more testing.

Definitely agreed on sX in purely stationary combos. It's definitely good on some mobile combos of course, but the ability for Atomic-based combos to avoid things like Revolve is why I've been using it with Atomic and Trans. Both make it more difficult for the common Atomic-based combos to avoid sX. Generally speaking sX is able to handle everything (aC, gK, gZ, D2, dF to a degree, and even mG) on Atomic quite handily when using one of these two Drivers. Of course, the problem arises when you swap out Atomic for the tighter Orbit on mG ...

After thinking about it for a while and testing sX more I can definitely see sX on revolve has some uses (mG matchup) but some movement to deal with atomic combos is very helpful. It's really interesting that sX doesn't actually have to be moving very fast to KO opponents because of the sheer weight of the layer. Even on things like variable with a mid to weak launch I can get it to KO stuff pretty easily.
(Oct. 18, 2017  3:50 PM)Basedsamuraij Wrote: After thinking about it for a while and testing sX more I can definitely see sX on revolve has some uses (mG matchup) but some movement to deal with atomic combos is very helpful. It's really interesting that sX doesn't actually have to be moving very fast to KO opponents because of the sheer weight of the layer. Even on things like variable with a mid to weak launch I can get it to KO stuff pretty easily.

Yeah, Variable works too. @[1234beyblade] discovered Legend Spriggan on Variable was able to do similar things a little while ago too. Didn't really cross over into tournaments, but in my testing I noticed sX performed similarly with Variable. I tend to prefer Atomic, Trans, and Merge for it so far, though.

Speaking of sheer weight, I also tried MGC Sieg Xcalibur 7 Meteor Ωcta when I first got it ... that was fun lol. It was doing pretty great, but then I remembered that it would probably make more sense to launch harder with the Atomic combos I was putting up against it to avoid it.