Libra (Re)Testing: Please Chip In! (UPDATED 3RD Feb!)

Libra CH120RF really hasn't aged well. I personally never experimented with it much, but if you look at the stats on the original testing that was done, it only had a 60% win percentage against MF Libra C145WB, so of course it will be useless against RS or any other rubber-based Defense Bottom.

What should be tested now is its effectiveness against Attack and Stamina combos. Honestly though, I think it is time that people moved on. There are countless other options out there that are likely much better.
Yeah, libra ch120rf is a great defense type. There was some argument about how to classify rf defence combos, but yeah. Still, it's inneffective against 230 (Unless it can beat basalt bul 230cs), and I AM interested to see if it can break hell kerbecs bd145(e)wd.

Chupa, r145 has recoil issues, so I expect mf lighting l drago ch120rf would kill it. Mfh libra bd145 rs is heavier, though it has miserable stamina, it does handle traditional rf based attack combos very well (burn pegasis 85rf could be an interesting opponent, though), though a good metal flat combo (gravity, mld) will normally outspin you

Also: What Kei said. And seeing as right now basalt is lurking in the defense corner, you can probably do better defensively.

For what it's worth, my libra is currently in mfh libra gb145rs, though my bd145 is being used by hell kerbecs bd145ewd right now, so I didn't have to make that choice. Basalt is on my 230cs right now, which is also my main defense combo (basalt aquario 230cs). But yeah, currently I'd be torn between gb145 and bd145, depending how much you care about stamina. For pure defence, imo the best choice is mfh libra bd145rs, but yeah.

On reviewing my results it does do extremely well against rf, so unless mf is popular (is it?) then it's a solid choice, pardon the pun.
Libra CH120RF might be able to beat 230, if CH120 is on 145 mode.
Have a look at my testing, it does miserably, assuming you mean traditional earth __ 230cs combos. Basalt +230 seems to handle well vs 145 in general, so I'd be surprised. Anyway, obviously people are going to have ch120 at 145 when against 230, that's the main reason for it these days.
(Feb. 28, 2011  2:35 PM)Ray Unicorno. Wrote: Libra CH120RF might be able to beat 230, if CH120 is on 145 mode.

It Would As 145s Have At Least A Win Rate Of 70-80% Over 230.
Please stop derping up the thread, different wheels affect that rate, and that rate is for stamina combos only iirc.

Most importantly, there is testing in the OP of libra ch145rf vs 230, it got 0/10 (1/10 with a metal face on it, but i'm calling that luck). It's the first test listed in my testing. Seriously, go look.
From my informal testing Libra CH120RF is NOT to be used against RS based defense types. It is more of an attack counter (will do tests against MF Lightning L-Drago 85RF) / attack bey (for use against stamina).
Okay, here's my testing from the OP, just so everyone can stop speculating and actually look at some results hey. YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE TO GO BACK TO THE FIRST PAGE. AREN'T I GREAT? Tongue_out

Standard conditions, rf’s are prime, or just a little bit before prime[/b], rs new to slightly worn, cs rubber very worn, but still a little aggressive at start, and if hit. All launched at 100%. WD's near mint, relatively little movement.
My Libra is the Newest mold, from BB-96

KO=Knock Out
OS= Out Spin
DOS=OS by destabilising, (only where obvious).
Draws re-done, self-ko's redone. I used Eagle (it’s Hasbro) on Vulcan to expose maximum metal for increased smash (though methinks Gemios would be better).

Balance Testing

Libra CH120 RF
V Defense (@120)

V Attack (@ 140)

V Stamina (@140)
(Mar. 01, 2011  11:30 AM)MeteorKing Wrote: V Stamina (@140)

MF-F earth bull 230cs isto much like a defence combo, can you test libra vs earth bull ad145/145wd
Uh, no, you're incorre ct. Just watch it in battle, doesn't take hard hits, wins by os. It's generally a stamina combo.

Also, the combo you suggested (and the combo in my post, somewhat) is outclassed by hell kerbecs bd145wd (boost mode) You may be second in command of the hasbro metagame, but try to keep up with the actual full metagame. :p
CS is not the best Stamina Bottom. WD, SD and at some point EWD or PD are.
here are some results I got testing the once great combo MF Libra CH120RF but will it fair nicely against the new range of parts?
here are some results first to ten wins in MFB attack stadium used :grip launcher and beylauncher launched at 100% speed :
MF Libra CH120RF VS MF Burn Bull DF145WD:
6-4 libra win rate 60%
MF Libra CH120RF VS MF Earth aquario 230CS:
1-9 libra win rate 10%

MF Libra CH120RF VS MF Lightning L-Drago CH120RF:
9-1 Libra win rate 90%

as you can see it performed terribly against 230 but did relatively well against the other top tiers!

it could have a lot of potential !
Look at my post, it gets killed by 230 and defence combos.
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:16 PM)bigbangblaze Wrote: as you can see it performed terribly against 230 but did relatively well against the other top tiers!
And against 230, you put it at 145 ?
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:19 PM)Kai-V Wrote:
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:16 PM)bigbangblaze Wrote: as you can see it performed terribly against 230 but did relatively well against the other top tiers!
And against 230, you put it at 145 ?

oops sorry completely forgot to mention that yes only against 230 I used it at the 145 height and at the rest I used 120
Kai-V, I know cs isn't the best stamina tip, but no one really uses 230wd etc, from what I've heard. Also, I can't test right now, as my ch120's ARE DEEEEEEEEAAAAAD.

That said, defence is now just mfh basalt bull 230cs, which kills most stamina blades too (along with almost everything else) , and stamina is mostly hell kerbecs bd145wd, and a few 230 combos, I think
(Mar. 01, 2011  6:28 PM)MeteorKing Wrote: Kai-V, I know cs isn't the best stamina tip, but no one really uses 230wd etc, from what I've heard. Also, I can't test right now, as my ch120's ARE DEEEEEEEEAAAAAD.

That said, defence is now just mfh basalt bull 230cs, which kills most stamina blades too (along with almost everything else) , and stamina is mostly hell kerbecs bd145wd.

Also, those 230 results are the same as mine, basically.

I must agree with meteor king CS might not be the best stamina tip but amongst the tall bottoms it is the one with the most stamina leaving out HF/S (in S mode)
CS prevents 145 height from touch the metal wheel of the 230 based bey and would be better in many cases than any other stamina tip combined with 230
Exactly, it's the old solo vs battle stamina argument, I suppose, though I haven't checked testing, so I could be wrong, but mff earth aquario 230cs, at the time, was referred to as stamina.

Anyway, if people really want a game breaker, mfh basalt aquario/bull 230cs is pretty close. I have to redo the informal testing I did without the mfh, but it's a monster, seems to murder rubber flat attack combos, and it beats hell kerbecs bd145wd. I don't know how it fares against LTSC's, and otger 230 combos (which I expect to beat it), and maybe a gb145cs defense combo might have a chance, but it's dangerous enough in that it murders RF.
Anyway, look at the "new metagame discussion thread" for that.