Libra D125RF + Libra 145RF

Hey WBO Grin
Could somebody please test these 2 combos please?
Libra D125RF and Libra 145RF?
I want it to be tested against the same blades as the Libra CH120RF did in the Libra CH120RF thread... Example: 145 Height against Quetzalcoatl 90RF, 125 Height against Virgo DF145D, 125 height against Libra C145WB.

If somebody could do this, I would be so happy!
Thank you so much!! Grin

EDIT: No longer need testing, but if you still want to test it, go ahead, thanks Smile
* Bey Brad sighs.

The results are going to be roughly the same as the CH120 results. The point of that combo is that you can switch it between rounds.
(Aug. 11, 2009  8:14 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: * Bey Brad sighs.

The results are going to be roughly the same as the CH120 results. The point of that combo is that you can switch it between rounds.

Yeah its pretty much the same as having those two tracks separate
Yeah I figured... Just wanted to know... If that's the case, no testing is needed Smile
Thanks.
On the Libra CH120RF I kinda asked this question... and People were saying it wouldn't be as tough.
Thanks Smile
(Aug. 11, 2009  8:48 AM)Omega Wrote: Yeah I figured... Just wanted to know... If that's the case, no testing is needed Smile
Thanks.
On the Libra CH120RF I kinda asked this question... and People were saying it wouldn't be as tough.
Thanks Smile

Nobody said that, they said that the combo's main advantage is to be able to change "modes" whenever you like and doing this completely takes away from that.
Well I did mention my only doubt would be with Libra D125RF, the minimal difference in height could detract negatively from it as well. Mostly the ONLY reason I'm bothering to test it at all. Similarly, Libra 145RF won't have the plastic there to absorb the hit, there's a reason why 145 isn't on the defense combo listing. RF might be interesting though so... meh we'll see.
(Aug. 11, 2009  9:22 AM)Hiro Ayami Wrote: Well I did mention my only doubt would be with Libra D125RF, the minimal difference in height could detract negatively from it as well. Mostly the ONLY reason I'm bothering to test it at all. Similarly, Libra 145RF won't have the plastic there to absorb the hit, there's a reason why 145 isn't on the defense combo listing. RF might be interesting though so... meh we'll see.

Okay. Thanks anyway for testing them out Smile
Let me soon as you can with the results Grin Thanks.
Alright so I tested things with these combo's and I'll say one thing, they're definitely not as similar as one would expect. I'd say it's a combination of various factors but most noticeably is the weight, CH120 is a relatively heavy track one of the heaviest out there actually, taking that away for this combo is particularly detrimental.

First let's start with Libra D125RF

Libra D125RF vs MF Libra C145WB

So since people generally prefer WB over B I'm using it for official testing. The testing format was one match, 20 rounds.

So basically I saw a pattern similar to the CH120 however the problem was the weight behind the hit. Libra CH120RF relies on it's heavy weight, height, and momentum to smash opponents out of the stadium, I believe Libra CH120RF is the best possible combination with this for our current selection of parts. That being said, Libra D125RF has a bit more speed but less weight, the height may have played a part but I haven't done any Point of Contact testing on Libra yet so I can't verify that much.

Libra D125RF won 9 matches by KO and lost 11 to Out Spin, there weren't any huge recoils during these tests. This resulted in a 45% win Ratio. Whatever the case this is certainly not a superior attack combo vs defense compared to Quetz 90RF or Storm 100RF. I'm partial to believe it will have inferior outcomes against Virgo DF145D should it come down to it.

Libra 145RF vs Storm 100RF

So some people may ask why I use Storm 100RF over a 90 track, I've posted reasoning to this in the competitive combo thread, and through my own testing have found 100 was superior against defense combo's than 90 on a Storm RF attacker. Regardless, here's the results:

Again this is not a very good combination, if you had to use Libra, RF, and any 145 track, it should be C145, not 145. 145 doesn't have anything to absorb hits, that is to say if a Storm or Quetz is hitting this track, the game is done. getting hit so straight on to the core and beneath the wheel often resulted in an unbalancing strike, probably a form of Upper Attacker given the circumstances. This combo was shot out by Storm 100RF a lot.

Results: 4 wins, one by a very close Out Spin, three by Storm 100RF KOing itself through it's awkward recoil, 17 losses to KO. 20% win ratio against a top tier attack type is poor. I don't recommend this combo.

Suggestions: Libra D125RF is a decent attacker, I suspect you'll get similar results to Libra CH120RF by adding a Metal Face to he combo. Once again as I posted in the Libra CH120RF thread, Libra D125RF is just inferior, it lacks the same abilities as the CH120 combo in terms of versatility. Libra C145RF would probably yield similar results, but even then I have a feeling there's something about the Point of Contact on the CH145 height different than C145. I believe Libra C145RF was already attempted with bad results. Frankly Libra CH145RF is a mystery to me on it's performance.

Final Note: NO MORE RF TESTING FOR UNTIL I BUY LIKE... 8 Storm/Stardust Pegasis damnit! ... I only got away with testing these two because the Storm Peg I ordered a while ago just came in yesterday so... yay, one fresh RF for the 22nd and one lightly used RF for testing until then :3
I gotta ask man, how many RF's have you burned through with the insane amount of testing you do?
Thanks so much Hiro!
I'll probably get a metal face and use Libra D125RF against defense combos Grin
But now to get a metal face... -.-
Thanks a ton though Grin
(Aug. 12, 2009  4:09 AM)Khel Wrote: I gotta ask man, how many RF's have you burned through with the insane amount of testing you do?

Too many. Since joining in June I've used 6. Yes that means I've purchased 7 (I have an UNUSED RF) Storm Pegasis. Of those 7, I have 1 surviving Beylauncher of 8.

I'm gonna boycott testing RF"s for a while, I'm dedicated to accurate test results so the newer the RF the more true to competitive it really is.

One thing Omega, it's one thing to research stuff it's another to get people to test things for you before you get stuff. I'd suggest a decent cart of parts to test and get a feel for things, after a while you can get to the point (after a lot of first hand knowledge and testing) of not needing to even try the part before realizing it's potential with another. For instance there are simply some things that RF is redundant on, and, if you read around the current MFB customizations existing you'll see what parts work and why. A lot of the information I've obtained has been through researching these forums thoroughly. I stumbled across the Virgo test thread and stuff like it, really added to the information bucket.