Let’s Talk About School

(Sep. 11, 2019  9:32 PM)Suoh sadboii Wrote:
(Sep. 11, 2019  5:40 AM)Ravinchen Wrote: Is there any way to deal with jet lag

I don’t wanna miss school again cuz of it

Honestly just start a new sleep schedule cold turkey. As in, jump straight into it.

ik fixed it differently tho force my self awake and exercise so much in the day it makes me sleep at night
So I’m very tired, today at school my classmate had some Doritos and she was giving them out, I went up to her and asked “Can I have some morons” I was thinking of the word cuz my sister called me it. Thankfully everyone started laughing. Maybe my sister was right lmao
(Sep. 11, 2019  11:52 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: So I’m very tired, today at school my classmate had some Doritos and she was giving them out, I went up to her and asked “Can I have some morons” I was thinking of the word cuz my sister called me it. Thankfully everyone started laughing. Maybe my sister was right lmao
“Can I have some morons?”
“Yeah, sure. There’s one in front of me right now.”
Sorry if that was mean.
(Sees school thread)
(Sees most are about middle school)
(Me who's in university): I kinda feel old...

That aside, I shall assume random thoughts on school (regardless of level) are allowed. If not, please let me know.

Anyways, anybody ever had that moment when they start a new semester, they walk through the gate, and they're like, "I feel like this is going to be a great semester!" But then you get to class and the first period is 2 hours of Advanced Algebra, and the teacher you get is the same boring, doesn't-explain-anything-clearly teacher from Algebra last semester, who has some magical time-slowing voodoo?

And they change your schedule 6 times before they're FINALLY satisfied? (I kid you not, this has happened 3 semesters in a row).

It's only been three weeks and I'm fed up already.
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:35 AM)Rocketmann Wrote: (Sees school thread)

That aside, I shall assume random thoughts on school (regardless of level) are allowed. If not, please let me know.

Anyways, anybody ever had that moment when they start a new semester, they walk through the gate, and they're like, "I feel like this is going to be a great semester!" But then you get to class and the first period is 2 hours of Advanced Algebra, and the teacher you get is the same boring, doesn't-explain-anything-clearly teacher from Algebra last semester, who has some magical time-slowing voodoo?

And they change your schedule 6 times before they're FINALLY satisfied? (I kid you not, this has happened 3 semesters in a row).

This is perfectly fine. Also, wow that must suck. My teachers are nowhere near as boring.
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:38 AM)Dash Driver Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:35 AM)Rocketmann Wrote: (Sees school thread)

This is perfectly fine. Also, wow that must suck. My teachers are nowhere near as boring.

It does, it does. I barely passed his class last semester, and I was happy to be free of him, only to find out I was wrong. He basically doesn't explain stuff clearly, has handwriting even worse than a doctor's, overuses the words "by default", sends you to the board to solve whatever nigh-impossible new problem he's put because you aren't "paying attention", even though you're just trying to take notes, and overreacts when he sees headphones/earbuds. I just had them looped around my neck, and I even showed him it wasn't connected to any device, and he was like, "Stop listening to nonsense in my class."
My teachers’ voices are soothing and energetic in an almost cringy way (except for my history teacher and track coach). Like, so energetic its actually annoying, because you are encouraged to speak up and “you will do soooo fine!!!” in class
My school is weird. Because the same buses are used for all of the schools in the district, High School starts at 8:20 AM, with every class being about an hour and a half. 4 classes a day, but 8 classes total because we alternate classes every day. We have 2 classes, then lunch, then the last two classes. If you did the math right, you'd find out that lunch starts at 10:17 AM. IT'S SO DUMB, BUT I'M USED TO IT ALREADY!!! Another dumb thing is that Marching Band rehearsals are after school (school ends at 2:07 PM) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:15 to 6:15, so slow workers like me don't even have time to go home, eat dinner, do all of our homework, and relax before 10 or 11 PM. The teachers don't take after school clubs and sports into consideration when giving out homework and expect everyone to be done with a whole day's homework in 2 hours or less. The biggest smh of my life, since I'm slower than others. One final thing, my school only requires you to pass one year of either Spanish, French, German, or Latin to graduate, but it's apparently better take the language class for two years instead of just one. This is rough because the maximum amount of electives you're allowed to take per year is 4, 2 per semester. It was 6 in the Middle School, but Study Hall takes up one period slot, eliminating 2 elective slots. Since I take music class and French, I can't take any electives until next year (my Junior year), which sucks. Even then, I'd only be able to take 4 electives total between my Junior and Senior years because of music class. Pretty much everyone takes language class for two years, so I'll have to hold out until next year and be smart about what electives I choose so I can be able to graduate. Sorry for the rant, but I'm frustrated about some of the things my school does, and I just so happened to see this thread as an opportunity to get things off my shoulders.
I kinda joined my sisters friend group to get more friends. I feel like I’m stuck in the middle of a war, their all fighting and I’m just trapped. I need help guys.
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:59 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: My school is weird. Because the same buses are used for all of the schools in the district, High School starts at 8:20 AM, with every class being about an hour and a half. 4 classes a day, but 8 classes total because we alternate classes every day. We have 2 classes, then lunch, then the last two classes. If you did the math right, you'd find out that lunch starts at 10:17 AM. IT'S SO DUMB, BUT I'M USED TO IT ALREADY!!! Another dumb thing is that Marching Band rehearsals are after school (school ends at 2:07 PM) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:15 to 6:15, so slow workers like me don't even have time to go home, eat dinner, do all of our homework, and relax before 10 or 11 PM. The teachers don't take after school clubs and sports into consideration when giving out homework and expect everyone to be done with a whole day's homework in 2 hours or less. The biggest smh of my life, since I'm slower than others. One final thing, my school only requires you to pass one year of either Spanish, French, German, or Latin to graduate, but it's apparently better take the language class for two years instead of just one. This is rough because the maximum amount of electives you're allowed to take per year is 4, 2 per semester. It was 6 in the Middle School, but Study Hall takes up one period slot, eliminating 2 elective slots. Since I take music class and French, I can't take any electives until next year (my Junior year), which sucks. Even then, I'd only be able to take 4 electives total between  my Junior and Senior years because of music class. Pretty much everyone takes language class for two years, so I'll have to hold out until next year and be smart about what electives I choose so I can be able to graduate. Sorry for the rant, but I'm frustrated about some of the things my school does, and I just so happened to see this thread as an opportunity to get things off my shoulders.

Yikes, thats really hard and frustrating. If anything, talk to a trusted adult or your teacher if this stresses you out, and they will consider it or help you feel better. And, oh man, one year of world language is required for you? And starting class at 8:20? Thats dang lucky, since I have two years of world language (but Im finished as a soph since I took one year BEFORE high school and it counts), and classes start at 7:55 for me. But regardless, please take care. Eat something in between or think of something to proud of everything, if that helps. Being positive, even by a little, makes thing better and can turn you into an optimistic person as a whole
(Sep. 12, 2019  4:19 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I kinda joined my sisters friend group to get more friends. I feel like I’m stuck in the middle of a war, their all fighting and I’m just trapped. I need help guys.
Easy talk about it to them A if they don’t listen there nothing you can do
B they listen and things get betteR 
Ps try to talk to them separately when there most calm
(Sep. 12, 2019  4:19 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I kinda joined my sisters friend group to get more friends. I feel like I’m stuck in the middle of a war, their all fighting and I’m just trapped. I need help guys.

Be the rouge and fight everyone.
(Sep. 12, 2019  4:21 AM)XSabxManiacX Wrote:
(Sep. 12, 2019  3:59 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: My school is weird. Because the same buses are used for all of the schools in the district, High School starts at 8:20 AM, with every class being about an hour and a half. 4 classes a day, but 8 classes total because we alternate classes every day. We have 2 classes, then lunch, then the last two classes. If you did the math right, you'd find out that lunch starts at 10:17 AM. IT'S SO DUMB, BUT I'M USED TO IT ALREADY!!! Another dumb thing is that Marching Band rehearsals are after school (school ends at 2:07 PM) on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 3:15 to 6:15, so slow workers like me don't even have time to go home, eat dinner, do all of our homework, and relax before 10 or 11 PM. The teachers don't take after school clubs and sports into consideration when giving out homework and expect everyone to be done with a whole day's homework in 2 hours or less. The biggest smh of my life, since I'm slower than others. One final thing, my school only requires you to pass one year of either Spanish, French, German, or Latin to graduate, but it's apparently better take the language class for two years instead of just one. This is rough because the maximum amount of electives you're allowed to take per year is 4, 2 per semester. It was 6 in the Middle School, but Study Hall takes up one period slot, eliminating 2 elective slots. Since I take music class and French, I can't take any electives until next year (my Junior year), which sucks. Even then, I'd only be able to take 4 electives total between  my Junior and Senior years because of music class. Pretty much everyone takes language class for two years, so I'll have to hold out until next year and be smart about what electives I choose so I can be able to graduate. Sorry for the rant, but I'm frustrated about some of the things my school does, and I just so happened to see this thread as an opportunity to get things off my shoulders.

Yikes, thats really hard and frustrating. If anything, talk to a trusted adult or your teacher if this stresses you out, and they will consider it or help you feel better. And, oh man, one year of world language is required for you? And starting class at 8:20? Thats dang lucky, since I have two years of world language (but Im finished as a soph since I took one year BEFORE high school and it counts), and classes start at 7:55 for me. But regardless, please take care. Eat something in between or think of something to proud of everything, if that helps. Being positive, even by a little, makes thing better and can turn you into an optimistic person as a whole

Yeah, it's weird. Luckily, there's apparently going to be an experiment where several schools in New Jersey are going to start an hour later to see if that helps with the stress. I hope my school gets chosen for it next year, as long as Marching Band rehearsals don't end at 7:15 PM. Also, this is going to be my fourth year of French, since my school district enforces the language program from 4th or 5th grade with Spanish as the only choice until 7th Grade. I moved here halfway through my 6th grade (it was terrible), so I had to take Spanish for half a year, which was no problem since Spanish is my native language. Then, I wasn't allowed to take Spanish starting in 7th grade because I already speak it, so I had to choose between French and German. Then, High School allows people to take Latin, but I didn't care enough to change language classes after learning French for so long.
The homework stress doesn't stop coming, so I'm already used to it. I do have some time that I like to relax that I could be using to study, but I don't want to drive myself insane from 7:20 AM (I screwed up the starting time in my initial post) to midnight. I usually just don't have a chance to vent off what's on my mind, but when I do, I let it rip. Literally and figuratively. I like Beyblade because it allows me to take out my frustrations with the launcher (10/10 stress relief device) and also allows me to apply my strategic nature to something. I also like Smash Bros. for stress relief because it forces me to focus on something other than the stress I have while also letting me fidget with something, which I constantly feel the need to do. Sadly, I haven't had much time to do either one of those, so things haven't been going so well lately despite being less than 10 days into my Sophomore year.
Has anybody ever had those moments when it's a school day, and your alarm hasn't rung yet, but the amount of sleep you're getting is suspicious?
I usually wake up at the right time without an alarm clock
This year at my school, I’m running for Treasurer. You have to fill out a pretty long online form to run. I had good progress, then, all of my progress was gone. Time to rewrite it…
(Sep. 15, 2019  1:46 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This year at my school, I’m running for Treasurer. You have to fill out a pretty long online form to run. I had good progress, then, all of my progress was gone. Time to rewrite it…

oof-s.
(Sep. 15, 2019  2:07 AM)BoogietheBlader Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2019  1:46 AM)CheetoBlader Wrote: This year at my school, I’m running for Treasurer. You have to fill out a pretty long online form to run. I had good progress, then, all of my progress was gone. Time to rewrite it…

oof-s.

bruh-s
Math test on Monday. The stress is real.
Classes are 1 hour each for me. 6 classes a day, 8 classes in total. 5 minutes in between classes, and 41 minutes for lunch. I’m only enjoying school because friends are there, but I won’t enjoy it for long.
My classes are 57 minutes each, with 5 minute passing period, and 30 minutes for lunch
I have seven 46-ish minute classes with a four min break between each and lunch for 30 minutes
(Sep. 15, 2019  3:56 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: I have seven 46-ish minute classes with a four min break between each and lunch for 30 minutes

I have hour long classes with no break and 10 minute lunch and snack.
(Sep. 15, 2019  4:46 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2019  3:56 AM)Dt20000 Wrote: I have seven 46-ish minute classes with a four min break between each and lunch for 30 minutes

I have hour long classes with no break and 10 minute lunch and snack.

By break I meant time between classes, also, that sounds horrible
(Sep. 15, 2019  5:46 AM)Dt20000 Wrote:
(Sep. 15, 2019  4:46 AM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I have hour long classes with no break and 10 minute lunch and snack.

By break I meant time between classes, also, that sounds horrible

It is.