Laporte IN Meet-up! Saturday March 28th!

on
Hosted by
  Pich
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

The tourny would be held in Laporte, Indiana and will be hosted by kai12. It will be held on March 28th sometime, a Saturday. Get to the tournament by 1 p.m., which is the starting time. Right now, unless someone else wants it changed thats coming it will be Plastic/HMS/MFB Format(all included). Official WBO rules will be followed. Not sure on the tournament format, yet, though. I want to get a list of people that think they can make it, so we can get stuff ready. So far we have:
For Sure
Pichuscute
Kai12
Wolf-erazer
Kai12's friend

Possible (the people that didn't say no)
Synesthesia
Grey
DrigerBlader
My bro's friend/my friend

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

You were the only one who turned up? That's too bad.:\

However was there no coordination between anyone when in came to finalizing an attendee list? Can't help but feel like tournament was a bit of a leap of faith.
Ouch ... I'm so sick of seeing this happen.
pichu, my friend, and i were the only ones who showed up. we were an hour and a half early so we ate at long john silver's. we then waited at K mart until 1:40pm. after that we stayed at the school until it was 3:30pm then drove home. because of this, our family's having second thoughts about next year's official WBO tournament.
Oh come on, we can't be held responsible because of this. This was organized by you guys, not by any WBO staff. Any falling-out that occurred in the planning needs to be taken up between you guys. Who else was supposed to show up?
That sucks that no one else showed up Unhappy
But you should have called/texted/PMed people and made sure there was a proper confirmation and that they would actually be going before going on a two-hour drive.
i'm not blaming you guys. i'm saying what happened. he wouldn't give us a phone number and instead said he would call us. didn't work out to well because he never contacted us at all yesterday. though ben never checked for a home phone -.-
P.S ben set all this up and said i could go. i really didn't know what was going on besides saturday we are going to a beyblade tourny Confused
and yes ben, dad did say he doesn't want us going to the other tournament to have this repeated.
Yes, we can still go to other tournaments (that are close enough). No, Kai12 and his friend didn't show after repeatedly saying in here and in pm, especially, that he would. He didn't give me a phone number when I asked, only saying that he didn't have a cell phone. And his excuse for not making it was that it was too cold, which he pmed me after the fact. We could drive over two hours going there and he couldn't get out of his house and walk/ride his bike down the street to meet us. I'm disappointed but whatever. They had Long John Silvers so I'm happy enough :3.
EDIT: It was only us, Kai12 and his friend that were going.
Sorry to hear that, but if someone who is hosting the tournament does not want to give out contact information then you should probably not take their word for it. Either way, this was extremely rude on his part, and I doubt anyone will trust him now to host anything. Sorry you had to waste so much gas on a no show.
Yeah, I won't be trusting him again. If he wants to come over here and meet up he can, but I'm not going back there. And Thanks. =)
Sorry to hear it was no-show. Unhappy
Hope you'll be able to do something on your own.
You should always get a contact number.

Sorry that your parents saw it the wrong way, but this isn't what we do. Something like BWR isn't at all on the same scale as this.
yeah...
our mom said we may be able to host one though Smile
(Mar. 29, 2009  7:47 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: You should always get a contact number.

Sorry that your parents saw it the wrong way, but this isn't what we do. Something like BWR isn't at all on the same scale as this.

IDK what my brother was talking about cuz my parents didn't see it the wrong way. They only blamed Kai12 for not showing up. They will still allow us to go to other events and everything. Just not ones in Laporte with Kai12 since we don't trust him anymore. So yeah, and BTW, if we host one, we would need money and an anime con nearby (which we don't), cuz there aren't enough people here to host one otherwise. So we can't =/.
kai12 has received a 30% warning for not showing up.
(Mar. 29, 2009  9:02 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: kai12 has received a 30% warning for not showing up.

Ok, seems fair. Thanks.
He sent me this message:

kai12 Wrote:--beybrad im leveing this fourm cuz you guys don.t trust me so later jerks
Quote:well my parents did.t think they were gonna show up and i should ve tould them my phonenumber

lol
(Mar. 30, 2009  1:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: He sent me this message:

Wow, I guess he was so infuriated, he forgot to use spell-check. XD
Kai12 Wrote:--beybrad im leveing this fourm cuz you guys don.t trust me so later jerks
Kai12 Wrote:well my parents did.t think they were gonna show up and i should ve tould them my phonenumber

How mature lol
(Mar. 30, 2009  1:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: He sent me this message:

You think I'm a jerk? *teardrop*
Wow...........
If he didn't think we were gonna show up, he should have called......=/
aright its been months since this happened and peaple should get over it im sorry if i did't show if you think i should called them to let them know if it still gonna happend they should of called me i feel a little strange calling peaple that i don.t frickin know and im sorry for not showing up
It's kool. But clean up your posts please? They are hard to read sometimes.