[LTD] Rock Gemios 85CS

Rock Gemios 85CS

And you guys are looking at me, asking: Why the hell Rock Gemios 85CS?
Well, I'm not sure at all. This is my first real testing and I was thinking about a Balance Type Combo. In the end it's more like an idea I want to present, the results are not bad, but... you'll see Wink
The layout is stolen from Wombat's post Eee

Overview:

Equipment:

Part's Condition:

Testing:

Stamina/Spin Stealing (Click to View)

It was just an idea, something like an balance / counter attack like beyblade. In the end it performed okay, but nothing someone would use in tournament (besides me maybe...). I'll keep up with the idea of 85CS for some counter attack combos and maybe I can find a good metal wheel.
That's it, I hope it was worth posting, otherwise you can delete it of course Tongue_out_wink
And if you have any suggestion for metal wheels, changes in general of combos for testing, feel free to reply!

Best regards Smile
Aw, thanks for crediting me with the layout design (not that I would have noticed if you hadn't said anything lol).

It's certainly an interesting combo, though the design and play style seem a lot like MF-H Bakushin Leone 90RSF. You said you used an aggressive CS, so was it always aggressive or were you able to launch it stationary for some matchups?

The one battle I have question about is vs. the Burn Tornado Staller, were both Beyblades moving aggressively around the edge of the Stadium, or if CS was stationary, did you Sliding Shoot or Tornado Stall MF? Basically it would help if you clarified launch technique for each battle.

And don't worry, of course it was worth posting. All legitimate tests and combos should be posted, because even if the matchup doesn't go the way you want or if the combo isn't as effective as some others, it's just as important to know what doesn't work as it is to know what does.
Interesting results, DrigerGatling. Actually, thank you for posting this; it's been a while seen I've seen anything posted in the Limited sub-forum, haha.

I don't see, however, what attributes this would have as a balance setup. Generally, when CS is used for Balance, it's placed with a higher track. It'd be interesting, in my opinion to see this Rock with an RSF or RB - and considerably a change of Clear Wheel, too - for a defense combo, though, seeing as it's pretty similar to Bakushin appearance-wise. Rock really wouldn't have any attack purpose or the upper-hand over top-tier metal wheels. CS can be used for it's aggression, but probably shouldn't be with Rock.
Thanks for the replies Wink

Quote:You said you used an aggressive CS, so was it always aggressive or were you able to launch it stationary for some matchups?
Yeah, I was able to do both, most of the time I tried to launch it aggressive, against Earth Cygnus R145RB as well, but in this case a defensive launch would be a lot better as it can't KO RB in anyway, just waisting power...

Quote:The one battle I have question about is vs. the Burn Tornado Staller, were both Beyblades moving aggressively around the edge of the Stadium, or if CS was stationary, did you Sliding Shoot or Tornado Stall MF? Basically it would help if you clarified launch technique for each battle.
I used the aggresive launch just a couple of times. When I launched Rock defensive, I always used Sliding Shoot on MF. But I can't tell the outcome for these rounds.
I can redo this battles tomorrow and try both ways Wink

Quote:It'd be interesting, in my opinion to see this Rock with an RSF or RB - and considerably a change of Clear Wheel, too - for a defense combo, though, seeing as it's pretty similar to Bakushin appearance-wise. Rock really wouldn't have any attack purpose or the upper-hand over top-tier metal wheels. CS can be used for it's aggression, but probably shouldn't be with Rock.
You're right! I will look for a replacement for Rock on this CS combo, maybe I can try out somthing with Rock 85RB later then Wink
Interesting combo i might test this out soon if i have the time.
Ooh, a combination thread!

This is really interesting; I'm actually really glad to see someone testing out Rock, since it's generally agreed that it was severely underrated in its day. IIRC th!nk saw some serious potential in it, and he tested Rock MF informally before he left and got some great results, so looking into Rock Balance customs is certainly an important project to undertake.

As for the combo itself, Rock CS is something I've actually been wondering about for a while now, but I figured recoil and Stamina would be a problem (looks like that's the case - although, using Cancer or Cygnus would likely help with that quite a bit).

The results aren't that promising, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't keep looking for something better.

Honey Wrote:Generally, when CS is used for Balance, it's placed with a higher track.

Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but what CS Balance customs are you referring to? Besides CS Stamina/Defense hybrids, which are essentially just Stamina types that happen to have enough Defense to land them in the Balance section, there aren't any that I'm aware of, and even those are Balance customs of a completely different nature than this one, in the sense that this is an attempt to utilize CS' aggression. I wouldn't say that CS is only applicable on high Tracks.

I also still maintain that there is little data on Rock currently, and that it is generally considered an underrated part, so any testing we have on it would be welcome (especially on Balance setups, which appear to suit it better than anything else).

I do agree that Rock RSF/RB would be cool to look into, though (I personally prefer RSF for that, but that may be because I can't get much aggression out of my RB)
(Apr. 14, 2015  2:46 AM)TheBlackDragon Wrote: Forgive me if I'm missing something here, but what CS Balance customs are you referring to? Besides CS Stamina/Defense hybrids, which are essentially just Stamina types that happen to have enough Defense to land them in the Balance section, there aren't any that I'm aware of, and even those are Balance customs of a completely different nature than this one, in the sense that this is an attempt to utilize CS' aggression. I wouldn't say that CS is only applicable on high Tracks.

I was in reference to TH170 and 230 ones, though I do see where you're coming from; I don't even really know why I even posted that even knowing that it was for it's aggression. Sorry about that.
Interesting combo. I'd like to see more stamina results because 65% isn't really enough to warrant a potential top tier combo.

@TheBlackDragon CS is used on E230 combos usually.
CS is also good on SR200, just an fyi. I belieive it was Duo something SR200CS that was/is/was talked about being top tier.
I like the use of Rock. I mean, its solo spin-time has always been good, and that (to me) warranted some looking. Of course, the recoil ended up killing its viability in Standard. As soon as I heard about Limited, though, I wondered what could be done with Rock.

I also remember it being a solid Attack option for a little while (never top tier, but somewhat competitive), picking up not too far behind Leone as far as use goes. I feel like its compact size compared to its weight and shape does warrant some form of testing for balance usage.

That said, I doubt it would end up as anything other than an every once in a while combo for funsies, or an above-average/average balance combo at a tournament. It might win you a round or two, but it won't win the whole thing.
Maybe if you used Bakushin instead of Rock it would be a lot better since Bakushin has less recoil and it has a massive slope so it has great defense.