[LTD] MSF-H Dark Knight Bregirados T125RS (WIP)

MSF-H Dark Knight Bregirados T125RS (WIP)

Introduction (Click to View)

Parts Choice (Click to View)

Conclusion (Click to View)
Yo, Hype wasn't at Anime North. It's Blasterjoker1 you're in reference to, lol.

The results aren't so great and it's not tier-list worthy but it definitely got some good results against Libra TH170D, even despite Libra-because of its weight-being less prone to getting KO'ed than other wheels in placed with TH170D.

Bregirados's results against Omega didn't really reflect on the ones we saw at Anime North. Blasterjoker's win against you was in my opinion, sheer luck. The win could have easily been in favor of you.

Thanks for the testings regardless! Smile
This combo has pretty much the same concept as MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RSF, which I have used to great success since the inception of Limited Format (at A YEAR: The Month of Frozen Heads, to be specific). And if you take a peek at the Winning Combinations list for Limited, you will see that variations of it have become a popular choice for other Toronto Bladers as well.

Combos like this absolutely annihilate anything that is lower than 230 and stationary. In my experience, MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RSF can KO Libra 85RB with relative ease as well. The things it has trouble with are Attack, F230CF/GCF, and 230-height combos in general. That said, it still has a chance in all of these situations, which is what makes it great. It's like a passive Attack type that has enough power and speed to KO things, but not so much speed that self-KOing is a huge fear.

I would lean towards using Wyvang for this combo, personally. It has just as good, if not better Smash, and is also the heaviest Chrome Wheel available. And Samurai is one of the heaviest Crystal Wheels (although I know you have no other choice if you want left-spin). This weight is important because with combos like these, you are aiming to take advantage of recoil and minimize your chances of self-KOing because of it.

As for RS ... it's an interesting one. I did a ton of testing prior to Anime North with MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RS because I knew that while most people would be thinking about RS from a defensive perspective, I wanted to see if I could find a way to use it offensively. My hope was that it would reduce the recoil on the combo and allow for more reliable KOs. My only worry was the sacrifice in movement speed, so I spent a lot of time testing it using the Rev-Up Launcher.

It performed well enough, but from my perspective, the movement afforded by RSF is more valuable than the increased defense afforded by RS. RS can move pretty quickly, but you walk a fine line between legality/illegality when you reach the point when yours moves around a lot without a Rev-Up (the RS Blasterjoker01 used at AN is probably illegal now, for example).
(Jun. 06, 2015  11:23 PM)Mitsu Wrote: Yo, Hype wasn't at Anime North. It's Blasterjoker1 you're in reference to, lol.

Bregirados's results against Omega didn't really reflect on the ones we saw at Anime North. Blasterjoker's win against you was in my opinion, sheer luck. The win could have easily been in favor of you.

Wait, really? This entire time I misheard it and thought everyone was calling him Classikjoker, and since Hype is the guy that's usually some form of Classik I assumed they were the same person, haha. My mistake.

While it's true that the testing results I got here aren't the same as what happened at Anime North, I wouldn't say it was sheer luck. Using Bregirados, statistically he would have had a 23% chance of beating me, although he was using Saramanda against me so he would have had less recoil and one set of testing isn't really enough to base a statement like that on. I'll be totally honest here, when I first saw this combo I underestimated it because it seemed to be random parts thrown together. It wasn't until the RS controversy with Dark_Mousy that I realized "oh wow he knows what he's doing and he really put a lot of thought into designing this".

(Jun. 07, 2015  12:11 AM)Kei Wrote: This combo has pretty much the same concept as MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RSF, which I have used to great success since the inception of Limited Format (at A YEAR: The Month of Frozen Heads, to be specific). And if you take a peek at the Winning Combinations list for Limited, you will see that variations of it have become a popular choice for other Toronto Bladers as well.

As for RS ... it's an interesting one. I did a ton of testing prior to Anime North with MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RS because I knew that while most people would be thinking about RS from a defensive perspective, I wanted to see if I could find a way to use it offensively. My hope was that it would reduce the recoil on the combo and allow for more reliable KOs. My only worry was the sacrifice in movement speed, so I spent a lot of time testing it using the Rev-Up Launcher.

It performed well enough, but from my perspective, the movement afforded by RSF is more valuable than the increased defense afforded by RS. RS can move pretty quickly, but you walk a fine line between legality/illegality when you reach the point when yours moves around a lot without a Rev-Up (the RS Blasterjoker01 used at AN is probably illegal now, for example).

While I'm aware of the Wyvang RSF/RB setups (and Lightning RB as well) I always thought that they were supposed to be more Attack-oriented and mobile as opposed to RS which was generally supposed to be stationary and KO things using recoil. For example, the reason I beat Stormscorpio1 at Anime North was because his RB wasn't aggressive enough to KO Jade WD, while Bregirados RS could probably have KOed it a few times without much prior movement.

Did you ever end up using MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RS at AN? It would have to have been on Friday, since that was when you didn't place. If you did how did it work in an actual tournament setting?

As for the movement issue, that was one of the problems I was thinking Omega RS would run into, with it being too stationary to the point where most things could avoid any serious contact with it. I was thinking RS could provide more grip, and once I saw Blasterjoker1 use Bregirados I realized that was how you could give it more movement without sacrificing any Defense. But you're right, RSF/RB is probably better for this type of thing especially with how fast RS wears down (after only these and the Libra RS tests I did about a month ago mine is probably illegal too).
Please excuse my ignorance, but what does WIP mean?

Anyway, interesting concept, I can't test that exact combo, but I'll mess around with beyblades using that idea.
(Jun. 07, 2015  10:08 PM)Dual Wrote: Please excuse my ignorance, but what does WIP mean?

Anyway, interesting concept, I can't test that exact combo, but I'll mess around with beyblades using that idea.

Work In Progress. It just means that the combo I posted isn't "the final draft" and I just wanted input from the rest of the WBO on how to improve it.
Oh, I was thinking it was some sort of beyblade term, haha. My bad.
(Jun. 07, 2015  9:05 PM)Wombat Wrote: While I'm aware of the Wyvang RSF/RB setups (and Lightning RB as well) I always thought that they were supposed to be more Attack-oriented and mobile as opposed to RS which was generally supposed to be stationary and KO things using recoil. For example, the reason I beat Stormscorpio1 at Anime North was because his RB wasn't aggressive enough to KO Jade WD, while Bregirados RS could probably have KOed it a few times without much prior movement.

Did you ever end up using MSF-H Samurai Wyvang R145RS at AN? It would have to have been on Friday, since that was when you didn't place. If you did how did it work in an actual tournament setting?

As for the movement issue, that was one of the problems I was thinking Omega RS would run into, with it being too stationary to the point where most things could avoid any serious contact with it. I was thinking RS could provide more grip, and once I saw Blasterjoker1 use Bregirados I realized that was how you could give it more movement without sacrificing any Defense. But you're right, RSF/RB is probably better for this type of thing especially with how fast RS wears down (after only these and the Libra RS tests I did about a month ago mine is probably illegal too).

They are indeed supposed to be more Attack-oriented and mobile. The reason for that in my experience after testing with RS is because they are more successful when oriented that way. RS is usable for the job, and it might actually work much the same against the most stationary and light of combos, but once you start trying to KO Defense with it, the slower movement might be a hindrance.

I beieve I used it once at MFB BeyBattle Revolution with the Rev-Up Launcher against @[Suntailhawk] and lost (can't recall what he used). It moved around almost like an RF, which is incredible. And this is kind of a secondary thing, but while we're on this topic: the thing with the Rev-Up is that it's hard to launch purposefully. You're often going to launch slightly early or slightly late with it because of the timing involved with it's use. And because of that, it's hard to do very precise movements when launching. In any case, I think it would be interesting for people to do more testing with this type of combo using RS in combination with the Rev-Up Launcher; it's the only real and undeniably legal way of overcoming the lack of movement of RS.