[LTD] Libra vs Earth vs Bakushin vs Scythe: A Limited Format Defense Wheel Comparison

[Image: LTD_Bakushin_vs_Scythe_vs_Earth_vs_Libra.png]
________________________________________________________________________________________

Libra vs Earth vs Bakushin vs Scythe
Limited Format Defense Wheel Comparison

________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey everyone, how's it going? So recently, I decided to do comparisons between our present top-tier wheels for Defense, and even in other areas, Libra, Earth, Scythe and Bakushin, to see which of the four does best in certain Defense areas; LTDCs, HTDCs, as well as MTDCs. With that in mind, let's begin, then!
______________________________________________________________________________________

Before we get onto the testings, however, lets take a look at the fours' weights. Just to mention, though, my Libra is one of which from the BB-96, and an A2 mold. (Click to View)
______________________________________________________________________________________

Equipment Used (Click to View)

Battle Notes (Click to View)

LTDC Comparison Testings:

Libra 85RSF: 82.5% Average
Libra Results (Click to View)

Earth Leone 85RSF: 74% Average
Earth Results (Click to View)

Bakushin Leone 85RSF: 64% Average
Bakushin Results (Click to View)

Scythe Leone 85RSF: 70% Average
Scythe Results (Click to View)
________________________________________________________________________________​______

MTDC Comparison Testings:

Libra GB145RSF: 73% Average

Earth Aquario GB145RSF: 62.5% Average

Bakushin Aquario GB145RSF: 52.5% Average

Scythe Aquario GB145RSF: 62.5% Average
________________________________________________________________________________​​______

HTDC Comparison Testings:

Libra 230RSF: 67% Average

Earth Cancer 230RSF: 70% Average

Bakushin Cancer 230RSF: 63% Average

Scythe Cancer 230RSF: 57% Average

Overall Results (Click to View)
Very interesting topic.

Definitely something neat to look into; as far as the "best" Defensive options go.
I would suggest doing tests with MTAC against the MTDC and LTDC; I think that mid-height combos will perform very differently than LTAC, especially against Bakushin, which from my experience does poorly against other LTAC (as you found) but causes mid-track combos to just glance off its sloped sides. If you look at any of the other Defense options out there, they all have somewhat recoil-y top sides, except for Bakushin. I expect Bakushin LTDC will do better against MTAC than any other LTDC out there.

Not to discredit the enormous amount of work this must have taken, haha. I think this is worth considering, though. I will do tests of my own if I have time later tonight.
Shido (not calling you Honey, haha) , you are the man. This thread is, like, completely great.

The only thing is, Like Cake said, Bakushin is designed to work well against mid-height Attack customs; LTACs aren't its strong point.

But dang, the Earth vs. Scythe vs. Libra stuff is incredibly valuable information. Kudos.
i think libra is the best for stanima defense and balance so libra is the best one
(Feb. 05, 2015  12:13 AM)titan tite Wrote: i think libra is the best for stanima defense and balance so libra is the best one
It's not necessarily the best option. It depends on the match up. For example if it's on a high track like 230 MTAC's wreck it because it's underside doesn't take attacks well. Also I would argue that it isn't the best for stamina out of these. I'd personally pick Scythe or Earth over Libra for stamina.

Also fantastic thread Honey (that just sounds so weird), this is quite good knowledge to have. I'm so glad someone finally tested and compared the defensive options for limited.
Ooh... just read more closely and realized most of these results are only 10 rounds.

Shido, do you think you might be able to do ten more for the ones that have been cut short? Considering the fact that this is Attack testing, 10 round tests cut at a 70% win rate don't provide the most reliable information.

Not trying to be nitpicky, but you know.
Corn Wrote:I would suggest doing tests with MTAC against the MTDC and LTDC; I think that mid-height combos will perform very differently than LTAC, especially against Bakushin, which from my experience does poorly against other LTAC (as you found) but causes mid-track combos to just glance off its sloped sides.

TheBlackDragon Wrote:Bakushin is designed to work well against mid-height Attack customs; LTACs aren't its strong point.

Well, obviously guys, they were going to needed to be done. That's also what this thread is for; to point out a defense wheels strong and week areas, whereas Bakushin doesn't, like you guys said, doesn't do great against LTACs. Tongue_out

TheBlackDragon Wrote:Shido, do you think you might be able to do ten more for the ones that have been cut short? Considering the fact that this is Attack testing, 10 round tests cut at a 70% win rate don't provide the most reliable information.

Yeah, I'd definitely be willing to comes the weekend. Hopefully they'll give more accurate results.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

EDIT: On another note, definitely do appreciate these compliments, haha. Thanks guys. Smile

Thunder Dome Wrote:Also fantastic thread Honey (that just sounds so weird), this is quite good knowledge to have. I'm so glad someone finally tested and compared the defensive options for limited.

OMG, senpai noticed me!!