[LTD] Giga Flat (GF) Discussion

Poll: Giga Flat; potentially a competitive peice in Limited?

Most definitely, yes!
22.22%
More testings will tell whether it is or not.
77.78%
Is this really even a question? No, it isn't.
0%
Total: 100% 9 vote(s)
[LTD] Giga Flat (GF) Discussion:

Hello everyone, and welcome to the [LTD] Giga Flat (GF) Discussion! I saw that there weren't any Limited threads relating to this, so I though it was about time there was, hah. Anyways, I took the initiative to write up the following things, consisting of The Focused Concept of The Tip, The Testings, and more. So without further, lets begin!

The Focused Concept of The Tip:

''What does GF mainly have use for?'', one asks. Giga Flat's use in the BB-10 is mainly focused on left spin, spin equalizers. In Standard, an example of one can be Killerken Dragoon BD145GF; however, the problem is that us users don't have access to both BD145, nor Killerken Dragoon, or in other words, a synchrome in Limited. With that being said, we'd need to find the closest alternative, which would utilize left spin, GF, and a smooth wheel like Killerken (though feel free to post other testings not involving the two). That of course would be discussed using this thread.

Equipment being Used:

The Launch:

Notes:
  • The Giga Flat variation will be launched first all rounds.
  • I'll note conditions of pieces each and every battle.
  • All self KO's will be re-done, of course.
  • Throughout battles utilizing Scythe variations, I'll be using the AA2 mold.

The Testings:

Girago Dark Knight's number of OS'S, KO'S, and overall win percentage:

Testings utilizing Giga Flat from other users:
Any reason why you didn't do 20 rounds of tests at all?
(Aug. 03, 2014  1:57 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: Any reason why you didn't do 20 rounds of tests at all?

I did around 150 tests alone, so I figured ten would be best in this case.
20 has always been the minimum amount, barring extremely one-sided matches.
(Aug. 03, 2014  2:02 AM)*Ginga* Wrote: 20 has always been the minimum amount, barring extremely one-sided matches.

I honestly hope it doesn't get closed for such a reason. I'd honestly be willing to add on ten to each: I put a whole lot of thought and preparation into this thread, as well..
Great job. The OP looks real nice! Lots of testing too (lot and lots of it... holy shoot, I hardly ever do that much for 1 thread, haha).

Just a couple questions. First off, is Dark Knight Girago (Crystal Up) well-balanced? I tried Dark Knight with several different Chrome Wheels, and I couldn't find an efficient spin-stealing setup (well, not as efficient as Standard/ZRG format Dragooon customs, but that's to be expected; the best one I could come up with was Dark Knight Genbull, but I don't actually remember if I tried Girago), so if Girago works well, then that opens up a lot of potential for Dark Knight F230CF/GCF.

Also, do you think you could test Dark Knight Girago (Crystal Up) TR145GF and Dark Knight Girago (Crystal Up) D125GF against Earth (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades/whatever else you wanna use) W145WD? I just want to see if they can out-spin a 145-height Stamina setup, since they don't seem to be able to take down B : D (at least, not by out-spin).

And if you have a little extra time, it would be really cool to test them against MSF-H Libra TH170CS.

Thanks again, Midnight! Great job. Smile

EDIT: Oh, just realized every single set of results is only ten rounds. Confused That's not good.

You should probably double everything up, especially with something like this, where the average win rate was 54%, and most of the matches were close (ten rounds can be acceptable for ridiculously one-sided matches, but yah, in this case I think it's probably not the best idea).
(Aug. 03, 2014  2:10 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Great job. The OP looks real nice! Lots of testing too (lot and lots of it... holy shoot, I hardly ever do that much for 1 thread, haha).

Thanks again, Midnight! Great job. Smile

Thanks! I'm glad to hear this, especially coming from you! As for the testings, I managed to get them all done in a couple of days, though I had quite fun doing them, haha.

(Aug. 03, 2014  2:10 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Just a couple questions. First off, is Dark Knight Girago (Crystal Up) well-balanced? I tried Dark Knight with several different Chrome Wheels, and I couldn't find an efficient spin-stealing setup (well, not as efficient as Standard/ZRG format Dragooon customs, but that's to be expected; the best one I could come up with was Dark Knight Genbull, but I don't actually remember if I tried Girago), so if Girago works well, then that opens up a lot of potential for Dark Knight F230CF/GCF.

It's decent, balance wise, although of course it's terribly unbalanced when launched at full speed, though then again, Giga Flat on heavier variations regularly always was, hah. Was Dark Knight Genbull able to do semi decent, as well? I'd be sure to try it out, in addition to both Reviser and Killerken ones. I wouldn't say it works so well; I really wanted to tests out Girago, as it is quite round, and it does have a fair amount of both smash and recoil as an alternative, if it of course can't get the job done spin stealing. Keep in mind that it only pulled off a total of 54%, too.

(Aug. 03, 2014  2:10 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: Also, do you think you could test Dark Knight Girago (Crystal Up) TR145GF and Dark Knight Girago (Crystal Up) D125GF against Earth (Cancer/Cygnus/Hades/whatever else you wanna use) W145WD? I just want to see if they can out-spin a 145-height Stamina setup, since they don't seem to be able to take down B : D (at least, not by out-spin).

I assume you're referring to Crystal Down, hence that Dark Knight Girago. If not, I already did those testings. But yes, I will do those testings later on.

(Aug. 03, 2014  2:10 AM)TʜᴇBʟᴀᴄᴋDʀᴀɢᴏɴ Wrote: And if you have a little extra time, it would be really cool to test them against MSF-H Libra TH170CS.

Sorry, but I don't own either a TH170, nor a CS. Hopefully someone can post results along the lines of that, though.

Edit: I'll double 'em all up tomorrow. Once again, really don't want to have to risk having this thread closed after all the time I put into it. Unhappy
Definitely double up, othwerwise, cool thread. I'd love to see a few tests of something like Samurai Dragoon (Crystal Down) ___ GF or even Meteo L-Drago ___GF.
(Aug. 03, 2014  12:07 PM)Leone19 Wrote: Definitely double up, othwerwise, cool thread.

Awesome, glad you like it!

(Aug. 03, 2014  12:07 PM)Leone19 Wrote: I'd love to see a few tests of something like Samurai Dragoon (Crystal Down) ___ GF or even Meteo L-Drago ___GF.

As for these testings, I'll get Samurai Dragoon tests up later on once I'm finished doubling the original results, though I don't own a Meteo anymore, so I myself wouldn't be able to do those testings. However, I told Ryùzaki about this thread earlier on, and asked him about Meteo ones, saying that he'd get them up when the thread is.
I think right now for extra weight a Meteo custom would be best for GF. I'd also be curious for tests comparing it to Meteo L Drago CH120XF.
You definitely put a lot of effort into this ~Midnight~! Really well put together and nice amount of testing.

Whilst people are saying "double up" I certainly saw you done you best testing. Testing isn't an easy thing to do, so you guys should give him some credit.

I hope to help you out with this dude. Definitely, there is some stuff I'd love to test this against, but cannot do it myself atm. Could you possibly do a request ? ...
(Aug. 03, 2014  1:17 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: You definitely put a lot of effort into this ~Midnight~! Really well put together and nice amount of testing.

Thanks, man! That was much appreciated.

(Aug. 03, 2014  1:17 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Whilst people are saying "double up" I certainly saw you done you best testing. Testing isn't an easy thing to do, so you guys should give him some credit.

Although 150 testings is quite a lot alone, I can still agree on them mentioning doubling them up, as 20 is the minimum, at least from what I know.

(Aug. 03, 2014  1:17 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I hope to help you out with this dude. Definitely, there is some stuff I'd love to test this against, but cannot do it myself atm. Could you possibly do a request ? ...

Thank you! I assume you have both Meteo, XF, and GF, no? If you do manage to find the time, you be able to do *Ginga*'s requests, involving Meteo_GF tests, and comparison ones using Meteo L-Drago CH120XF. Back on topic, what is your request? Depending on what it is, I'll try to get it done. (◠‿◠)
Yeah, I have them both. Hopefully I can do *Ginga*'s tests soon.

Do you have Samurai? I wanted you to do Shinobi Samurai 85R2F. Shinobi has a lot of smash, so I want t ee if it can KO GF.
(Aug. 03, 2014  1:55 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Yeah, I have them both. Hopefully I can do *Ginga*'s tests soon.

Do you have Samurai? I wanted you to do Shinobi Samurai 85R2F. Shinobi has a lot of smash, so I want t ee if it can KO GF.

That's two Crystal Wheels, so he can't test that, hah.
Ah, forgive me! I meant to say Shinobi/Samurai Wyvang.
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:27 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Ah, forgive me! I meant to say Shinobi/Samurai Wyvang.

I don't own a Wyvang, yo.

Would Bahamdia be good, although there's pretty big difference?
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:33 PM)~Midnight~ Wrote:
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:27 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: Ah, forgive me! I meant to say Shinobi/Samurai Wyvang.

I don't own a Wyvang, yo.

Would Bahamdia be good, although there's pretty big difference?
I suppose Bahamdia would be an okay substitute. Is there anyway you could borrow one, no ? I can possibly get tests up in 15 days. It would really help if you could.

Thanks ~Midnight~. Smile
(Aug. 03, 2014  5:27 PM)Ryûzaki Wrote: I suppose Bahamdia would be an okay substitute. Is there anyway you could borrow one, no ? I can possibly get tests up in 15 days. It would really help if you could.

Thanks ~Midnight~. Smile

In that case, I'll if I can do any next Sunday. There are members like LMAO, Kei, and possibly Pockyx3 (if he shows up..) that possibly wouldn't mind letting borrow one of the ones they own.

On another note, I'm just about finished doubling everything up. I'll get to Leone19's request, as well. I should have a couple new tests involving Girago Dark Knight, too!
Yeah sure, we can test together before the next tournament starts!

Good job on this thread ~Midnight~! The effort really shows! Smile
Just edited the OP with the doubled, twenty round testings. I assume that it'd be better, as it is the minimum.

As for more of my tests and the ones Leone19 asked for, I don't have them done just yet, however, I should get them done soon: for the most part, I'll be busy the majority of the day tomorrow, so I won't have access to doing testings. I'll get 'em up by Tuesday at the latest, though.

(Aug. 03, 2014  6:08 PM)LMAO Wrote: Yeah sure, we can test together before the next tournament starts!

Awesome, it'd be great to have more!

(Aug. 03, 2014  6:08 PM)LMAO Wrote: Good job on this thread ~Midnight~! The effort really shows! Smile

Thank you, as well. Smile