[LTD] Forbidden Discussion

Limited Format Forbidden Discussion
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Thanks to TheBlackDragon for the title format :3

I'm loving the implications of the Limited Format!

Forbidden is too light for Defense, and has too much recoil for Stamina (Past experience). However, I find that Forbidden is like an offense minded Flame, the two lobes lumps on the wides help add smash. So, I'll mainly be testing LTAC or as a Attack-Destabilizer because I can't really see it doing well on higher tracks. It does look like a rounder, smaller, Flame-like Flash to me.

Testing Equipment (Click to View)

Attack Tests (Click to View)

Solo Spin Times (Click to View)

Forbidden Visual Recoil Test & Stamina Test (Click to View)

I don't have access to RSF, TH170, W145 or newer parts, so sorry bout that. Please, do test away, it's always appreciated.
Tests not done in order.

My Limited collection is: (Click to View)
Forbidden seems very interesting to me and could potentially lead up to something very good and useful for the Limited format if used correctly. Although I currently have no experience with Forbidden because I do not own one myself (No idea why Hasbro had it out in stores for months), but the tests looks pretty promising to me. Hopefully we will get more inputs and tests on this because it seems pretty cool.
The Attack Tests really suprised me; 40%, WOW.
I think Forbidden needs some Tornado Staller tests, though it may not do so good, unless your Forbidden isn't as loose as mine.
Update:

Added Pictures to OP
Due to the really low win-rate this had against 230 and the inability to OS when it was close, I've decided to try a Metal Flat variant, a CH120 variant, and a FB variant. Tests to follow.

Thunder Dome
It is really interesting, I really think it's a baby Flash, like, premature baby. Tests would really be needed

Striker Phantom
I'll try some Tornado Stall tests, using FB and MF. My Forbidden isn't loose, yours much be a manufacturing flaw Unhappy
Are you referring to the Basalt test? Yeah, I really was surprised by that too.
(Dec. 06, 2013  10:20 PM)Kujikato Wrote: Update:

Added Pictures to OP
Due to the really low win-rate this had against 230 and the inability to OS when it was close, I've decided to try a Metal Flat variant, a CH120 variant, and a FB variant. Tests to follow.

Nice.
Obviously for MF, use W145MF
For a CH120 variant, I guess CH120MF would be suffice
For FB(which I really love), try W145FB. Also TR145FB; I wanna see how mix works.Stupid
I once had it and it had hgh recoil. Should only be used with Rubber tips.
MF would help hold it down a bit. Forbidden doesn't have super high recoil, just a more-than-optimal amount. I also LOVE FB, and I've been trying to find a usage for it (hint: I've found one in Lefty).

I'll be doing:
Recoil Test (Mirror matchups)
90 MF 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
90 FB 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
CH120 RF
CH120 MF 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
CH120 FB 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
In that order

Because... I sadly don't have W145 or TR145 (it's in the OP) Unhappy
Though I think TR145 wouldn't help it much, mainly because it would be too tall and obstruct it's contact points on the underside of the wheel (the overhanging lobe). W145 would be very interesting though.
(Dec. 06, 2013  10:34 PM)Kujikato Wrote: MF would help hold it down a bit. Forbidden doesn't have super high recoil, just a more-than-optimal amount. I also LOVE FB, and I've been trying to find a usage for it (hint: I've found one in Lefty).

I'll be doing:
Recoil Test (Mirror matchups)
90 MF 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
90 FB 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
CH120 RF
CH120 MF 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
CH120 FB 2x (one for KO, other for OS)
In that order

Because... I sadly don't have W145 or TR145 (it's in the OP) Unhappy
Though I think TR145 wouldn't help it much, mainly because it would be too tall and obstruct it's contact points on the underside of the wheel (the overhanging lobe). W145 would be very interesting though.

Be sure to report back as soon as possible.
Huh...How about SR200(I'm really just throwing random stuff at you)?
IDK, lolz.

It wouldn't be heavy enough for a track that tall. I've tried it on 230, and it just.. fails.

I'm testing atm.

EDIT: MF or FB don't work on Forbidden, mainly because Forbidden 1. is too light 2. doesn't have enough smash to KO without a rubber tip. That being said, I'll try to test CH120 starting next week, leaving on a trip tomorrow.