[LTD]Dark Knight/Ronin Discussion

:: MFB: Limited ::
Dark Knight/Ronin Discussion

This thread is to discuss the use of Dark Knight/Ronin in the Limited metagame. I initially tested this to find Dark Knight/Ronin's attack capabilities compared to other attackers. It's really only shown promise in attack so far.

Equipment:

Benchmark:

VS. Attack:

VS. Defense:

VS. Stamina

Th!nk's tests:

DRAGON KING's Tests

Ronin Girago:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Ronin-Zirago-85-RF

Ronin Gryph:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-MSF-...ased-LTACs

Thanks for reading. Smile
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1187502

I tested a bunch of stuff with DK here. Only Wyvang is really any good with it offensively (with Phoenic not being too bad), though DK is reallllllly good against taller opponents, sends them flying. Surprised you didn't get more out of it in your tests, maybe that's because GB145 really messes up Wyvangs balance compared to a well oriented R145 or w/e, and R145 is also heavier so there's not much of an advantage to using GB145 honestly.

Also for stamina Reviser is not really good choice, really poor balance overall.

Still, thanks for the tests Smile
The only thing I've found Dark Knight good with is Wyvang. It has to much recoil really to be used for defense or stamina. I did some tests and if I can find them I will post them at some point.

I'm actually not a big fan of Dark Night Wyvang, but it wrecked Earth GB145CS if I recall correctly.
Nice! But I advise using killerken for defence and stamina(if you don't wanna wear your Genbull.) Smile
(Jan. 18, 2014  5:57 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: Nice! But I advise using killerken for defence and stamina(if you don't wanna wear your Genbull.) Smile

I don't. It's better as an attack wheel honestly, without reviser giving it a round perimeter it is kinda recoil prone.
See here for example of attack use: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-MFB-Limi...pid1187680

Genbull would be interesting to see but really I don't think Dark Knight is a good defensive crystal wheel, it's really aggressive/recoily if it's making contact and not on RF.
Ohhh, sorry. Thanks for correcting me th!nk!
I agree about it not doing to well for defence or stamina. Although it would be interesting to have genbull tests.
I've included Th!nk's testing in the OP.

Since it's a discussion I figured I shoukd include tests in all types, for reapsns stated in the OP.

Yeah, sorry for the lack of tests, it's 11:00 P.M. where I live and I'm pretty tired. I may be able to do more tests tomorrow, any requests? I could do Dark Knight VS. HTSC/HTDC.

Edit: VS. HTSC:

Dark Knight Wyvang(Crystal UP)GB145R2F VS. Burn Gasher 230SD

Dark Knight: 9(7KO, 2OS)
Burn: 1(All OS)
Ties: 5

Dark Knight Win Percentage: 90%
I have a bunch of tests for this. I'll PM them to you or edit this. Yeah, pretty much Dark Knight really only has use in attack. I may be wrong, but from my testing, to much recoil, haha.
More tests added.

Last post, was nearly a year ago...
What needs testing?

I have DK.
Do you have Bahamoote/Bahamdia? Girago, Gryph, Balro?

Against Scythe 230RSF/RB if you can.
(Jan. 11, 2015  10:05 PM)Eminem* Wrote: Do you have Bahamoote/Bahamdia? Girago, Gryph, Balro?

Against Scythe 230RSF/RB if you can.

I've got Bahamdia and Begirados ( I remember a guy winning an Illinois tourney use Dark Night Begirados ____WSF.)

No scythe. I've got 230MB (could use Duo The Wobbler?)
Can you do Dark Knight Bahamdia 85R2F Vs. Duo/Earth 230RSF/RB?
I have MB, no RSF/ RB.

I'll do it with RF. I'm not too gray with attack though. I'm also gonna see if I have time to test DK stamina and that DK Begirados combo.
Cool thanks.

I don't think DK Stamina is going to do very great, haha. But you can, it helps. Against Earth or Burn or soemthing similair if you want to test it. Yeah, testing with DK Begirados would help. If you have a CH120 try that against a MTDC.
Ronin Genbull B: D proved to be decent Tongue_out

MF Duo Cancer 230MB vs Dark Knight Bahamdia 85RF Double KO Duo KO Duo KO
Duo 9 wins
DK 1 win
DK winrate: %10
So much recoil...everytime it made contact its either self KO or the recoil would make it go flying along with duo.

That may also be because my RF is in really good condition.
230 does pretty well against LTAC's thanks for the tests.
As far as 230 (and 230 MB) goes, Ronin Zirago 85 RF does pretty well.
Burn Cancer 85W2D vs Dark Knight Begirados D125WSF
DK win rate: %40

All the Burn KOs were Begirados getting SKOs and I started to do better with it once I got used to it. I recommend redoing these tests, I suck with attack .

Note that I disregarded a few rounds where DK barely touched Burn and SKOed.
Well, here's a link to my MSF-H Ronin Gryph 85RF thread: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-LTD-MSF-...ased-LTACs

In terms of the tier-list, again, I'm completely in favor of Girago, Bahamdia and Gryph being up there; not too sure about other Chrome Wheels, though. I'd say Pegasis and Killerken can be played with more.
Here are some MSF-H Ronin Wyvang 100RF tests I conducted yesterday.

MSF-H Ronin Wyvang 100RF versus Earth Cancer B:D
Bottoms in their Prime. Earth Cancer Launched First all Matches.
Ronin Wyvang: 15/20 (ALL KO) 75% Win Rate
Earth Cancer: 5/20 (4 OS, 1 KO) 25% Win Rate

Not surprising, but really good results; it got a bunch of OHKOs.

MSF-H Ronin Wyvang 100RF versus Libra 90RSF
Bottoms in their Prime. Libra Launched First all Matches.
Ronin Wyvang: 11/20 (ALL KO) 55% Win Rate
Libra: 9/20 (3 OS, 6 KOs) 45% Win Rate

Yeah, those six KOs Libra got off of Wyvang really goes to show some how recoil-y Wyvang can be; all of them were because of it. That in mind, I really wouldn't it on the tier-list as a Ronin LTAC, but the only downside is the recoil it has. Despite that, though, it at the same time has a lot of smash.
Shido, those results aren't too bad! But maybe do comparison tests with Ronin Wyvang and Ronin Zirago? Possibly against a Stamina combo?
Hato-Bokkun Wrote:Shido, those results aren't too bad! But maybe do comparison tests with Ronin Wyvang and Ronin Zirago? Possibly against a Stamina combo?

I don't see why I would against a Stamina combo, it would make more sense to test against Defense, no?

But yeah, I'll definitely do some comparisons.
Thanks for the tests, I'll try to do some with Girago and Wyvang tomorrow.
Shido, you get respect points for that Proof of Parts pic Wink