It's silly, It's weird: typing dungeon crawler Backspace Bouken releasing on Steam!

Hey guys! I've been a long-time poster and user here (I think this is the better place to post this?), so I figured I'd make a post about what else I do. I'm a game developer, and the game I'm a part of is releasing on Steam on December 13th! Go check it out and let us know what you think.  :D

You can follow us on Twitter or join our mailing list to keep up to date on the project! Or just post right here, because I'll be keeping track of this topic, too.
That’s awesome! I’ll try to get it. I’ve made a few games too!
(Jun. 02, 2019  8:50 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: That’s awesome! I’ll try to get it.  I’ve made a few games too!

That's really cool! What kinds of things have you made? And what have you used to make them, just out of curiosity? We're using Unity ourselves.
(Jun. 02, 2019  8:55 PM)Pich Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  8:50 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: That’s awesome! I’ll try to get it.  I’ve made a few games too!

That's really cool! What kinds of things have you made? And what have you used to make them, just out of curiosity? We're using Unity ourselves.
I haven’t tried unity yet. I made a simple arcade like game and a choose your own adventure game. I mainly use AppInventor and I’m testing stuff on python.
The two I’ve released are still in development but the beta versions have been released for Google Play.
This looks so cool! And really fun. You did a really great job.
(Jun. 02, 2019  8:58 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  8:55 PM)Pich Wrote: That's really cool! What kinds of things have you made? And what have you used to make them, just out of curiosity? We're using Unity ourselves.
I haven’t tried unity yet. I made a simple arcade like game and a choose your own adventure game. I mainly use AppInventor and I’m testing stuff on python.
The two I’ve released are still in development but the beta versions have been released for Google Play.

That's pretty awesome! I know a little bit of python myself, but haven't used it in years now, haha. AppInventor is something I hadn't heard of before, though. Definitely cool to learn of new stuff like that. There's so many cool, different ways to make games. I have an old game I made during college on Google Play as well (also made in Unity, though, haha). It's quite the competitive environment, but if you can survive, you can potentially gain a lot!

(Jun. 03, 2019  12:28 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: This looks so cool! And really fun. You did a really great job.

Thank you! I really appreciate you checking it out. The game's demo is available to anyone and supports Windows, Linux, and Mac if you want to give it a try. Smile
(Jun. 03, 2019  6:28 AM)Pich Wrote:
(Jun. 02, 2019  8:58 PM)UltimateMaster Wrote: I haven’t tried unity yet. I made a simple arcade like game and a choose your own adventure game. I mainly use AppInventor and I’m testing stuff on python.

That's pretty awesome! I know a little bit of python myself, but haven't used it in years now, haha. AppInventor is something I hadn't heard of before, though. Definitely cool to learn of new stuff like that. There's so many cool, different ways to make games. I have an old game I made during college on Google Play as well (also made in Unity, though, haha). It's quite the competitive environment, but if you can survive, you can potentially gain a lot!

(Jun. 03, 2019  12:28 AM)boigamer25 Wrote: This looks so cool! And really fun. You did a really great job.

Thank you! I really appreciate you checking it out. The game's demo is available to anyone and supports Windows, Linux, and Mac if you want to give it a try. Smile

Awesome, I once tried to make a game using HTML and JS
That sounds pretty hard. HTML is easy, but also really rough for something that complex I'd feel like haha. JavaScript is great, though. Unity actually uses JavaScript and C#, you can pick. So, it's actually quite easy to use if you know some JS already if you were ever interested. ^^
(Jun. 03, 2019  6:50 PM)Pich Wrote: That sounds pretty hard. HTML is easy, but also really rough for something that complex I'd feel like haha. JavaScript is great, though. Unity actually uses JavaScript and C#, you can pick. So, it's actually quite easy to use if you know some JS already if you were ever interested. ^^

It was quite annoying to make, i’ll probably install unity this summer
Hey guys! Wanted to update you all and tell you that Backspace Bouken is not only now on Steam, but also has a brand new Beta Demo out to try! You can download it right on our Steam page!

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/10971...ce_Bouken/

WHOA, this looks amazing! I rarely play games on PC but I will make an exception for a typing RPG with excellent art direction. And it's wonderful to see game devs in this community!
(Sep. 12, 2019  4:22 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: WHOA, this looks amazing! I rarely play games on PC but I will make an exception for a typing RPG with excellent art direction. And it's wonderful to see game devs in this community!

Wow! Didn't know you were still around Bey Brad! Thank you so much, I'm really glad you like the game and even more happy you like the art (I'm the artist!). It's a bit of an odd combination, but we think it's a neat one haha. 

I'll be keeping you guys posted for sure! Smile
Alright guys! I've made an update to the original post, but I'll also bump here.

Backspace Bouken comes out in one week on Steam! Friday, December 13th! Here's the release trailer:

We're really excited to have people play it and I'd love to know what you guys think! Head on over and give it a wishlist if you're interested in playing! Smile
Just a quick update to say it's out now! I'm so excited to have people play our weird little game. Grin

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/10971...ce_Bouken/
Purchase from Itch.Io: https://rngpartygames.itch.io/backspace-bouken
OST on Bandcamp: https://rngpartygames.bandcamp.com/album...soundtrack

You can also come chat with us on Discord! [Link redacted]