It's Time to Dual!

Roseville, MD
Tournament Results
SuperStar Card Gaming
7902 Belair Rd
5:00 PM on 02/15/2020
Format
Burst Classic

Selected Beyblade Burst gear can be used.

View Rulebook
Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
5 cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Host: The Supreme One

Location: This event will be held indoors at SuperStar Card Gaming

Time: As the tournament will start promptly at 5:00pm, please plan to arrive around 4:15pm when registration will begin. Registration will close at 4:45pm. If the participant cap has not been met at this time, waitlisted players will be offered a spot. Confirming your attendance on the WBO event page does not substitute for registration at the venue.

Prizes: Big Bang Genesis

Other Information:
Please come prepared. It is helpful for both hosts and judges if all participants bring at least one Takara Tomy or Hasbro-manufactured Beyblade of their own and more than one launcher when possible. Additionally, parents of children under the age of 13 must be present for the duration of the event, as tournament end times can be difficult to estimate, and we would hate for someone to be left behind once it is over.

Be aware of your belongings. We'd advise users to please, please look after your stuff. While yes this is a Beyblade tournament and we're not suggesting that any of us would attempt to take each other's stuff it is still happening at a public venue where other people (who may not be so friendly) are going to be present as well. Of course, if you see a personal belonging lying around bring it up any of the judges so we can return it to the right person. Your co-operation is appreciated!

All players must arrive on-time. The tournament will begin no later than 5:00 PM and is expected to run for about 2 hours, though if there is a large turnout it may take longer. Please plan accordingly. If you do not arrive at the scheduled start time, you risk being excluded from the tournament. The software we use to run our events–Challonge–does not allow us to add in extra participants once the tournament has started.

If you know in advance that you will be late, please post in this thread or contact someone at the event and depending on the circumstances we can perhaps still include you if we know you will arrive soon.

Spread the Word!
Are you as excited about the festivities as we are?! If so, be sure to tell your friends about it! And if you haven't already, follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook!
[Image: twitteric.png] @worldbeyblade
[Image: facebookic.png] WorldBeybladeOrganization

Spread the word! 
#BEYBLADE #MDBEYBLADE #WBO

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Yesterday was an extremely busy Beyblade day! Thanks to the venue once again for having us! Thanks to all the parents for bringing their bladers! Thanks to all the bladers for showing up! Thanks to the judges and organizers! And thanks to the balders for getting killed by mistletoe???

- Superstar Cardgaming is a good venue, but as always, a little cramped. We always have people milling around outside and in the halls, and at previous events it's gotten way out of hand. If bladers continue to misbehave and scream and litter at this venue, we might not be able to use the bathroom there, or hold tournaments there, or worse, the card shop could lose its lease. If a WBO event causes a business to close up, we might have to apply warning percentage to any bladers who negatively contributed towards that. Behave yourselves, bladers! Don't litter, don't run, don't shout, don't block passageways. And tell your parents not to do that either!

- Don't litter. Clean up after yourself. If you litter, you might be asked by the venue not to come back. If you're too young to understand not to litter, don't go to public events.

- Superstar Cardgaming is too cramped to run 4 beystadiums. Every time we try to have 4 stadiums, like yesterday, we realize very quickly that we only really have room for 3.

- We had 21 people total yesterday, out of 32 people who registered. That's 11 noshows! Actually more, since I see some unregistered people showed up to the tournament too. Some of you gave reasons! Most of you didn't. I'll be recording who didn't show up and didn't leave a reason, and at the second offense you'll be getting some warning percentage. For some of you, it's actually going to be the third offense, so you're going to get a bunch more warning percentage. There were other people who wanted to attend and didn't because the tournament was full, and you did them a disservice. Perhaps this additional warning percentage will steer you in the right direction, or at least prevent you from wasting tournament slots and preventing other people from playing the way you have been. You were all warned, numerous times, about this!

- Burst Classic is a fun format, but not one that people are readily familiar with. It's too much for new bladers and parents to understand. Most of the people who showed up hadn't read the rules and understood them, they just saw the words "Beyblade Tournament" and immediately stopped reading any and all clarifying details. Well, I'm used to that by now. But it doesn't make me any less disappointed in them.

- I decided to forego using the caution tape yesterday. A mistake. Orange cones are apparently not enough to keep bladers from entering the tournament match area. Don't knock over the orange cones. Don't MOVE the orange cones, they were put there for a reason!

- If a judge is in the middle of a match or running a tournament or otherwise busy with something, do not interrupt them and try to talk to them. Especially not if your questions aren't important. If you're just trying to say hey, or ask if they want to beyblade battle, or invite them to some other event, maybe save that for when they aren't currently busy making the tournament happen. Once the tournament begins, the judges and organizers shouldn't be spoken to unless you have an extremely good reason or an extremely important question and they aren't currently busy.

- Don't touch other people's beyblades and beyparts without permission. Don't touch other people's beyblades and beyparts without permission. Don't touch other people's beyblades and beyparts without permission. Don't touch other people's beyblades and beyparts without permission. Don't touch other people's beyblades and beyparts without permission.
If someone's launcher breaks? Don't immediately announce "OH I CAN FIX IT" and then immediately move to take the launcher from them.
You don't know if that person holding the launcher is already more experienced with fixing broken launchers than everyone else in the room (they are)
you don't know if the launcher was theirs or if it was borrowed from another person (it was),
you don't know if the owner of the launcher is okay with you trying to fix it (they're not),
and if someone says not to touch that launcher, you need to listen to them and not touch that launcher.
I regret that I had to raise my voice during this tournament, and I did raise my voice, but some of you don't listen.

- Don't leave the tournament before the top 8 in the finals are announced. You never know when we're going to find a serious issue that completely rearranges the top 8. You don't want to miss the finals just because you left early!

- We ran into a major tournament issue yesterday! One of the first round matches was reported incorrectly, DLSBlader3 vs geetster99 was reported as a win for DLSBlader3. But apparently geetster99 won that one. We didn't discover this error until the first stage had been entirely completed, and by then it was too late to change it in Challonge! (NEVER hit finalize tournament on Challonge.)
Errors in reporting from the first stage resonate outward, creating a horrible butterfly effect that makes the entire tournament go slightly wrong. DLSBlader3 should've faced someone who also lost their first round match in round two. geetster99 should've faced someone who'd won their first round match.
Aside from Challonge setting up incorrect match assignments, this also messed with the Buchholz values of every blader at the end of the first stage! Buchholz is determined by checking the number of wins all your opponents had, ignoring the highest and lowest ones, and adding the rest. So, everyone who faced DLSBlader3 and geetster99 in the tournament original would have 3 points potential Buchholz from having battled either of those bladers. But after the record is correctly, DLSBlader3 is worth 2 in Buchholz, and geetster99 is worth 4!
We had to recalculate the buchholz of every blader who face either of those two in the tournament! Well, only the 3-2s, thankfully. So that was just Goldslicer and I. My buchholz remained... heinously low! And Goldslicer's buchholz actually went down to 7. (actually, I think Challonge's original Buchholz calculation of 8 for him was incorrect too?) So at that point, we suddenly had the top 9 being
Name - Win Record - Buchholz
TSO - 5-0
Yami - 4-1
Beymaster - 4-1
Geester - 4-1
Derpyspriggan - 3-2 - 10
Goldslicer - 3-2 - 7
Lilwookie - 3-2 - 7
JER1V - 3-2 - 7
DeceasedCrab - 3-2 - 5

Normally, this is no problem! Because, surprise, there's no longer a question of who's in the top 8!
Except Lilwookie left. After his original tiebreaker match against JER1V, he had departed. So, unfortunately, we had to move the person in 9th to finals.

- I'm serious, don't leave the tournament before the top 8 in the finals are announced. You never know when we're going to find a serious issue that completely rearranges the top 8. You don't want to miss the finals just because you left early!

EDIT: There were actually a couple of things I forgot! Yesterday was really something!

- We don't like to have Swiss tournaments with odd numbers of players, because then 5 players get byes. Honestly, I hate byes more than some people hate tiebreak matches. Byes are the worst. It prevents you from accruing a loss, but it also prevents you from accruing buchholz. So if you went 2-2 with 1 bye, that doesn't put you on the same footing as someone who went 3-2. The 1 bye doesn't count as a win. It counts as a non-loss. So someone who goes 3-1 with 1 bye is ranked higher than everyone who went 3-2, we've seen this happen at tournaments, and that gets you to the finals. But unfortunately the case is not the same for 2-2 with 1 bye. In the future, we will try like crazy to avoid having odd numbers of players. OnTheDL3 was trying to remain available there to help us get to even in case we needed it, but there was a miscommunication and it didn't happen.

- Parents, I know sometimes things can be upsetting for you and upsetting for your blader. But you NEVER have a good cause to angrily accost the organizers and judges. If you're unhappy about the Bye rules, well, we're sorry, but that's how tournaments work. You don't get a refund just because you're unhappy with the result, and you shouldn't harass and harangue people over the result. Sometimes the organizers and judges have enough difficulties on their plate. We would ask that any parents that do not feel as if they will be able to compose themselves if their blader doesn't make it to the finals because of a weird technicality please don't attend or register for WBO events. We will not accept that sort of behavior.

- Y'all need to stop swearing at tournaments! All of you! I caught judges swearing, I saw parents swearing, and twice I saw bladers swearing at the stadiums. This is a family friendly event! NO SWEARING!

- And let's talk about being a good sport! Don't sing taunting sounds! Don't swear! Don't aggressively call your opponent "buddy"! Don't turn the handshake after a match into a test of strength! Be Good To Each Other!

Tournament was a little bit on the chaotic side I guess, but I had fun. We need to be more careful in reporting match victories!
Tournament results are viewable here. The tournament will be preprocessed once accounts for Jeriv and thereddragon have been made. (Kei & ~Mana~)

Edit: Just thereddragon.
(Feb. 19, 2020  3:52 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Tournament results are viewable here. The tournament will be preprocessed once accounts for Jeriv and IanFaith have been made. (Kei & ~Mana~)

What? They're both on the players list! They both pre-registered! They have accounts.
(Feb. 19, 2020  3:53 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2020  3:52 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Tournament results are viewable here. The tournament will be preprocessed once accounts for Jeriv and IanFaith have been made. (Kei & ~Mana~)

What? They're both on the players list! They both pre-registered! They have accounts.

Found Ian Faith. Can you point me to Jeriv? Might have weird punctuation or something because it doesn't show up in pre-processing.
(Feb. 19, 2020  3:57 AM)The Supreme One Wrote:
(Feb. 19, 2020  3:53 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: What? They're both on the players list! They both pre-registered! They have accounts.

Found Ian Faith. Can you point me to Jeriv? Might have weird punctuation or something because it doesn't show up in pre-processing.

JER1V is it.
(Feb. 19, 2020  3:52 AM)The Supreme One Wrote: Edit: Just thereddragon.

Account is now created.