Is this site trustworthy?

https://www.toymatters.co/
The site has low prices, and it is authentic. Should I use it, or is it a scam?

If I shouldn't trust the site, tell me why
(Jul. 07, 2018  5:01 PM)LordL0Ls Wrote: https://www.toymatters.co/

@[leosama], @[Frostic Fox], did we ever come to a conclusion for this site on leosama's thread? I remember Fox saying if someone could try it once then we could see. But even for a first try, is it trust worthy?
(Jul. 07, 2018  5:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote:

@[leosama], @[Frostic Fox], did we ever come to a conclusion for this site on leosama's thread? I remember Fox saying if someone could try it once then we could see. But even for a first try, is it trust worthy?

Yeah, thats where I found the site. It looks good, other than the fact that they stole BBG's thumbnails.
Seems like it. EMS shipping is really expensive depending on where you are. It seems like the sight is located in Canada.
The company ships from South Korea, so it is probably a South Korean company. No one here has any experience with it.

If you want to be the guinea pig to test it, you're free to. But I think it's worth saying that it's really only worth doing if you're buying multiple beys, as the shipping options are $7 or $33 even if you're only buying one. Otherwise, the eBay options will work out cheaper for you.

If something is cheap, there has to be a reason, remember that.

Personally, they rub me a bit of the wrong way, so I don't think I'd bother. Especially not to be the first.
(Jul. 07, 2018  5:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote:

that guy came onto the thread where it said eBay. it was kinda irrelevant
they’re obvs just here for self promotion
(Jul. 07, 2018  11:46 PM)leosama Wrote:
(Jul. 07, 2018  5:05 PM)Suhasini Wrote: @[leosama], @[Frostic Fox], did we ever come to a conclusion for this site on leosama's thread? I remember Fox saying if someone could try it once then we could see. But even for a first try, is it trust worthy?

that guy came onto the thread where it said eBay. it was kinda irrelevant
they’re obvs just here for self promotion

Is it against the rules to self-promote? Most places (Reddit, i think, and some Discord servers) have it against their ToS to do that sort of thing.

Also, if the site is actually trustworthy than everything there is lower priced than pvccard.expert and koreantoyshop. And standard shipping only takes 2 weeks at most compared to other sellers taking sometimes months
(Jul. 08, 2018  2:14 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Is it against the rules to self-promote? Most places (Reddit, i think, and some Discord servers) have it against their ToS to do that sort of thing.

Also, if the site is actually trustworthy than everything there is lower priced than pvccard.expert and koreantoyshop. And standard shipping only takes 2 weeks at most compared to other sellers taking sometimes months

I don't think it's against the rules other than if it's done in a spammy fashion. They were close but still in the safe for the manner they did it, I'd say. But it's clearly a shoe-horned drive-by kind of ad, since they responded to a post that was 2 months old and split. And that's part of why they rubbed me the wrong way.

From what I saw, their prices were not cheaper than eBay's best. Those prices do not include shipping. Only if you're buying multiple beys at once does it become a good deal.

Also, their standard shipping is the same post that koreantoyshop has access to (the South Korean post office with K-Post and EMS), so to say they're faster than the other eBay sellers is not accurate. It's the same.

And please tell me which reputable seller takes "months" that you're talking about. Going by my experience, I think you're very mistaken. But hey, maybe you know something I don't.
(Jul. 08, 2018  3:47 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2018  2:14 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: Is it against the rules to self-promote? Most places (Reddit, i think, and some Discord servers) have it against their ToS to do that sort of thing.

I don't think it's against the rules other than if it's done in a spammy fashion. They were close but still in the safe for the manner they did it, I'd say. But it's clearly a shoe-horned drive-by kind of ad, since they responded to a post that was 2 months old and split. And that's part of why they rubbed me the wrong way.

From what I saw, their prices were not cheaper than eBay's best. Those prices do not include shipping. Only if you're buying multiple beys at once does it become a good deal.

Also, their standard shipping is the same post that koreantoyshop has access to (the South Korean post office with K-Post and EMS), so to say they're faster than the other eBay sellers is not accurate. It's the same.

And please tell me which reputable seller takes "months" that you're talking about. Going by my experience, I think you're very mistaken. But hey, maybe you know something I don't.

koreantoyshop sells a grip and a LR beylauncher 2-in-1 for $25 when buying the normal long launcher & grip are $14.
pvccard.expert. Let's look at his/her God Valkyrie. The shipping (from hong kong to NJ) is anywhere from July 19th to August 2nd. It also costs $20 on ebay when on Toymatters it costs $16 (boosters cost $12, starters are $16)
(Jul. 08, 2018  4:07 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: koreantoyshop sells a grip and a LR beylauncher 2-in-1 for $25 when buying the normal long launcher & grip are $14.
pvccard.expert. Let's look at his/her God Valkyrie. The shipping (from hong kong to NJ) is anywhere from July 19th to August 2nd. It also costs $20 on ebay when on Toymatters it costs $16 (boosters cost $12, starters are $16)

OK, let me get this straight--you're comparing koreantoyshop selling grip + BeyLauncher LR to Toy Matters selling grip + a different launcher? BeyLauncher LR is a more expensive launcher. And it's $25 vs $21 (because shipping), for two totally different things.

Winning Valkyrie for pvccard.expert is $20. Toy Matters is $23 with shipping. Which one was cheaper again? Right, the eBay seller who includes shipping in the total.

As for shipping time: Toy Matters here suffers the same risk that eBay and other import buys do that customs might greatly delay their arrival--which is totally outside of the seller's control. eBay sellers may list longer estimates to cover their butts for ignorant buyers who don't understand this. So just because Toy Matters says 2 weeks doesn't necessarily mean it, and most imports I've had took less than 2 weeks. Always less than 3.

So no, I don't see Toy Matters being cheaper. And their shipping is no faster. They just list prices without shipping and they don't let you know that there is a possibility that it may come late from customs (totally outside of their control, by the way).

Let me know if I've misunderstood you in any way or you think I missed something. But so far, Toy Matters costs more (unless you buy multiple) and takes just as long because it's the same post office system as koreantoyshop.

For the US, the ePacket shipping Hong Kong sellers use is listed as taking 7-10 days, barring customs being a jerk. Customs usually takes me about 3 days. I think it usually takes me...12 days or so, in total?
(Jul. 08, 2018  4:20 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Jul. 08, 2018  4:07 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: koreantoyshop sells a grip and a LR beylauncher 2-in-1 for $25 when buying the normal long launcher & grip are $14.

OK, let me get this straight--you're comparing koreantoyshop selling grip + BeyLauncher LR to Toy Matters selling grip + a different launcher? BeyLauncher LR is a more expensive launcher. And it's $25 vs $21 (because shipping), for two totally different things.

Winning Valkyrie for pvccard.expert is $20. Toy Matters is $23 with shipping. Which one was cheaper again? Right, the eBay seller who includes shipping in the total.

As for shipping time: Toy Matters here suffers the same risk that eBay and other import buys do that customs might greatly delay their arrival--which is totally outside of the seller's control. eBay sellers may list longer estimates to cover their butts for ignorant buyers who don't understand this. So just because Toy Matters says 2 weeks doesn't necessarily mean it, and most imports I've had took less than 2 weeks. Always less than 3.

So no, I don't see Toy Matters being cheaper. And their shipping is no faster. They just list prices without shipping and they don't let you know that there is a possibility that it may come late from customs (totally outside of their control, by the way).

Let me know if I've misunderstood you in any way or you think I missed something. But so far, Toy Matters costs more (unless you buy multiple) and takes just as long because it's the same post office system as koreantoyshop.

For the US, the ePacket shipping Hong Kong sellers use is listed as taking 7-10 days, barring customs being a jerk. Customs usually takes me about 3 days. I think it usually takes me...12 days or so, in total?

They don't have Beylauncher LR. I just used the LR long launcher because it's the same (normal beylauncher costs the same). Shipping is probably different for you though.

I didn't mean to start an argument though.

i looked at pictures look closely it has a green elapheant
(Jul. 09, 2018  2:18 AM)LordL0Ls Wrote: They don't have Beylauncher LR. I just used the LR long launcher because it's the same (normal beylauncher costs the same). Shipping is probably different for you though.

I didn't mean to start an argument though.

Nah, not trying to argue at all. :) I am just trying to help you understand what I understand....or figure out where I'm misunderstanding, haha. Was just really not getting what you're saying.

I went by your numbers and didn't look myself, to be clear. I know Toy Matters adds $7 more for shipping at a minimum, and sellers like pvccard.expert and koreantoyshop seem to include the shipping with the price when I go to order.

I think you're in the US, right? So it should be the same as me. Just be sure you look at the eBay pages for the US, as leosama's uses the Australia site, which I think has you pay shipping separately at times. But if you're not in the US and the numbers are different, then I've mixed things up and that's my bad.

I can't say if they're legit or not, but going by the numbers I know, Toy Matters seems to just be better when you order 2 or maybe 3 beys at least (at once). Because then that's only one shipping price. The sellers who sell cheapest on eBay use "free" shipping to help them get a bit more money, since there'd be no adjusting of shipping price (for multiple beys at once) to give you back money since they offered it as a free service to begin with.
Sorry to open this thread again I'm new here, anyways I recently ordered a winning valkyrie from Toy Matters so when I finally get it I was wondering if anyone here could confirm if its legit or not?
(Nov. 03, 2018  10:07 AM)Captain420 Wrote: Sorry to open this thread again I'm new here, anyways I recently ordered a winning valkyrie from Toy Matters so when I finally get it I was wondering if anyone here could confirm if its legit or not?

See for the symbol of Takara Tomy on the box ( and , if possible ) Send us a Picture of it ( the box )