Is beyblading really a thing?

Like I asked, is beyblading really a thing? I always took it simply as an anime, but are there really competitions for beyblading? Like how does this work? What are strategies that actually work for beyblading?
There are tournaments, but those are run by fans (WBO). As for strategies, some work. For example, depending on how you launch it, V2 can move differently. Another example is S2- some launches will make it more aggressive, while others defensive.
Hope this helps Smile
Yeah I just want to know more about it because it is pretty surprising to me but I can totally see how you can be at an advantage with the right gear combinations and launching methods.

By the way does anyone know if there are still classic beyblades for sale? I am feeling nostalgic about it and am trying to look for the original ones from like the first anime series.
By the way does anyone know if there are still classic beyblades for sale? I am feeling nostalgic about it and am trying to look for the original ones from like the first anime series.
[/quote]
In the stores they aren't classic beyblades anymore. The solution is to search beyblade in online stores.
(May. 31, 2017  6:30 AM)BladeKing98 Wrote: Yeah I just want to know more about it because it is pretty surprising to me but I can totally see how you can be at an advantage with the right gear combinations and launching methods.

First welcome to the community.  And yes there are many ways you can set up your bey to have advantages or dissaventages. The game is a hobby , and depending on who you ask a sport. (In the same way chess is a sport as you really do have to concentrate, understand how each part is used, their weekness and strength and so on) we have bladers of many ages here, me for example, im 20. We have a buying selling page here in the WBO wich you can find under BEYMARKETPLACE in the home menu. There you can request a specific bey, and if any one has it they can sell it to you, or give you information on a listing that has that bey. Or you can look through the gear and beys the members here have for sale. These go from the plastic gen, to the metal gen to the new and current burst gen. Or you can go on ebay. But becareful as some beys there are fake. We have a thred on the WBO showing how to tell if its a fake bey. Feel free to ask any questions to me or any other member on private messege.
Welcome to WBO friend. And yes, beyblade actually exsist (#QuestionOfTheDay Beyahahah). So way they works are when a top stops spinning or get knocked out of stadiums or burst (latest gen of beys explode after losing certain amount of clicks) (though it happens in older gens too, just in a diffrant way. Beyhaha).

Ok, getting to actual winning strategy. There are actually many differant parts and you can create countless amount of combinations (I think over 100000?) and by features of bey (Ability of taking hits, Ability to hit hard or knock out bey out of stadium and ability to spin longer. which are 3 main types. Defence Stamina and Attack.) beys are categoried by 3 depending on what it has most of 3 main abbilites of beys. though a type may have abilites of other type too and a defence may KO/OS, Stamina may KO/Defend and Attack may do all Defend and OS. It depends on what it does best to determine it's type. though if a bey has 2 abilites that does at a same ammount. it's called balance type or mixture of 2 (hybried). Way of naming type of beys is little differant by Takara tomy, as they somttime call bey a type because it has parts of specific type not really how it does as whole

There are qute a few things that affact performance of a beyblade:-
shape
height
weight distribution
shape of tip
weight
spin direction (a opposite spin may OS another bey which is spinning in opposite direction. Which is too affacted by quite a few things you can see my thread here https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Zombie-...e-opponent) (check few other thread in that fourm to learn more Smile)