If Beyblade was an official sport...

Yes it should really be a sport for me its life actually I would say it should be put in the olympics
Ok.
So if we talk about it being a sport, the Olympics etc probs won't turn it into a sport. It's gotta get popular before you do that, aight? Talking about it here isn't gonna do a thing, so instead, focus on what you CAN do to make it a sport.

But I'm not discouraging discussion about it Smile I'm just saying this for the people who truly want to see Beyblade competitions broadcasted live, get paid to play it, and see stadiums in your local parks.
Thank you, cancer1433
(May. 18, 2018  8:36 AM)leosama Wrote: Ok.
So if we talk about it being a sport, the Olympics etc probs won't turn it into a sport. It's gotta get popular before you do that, aight? Talking about it here isn't gonna do a thing, so instead, focus on what you CAN do to make it a sport.

But I'm not discouraging discussion about it Smile I'm just saying this for the people who truly want to see Beyblade competitions broadcasted live, get paid to play it, and see stadiums in your local parks.

Agreed. I personally don't care about whether it's labeled a sport or not, but no matter what, I think we all want to help Beyblade grow. And to do that, we need to be willing to put in an effort.

It's easy to say to do something and another thing to, well, get off your butt and do something about it, haha.

Major props to all those who are working on finding people and becoming organizers or helping to support someone else doing it. We're all in this together, and we can either be part of the progress or not. And we could always use more people. Smile
I reckon if takara make a new gen that was popular (glow in the dark IDK) and made all the beys not useless and trash (killer deathsizer, Xeno xcalibur + more) but at the same not overpowered (maximum gaurda) then it can easily become a sport. As for if I believe it should be a sport, I say yes!!!!!!!!!
Hmm....Truth to be told...All these months I did a little survey to check if beyblade is popular or not. Talking to different people of countries all over the world. Guess what I found out
1) People dont actually know how a beyblade works...That is the main rotational physics behind it but they do know what is being explained in the animes.

2) Beyblade is a spinning top. Pretty much everyone knows that mainly the US and people from the UK and know much in beyblade than people from other countries. Many people from a few asian countries know beyblade but dont know about Hasbro and Takaratomy...much..

3) How can we forget Aiga?? !!! Never knew the Chouzetsu series will revive beyblade as Aiga came...People r saying that Tyson is back but in chibi form and more excited form..

4) The chouzetsu gimmick layers made eyes of many people glitter in awes...they love those beys...After the plastic generation...The second most fav gen is the burst series...Specifically the zetsu and the burst god...

5) The anime is a block buster hit...The songs and the graphics and the whole animation just touched everyone's heart...

All in all Idk how much they love beyblade in reality but in anime they just love it...They even have their own beys...so as the popularity seems...I wish beyblade to be a sport..

ps:- I asked them to join the WBO for more fun and excitement...I hope they join...
(May. 19, 2018  3:40 PM)Eleanor Wrote: Hmm....Truth to be told...All these months I did a little survey to check if beyblade is popular or not. Talking to different people of countries all over the world. Guess what I found out
1) People dont actually know how a beyblade works...That is the main rotational physics behind it but they do know what is being explained in the animes.

2) Beyblade is a spinning top. Pretty much everyone knows that mainly the US and people from the UK and know much in beyblade than people from other countries. Many people from a few asian countries know beyblade but dont know about Hasbro and Takaratomy...much..

3) How can we forget Aiga?? !!! Never knew the Chouzetsu series will revive beyblade as Aiga came...People r saying that Tyson is back but in chibi form and more excited form..

4) The chouzetsu gimmick layers made eyes of many people glitter in awes...they love those beys...After the plastic generation...The second most fav gen is the burst series...Specifically the zetsu and the burst god...

5) The anime is a block buster hit...The songs and the graphics and the whole animation just touched everyone's heart...

All in all Idk how much they love beyblade in reality but in anime they just love it...They even have their own beys...so as the popularity seems...I wish beyblade to be a sport..

ps:- I asked them to join the WBO for more fun and excitement...I hope they join...
Well it seems that beyblade is more popular then we thought!
It could be if there were "make ur own bey sets" but also if somehow beys were heavier

Hopefully we can make a beyblade club like valt

(Apr. 26, 2018  6:42 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I don't think Beyblade is a sport, by far, but I don't think there is an impossibility for it becoming a sport due to its constructed nature.

Because this seems fun:

(Apr. 26, 2018  5:41 AM)Bastillon Wrote: 1. No spectacle or interaction
The public judges activities on spectacle. There's no debate about that. Sprinting has a lot of spectacle. We view them in front of a big screen, with our hearts pounding in unison, hoping that one of the runners that we support would win. Stadiums are often packed to see who runs the fastest in a 100m race. While chess does not have a lot of spectacle in itself, the board is often projected on a massive screen, with commentators picking up where the players left off, and allows the audience to interact by thinking through each move along the way, generating a substantial amount of hype. Beyblade, however, doesn't typically generate enough hype for most of us to care. It's pretty pathetic when your stadium and your spinning tops are that small, no? It feels really underwhelming, and you can't really interact with the situation as a viewer, since pretty much everyone's already done substantial testing on most competitively viable combos. It'd be really boring if chess grandmasters recreate the exact same game over and over again.

You wrecked part of your own argument by saying how chess is projected on a big screen. Big screens weren't always used for chess when people played it originally. Beyblade could also be projected on big screens.

You argue that it's boring because the combos are all worked out. But then why even play the game, because in turn, wouldn't that be boring as well? And why bother making videos and watching other people play as it is if it's so boring?

To some people, it is interesting. It comes down to if enough people deem it interesting, but the game would have to evolve its presentation, for sure.

(Apr. 26, 2018  5:41 AM)Bastillon Wrote: 2. Lack of decision making from the competitors
Chess is a game where both players fight for control over the board. There are a lot of decisions to be made, and it is possible for the best players to make mistakes. While sprinting doesn't require a lot of decision making, every step must be powered by the athlete. Throughout the entire process, both chess players and athletes could influence the game. Beyblade, on the other hand, has only two critical decisions available, namely the launch technique and combo customization, and the latter has significantly more impact than the former. You can't change beyblades mid-match, only slight adjustments to mode-changing tips, frames or launch techniques, which makes the matches after the first one really boring to watch. Sports with numerous rounds such as tennis is interesting to watch, because endurance is also an important factor, and so the match isn't always based on skill or power. I don't really think that launching multiple turns would be too tiring in particular, so there isn't too much of a variation to launching, thus the match has already been decided before even launching. This is by no means satisfying to anyone. 3 on 3 is slightly more interesting, but that's pretty much it really. A sport that determines the victor by their equipment and not their skill is boring for everyone involved. Even MTG adds in a bit of luck into the mix, and the players make active decision throughout the entire match. But with Beyblade? What happens after your first launch? You have no power to further influence the battle. The only time I see this being subverted is the RC and SC beyblades, and even then the remote control feature is a bit tacky with possible EM interference, not to mention that only a few beyblades could be controlled.

If you follow the tournaments, there's interesting strategy that goes into play. People size-up and study opponents, adjusting and choosing parts as necessary. And you have the deck format. These you did not address.

You may not be able to control after launch, but I'm not so sure it's fair to discount all before that.

There are multiple sports based on how far you can throw an object, and there is nothing for you to control once you release it.

(Apr. 26, 2018  5:41 AM)Bastillon Wrote: 3. A monopoly on beyblade production
Somebody has already mentioned this on the "beyblade as legitimate sport" thread already, and I'll just leave it right here.

What about Starcraft? Blizzard controls it entirely....yet it's a sport.

I think Beyblade is just not a big enough thing and tournaments aren't well-organized/designed for easy large-scale crowd watching (simple solution being big TVs). If these 2 aspects were to change, then it would be different. But I think the former would have to come to be worth it at all.

But I am concerned about how it would evolve as a sport because I'm not sure how strongly TT and Hasbro could assert control if they saw such potential, and though the game might evolve over time to better fit, they haven't proven I can trust them more than the WBO in judgement just yet. And then yeah, age limits--boooooo!

I'm fine with just enjoying my game without fancy involvements anyway. But this was still fun to go through. Smile Thanks for the interesting arguments, and I look forward to seeing what you think of what I said.

Beyblade could also be a sport if u built a bey on ?
I "bey-lieve" it should be haha. In all seriousness, it probably could be considered a sport if we had a larger fanbase to support us! I want to make a Bey club at school, but I would need more people to start it haha.
I think so!
It shouldn't be a sport. Aside from all the factors outside a player's control, it's very pay-to-win.
I totally agree with Eleanor and MagixG
(Jan. 29, 2019  3:32 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It shouldn't be a sport. Aside from all the factors outside a player's control, it's very pay-to-win.

Isn't every sport kind of like that? Football teams have to pay to get and keep good players, same with other sports minus volleyball and track and field.
(Mar. 22, 2019  12:27 AM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote:
(Jan. 29, 2019  3:32 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It shouldn't be a sport. Aside from all the factors outside a player's control, it's very pay-to-win.

Isn't every sport kind of like that? Football teams have to pay to get and keep good players, same with other sports minus volleyball and track and field.

Well, that is for people who own the teams in football. Not the players. In beyblade, the players that spend more money on newer more stronger parts have the upper hand. Hence, your argument isn't valid.
If was a sport then that would be what I would want other be when I grow up
(Mar. 22, 2019  12:27 AM)Lucifer\s Spawn Wrote:

no, kinda...
other sports are pay to win in a way, which is getting the best players, giving them the best equipment etc. but in the end individual players and entire teams are exceptionally talented. so keep that in mind.
i remember saying this before probably on this thread itself. beyblade as it is can never become a sport because there is no individuality. there are very limited models and designs. its almost as if being a generic blader in the anime.
if there comes a time when every guy or girl has his or her own signature bey, then you can expect a title of sports. even then only if the competition is changed.
you will all agree that no matter the sportsmanship involved and the their loyalty, in the end it is always a spectator spectacle. all sports are spectator sports. so rules like 21 round matches might be the way to go. basically anything that makes the game more attractive for our future spectators will have to be done. 
apart from this bey shops that make TT level parts are a necessity.
yes most of us dream of having beyblade as a sport, but the truth is its extremely difficult, modern 3D printing and advancements in our technology present a better chance but that chance in itself is like winning the lottery everyday, FOR YOUR WHOLE LIFE !!!!
so that's that.
still it is a possibility we should pursue. one of us may not win every lottery everyday but all of us may win a lottery any day.
Wow, I cant believe this thread is still kicking, after 6 years! It seems we havent quite gotten Beyblade into the Olympics yet, so I suppose our work is never done! I really wish they had another world tournament, that seemed like a big and successful event for them.