Howdy!

Well, i live in Singapore, i'm pretty sure i'm one of the older ones here...(hint: i'm a wizard)

Basically i liked the original gen 1 beyblades, bought some but never got to try it, and with this generation i liked the way it was designed(bursts, god beys all have their own gimmick etc.) i decided to try them, and so far i've already amassed around 11beys...

BUT problem being the asians like to "save face" and wouldn't play beyblades (despite you can see them interested as they stand there and watch)
so i'm like the odd one out amongst kids. Uncertain

So yeah i hope to meet some adult bladers here and make some friends, and who knows, one day we might get to meet and play together?

Thank you for taking time and reading this Smile

since i should be one of the older ones, feel free to ask me questions you might have regarding pretty much anything, i'd try to answer what i know and hope that would help! (not just beyblade related)

**right now i'm trying to see if i can organise some "bring-your-beys" and play events in my neighbourhood , I'd like to know what kinda support would WBO provide for us who want to kickstart a community???
Hello, and welcome to the WBO, Bersilus!
(Jul. 16, 2017  3:49 AM)Ayane_2355 Wrote: Hello, and welcome to the WBO, Bersilus!

Thanks

where do you play mostly?
Did you mean my state? If so I live in Georgia.
I'm interested in the hasbro blades. Did you try both TT and hasbro?
I don't know much about Beyblades, especially regarding brands. To be honest I only have two Beyblades that were bought in there box. Every other bey I have was from bags of random parts, from places like Goodwill and other places like that.
(Jul. 16, 2017  3:27 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Well, i live in Singapore, i'm pretty sure i'm one of the older ones here...(hint: i'm a wizard)

Basically i liked the original gen 1 beyblades, bought some but never got to try it, and with this generation i liked the way it was designed(bursts, god beys all have their own gimmick etc.) i decided to try them, and so far i've already amassed around 11beys...

BUT problem being the asians like to "save face" and wouldn't play beyblades (despite you can see them interested as they stand there and watch)

So yeah i hope to meet some adult bladers here and make some friends, and who knows, one day we might get to meet and play together?

since i should be one of the older ones, feel free to ask me questions you might have regarding pretty much anything, i'd try to answer what i know and hope that would help! (not just beyblade related)

**right now i'm trying to see if i can organise some "bring-your-beys" and play events in my neighbourhood , I'd like to know what kinda support would WBO provide for us who want to kickstart a community???

Hi....I am Eleanor...welcome to WBO... since u said ur one of the eldest members here so u must have much knowledge about beyblades....and since I was going through the pages and found this one....
So I guess I can ask a few questions from u...
Can u tell me how L Drago destructor steals spin from its opponent's beyblade?... I just want to know the mechanism....its been in my mind for quite a long time
(Jul. 16, 2017  5:04 AM)Bersilus Wrote: I'm interested in the hasbro blades. Did you try both TT and hasbro?

Hasbro blades are pretty much like TT blades except Hasbro uses a softer plastic, the color choices are really questionable, layers have slopes, the only interchangeable part between TT and Hasbro are the disks, some Hasbro layers got nerfed or buffed from their TT counterpart, Hasbro plastic can dent or warp waaay easier, and Hasbro launchers are not that great.

(Jul. 16, 2017  5:46 PM)Eleanor Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2017  3:27 AM)Bersilus Wrote: Well, i live in Singapore, i'm pretty sure i'm one of the older ones here...(hint: i'm a wizard)

Hi....I am Eleanor...welcome to WBO... since u said ur one of the eldest members here so u must have much knowledge about beyblades....and since I was going through the pages and found this one....
Can u tell me how L Drago destructor steals spin from its opponent's beyblade?... I just want to know the mechanism....its been in my mind for quite a long time

Sorry that I kinda interjected but I just gotta get all that science stuff outta me
When a right and left spin beyblade collide they technically hit eachother in their direction but they still get hit and thus get knocked back. If there's rubber on the left spin bey and the bey's hit the increased friction caused by the rubber and impact causes their spin to equalize more than usual (if there was no rubber). L-Drago Destructor/Destroyer actually is pretty bad at spin stealing as it didn't have as much exposure as the rubber in Meteor L-Drago.
Try getting 2 beys and use ur hands to make them pretend that they're spinning very slowly like in slow motion; one going right and one goin left. Then make they collide U'll see that they towards their spin direction. Now with rubber that push is now even larger and more powerful than it was when it was with metal. Since MFB beys r so heavy the momentum makes it so when they equalize spin the one with rubber spins faster by a bigger margin than Drain Fafnir. Although since both of the parts with rubber from L-Drago are so light attack type beys can easily knock them out
(Jul. 16, 2017  10:42 PM)Mage Wrote:
(Jul. 16, 2017  5:04 AM)Bersilus Wrote: I'm interested in the hasbro blades. Did you try both TT and hasbro?

Hasbro blades are pretty much like TT blades except Hasbro uses a softer plastic, the color choices are really questionable, layers have slopes, the only interchangeable part between TT and Hasbro are the disks, some Hasbro layers got nerfed or buffed from their TT counterpart, Hasbro plastic can dent or warp waaay easier, and Hasbro launchers are not that great.

(Jul. 16, 2017  5:46 PM)Eleanor Wrote: Hi....I am Eleanor...welcome to WBO... since u said ur one of the eldest members here so u must have much knowledge about beyblades....and since I was going through the pages and found this one....

Sorry that I kinda interjected but I just gotta get all that science stuff outta me
When a right and left spin beyblade collide they technically hit eachother in their direction but they still get hit and thus get knocked back. If there's rubber on the left spin bey and the bey's hit the increased friction caused by the rubber and impact causes their spin to equalize more than usual (if there was no rubber). L-Drago Destructor/Destroyer actually is pretty bad at spin stealing as it didn't have as much exposure as the rubber in Meteor L-Drago.
Try getting 2 beys and use ur hands to make them pretend that they're spinning very slowly like in slow motion; one going right and one goin left. Then make they collide U'll see that they towards their spin direction. Now with rubber that push is now even larger and more powerful than it was when it was with metal. Since MFB beys r so heavy the momentum makes it so when they equalize spin the one with rubber spins faster by a bigger margin than Drain Fafnir. Although since both of the parts with rubber from L-Drago are so light attack type beys can easily knock them out

No worries Grin glad you could help.
I might be old but when it comes to beyblades I'm pretty new hahaha
(Jul. 16, 2017  10:42 PM)Mage Wrote:

(Jul. 16, 2017  5:46 PM)Eleanor Wrote: Hi....I am Eleanor...welcome to WBO... since u said ur one of the eldest members here so u must have much knowledge about beyblades....and since I was going through the pages and found this one....

Thank u very very much....u just explained it using friction and momentum...in the language of physics.....its my favourite subject though....again thank you very much