How did you get into Anime ?

Did a friend introduce you ? People hyping over a new series (AOT/SNK) ? Just felt like watching Anime ?

Well, I'm happy to hear your storys of how you got into Anime. Thought this would be pretty good to do, as we have many people who have watched Anime on the WBO. I'm making rules to posting, so please, follow them:

Rules:
-You must elaborate!
-No criticism on how other people got into Anime.
-This is not for certain series, but the actual media itself.

If you follow these you should be good!

I guess I better elaborate in my own thread, so here's my story and an example:

I'm not going to count the baby Anime everyone starts of with (Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh ect) so here goes.

It all started when I had no internet at all. I was bored and had nothing to watch, so that really annoyed me. I could get internet somtimes, but not a lot. Whenever I had the chance I'd download an episode of Death Note and the original FMA. The action was so awesome in these shows... way better then the shows that where broadcasting on my TV. FMA and Death Note has always been so special to me because of this. I just felt really special watching these series. It kinda hard to explain what I felt, hah. It makes me happy talking about this, it kinda brings back that feeling I have. The days where I'd watch FMA from 9.00PM to 2.00AM and Death Note from 2.00AM to 7.00AM, hah. I was only 12 at the time I believe. That's how hyped I was. Anyway, after watching these I thought I'd go look for more shows, but couldn't really find anything. Soon after, I saw Naruto and remembered watching it on Toonami. I restarted watching the series all over again (Curse 500 episodes or something of Naruto)!, hah. Then after I caught up to the latest episodes I guess that's where I got open to more Anime.

Maybe I missed a few details, but you guys should get the point. Now share yours!
Well i basically grew up watching anime, my first anime was dragon ball, but i didnt have cable and i dint know about the internet because i was 3, but my cousins had alot of VHS tapes of dragon ball /Z, Gundam, and more. My cousins are the reason i play video games, watch anime read manga, even my first blade was bought because i wanted to battle my cousin. But at around age 6 i got cable so id watch toonami, i got into Ghost in the Shell, Cowboy Bebop, CN's DBZ, InuYasha, and alot of anime that i dont remember.
Honestly, I think everyone began watching anime the same way but never realized it: DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Digimon. I think those are like the main 4, at least for our generation (I'm 18, so these are what I grew up with.) Me myself, I never actually realized theses were anime until I got into anime XD I started out with High School DxD (very uh..."crude" series) but nonetheless it was hilarious to watch. I think I found it while looking for something, anything to watch. From there I got onto MyAnimeList, saw recommendations from this anime, and boom. Instantly caught up in anime.
I started watching anime when i was young i did not know it was anime untill i got in my teens just like everybody else i got into YU-GI-OH!,pokemon,DBZ and i even watched g gundam i always thought the art style was cool that is what made me like it so much i also watched digimon and of course what this forum is about beyblade when i gotten older i started watching naruto after that i wanted to watch any other anime i could find my current one im into is attack on titan.
I started a long time ago with dragon ball z I was about 7 so really the term anime I did not know...... then i watched naruto but one day my brother was talking about how anime is so cool he kept talking about shougan no shanna and other ones so I looked it up and started watching it And I liked it so now i watched lots of anime since then i really like the stories the way it takes you to a whole new world like with the powers and fighting it's pretty cool
I have a story that is probably vaguely similar to others. So I will keep it brief.

In middle school, things were....rough. Socially anyway. I found the Funimation channel by chance while scrolling Verizon Fios one day, home alone. I dismissed it at first, but I kept going back to it. Eventually, it was the only thing I watched on TV as a young teenager. Pretty much until the day Fios removed the channel, so a while. Over time, I joined a facebook group, and got shown tons of great shows and manga. On top of it all, it has never interfered with my now much improved social life; I have tons of friends who are both into anime/manga/games and those who aren't.

If we are talking about prior to funimation channel, where I really didn't connect shows I was watching to "anime" I watched Toonami with friends as a child. Naruto was probably the coolest thing to watch on TV back then.
Likewise to what yt152430 posted, I was basically immersed into a culture of anime. It all started when I was less a year old, when my parents would prop me down in front of the TV in order to keep me busy. I grew up with this habit, and later on at the age of 6 or so, I was watching Naruto, Doraemon, and some others I can't recall by name. I didn't know what anime was at the time. (I refused to watch the G Revolution beyblade at that time too) At the age of seven, I watched pokemon, straight through the very first season, up to the ending of johto. I skipped pokemon advanced and went straight to the sinnoh region. At the age of 9 I found channel 26. The anime channel. I finally learned what anime is thanks to it. The end :3