Horror Stories or Movies

Haha just found this thread xD
I just watched the Grudge last night. Again... So I'm kinda used to it xD

PS. Japanese version, not American, so much scarier xD
The Blob. I can't remember how old I was when I first seen this movie but i'll never forget how scared I was. I'd watched pleanty scary movies before this but the fact that the monster could get a person in their own home is what petrified me like nothing else. The remake is much better since the origional is cheesy 60's sci-fi, if only I still had the vhs. Seriously watch this movie people!
Reeker - A bearable film with, with a terrible, terrible ending. It's meant to be a big shocker, when really it's just a bizarre attempt at a surrealist view on death.
That doesn't actually work.
The attacks from under the bed are a nice touch, since it preys on that insecurity that a lot people feel when they're younger.
There's some really nice prop work (which is always a welcome change from poorly done CGI).

Hide and Seek - I'm not sure how much I actually enjoyed this film to be honest. Dakota Fanning gives a brilliant performance, as does Robert De Niro, but it feels a lot like the two are trying to act to their highest capabilities, yet not actually with each other.

Wolfs Creek - I wasn't actually scared by Wolfs Creek being honest, but I did feel empathetic towards the characters.
For the first time in quite a long time, I actually hoped that the characters would survive, which I'd say is an achievement when it comes to the horror genre.
I'd compare this in some ways to The Hole (if anybodies seen it), which I enjoyed just as much.
I'm a big horror fan. I've been watching horror movies for years. I didn't think any of the resident evil or the hills have eyes 2 were scary at all. I personally only find horror movies scary when they involve suspence and i actually like the gore in horror movies.
Ok, I know this is going to sound pretty terrible, but hear me out on this one.
Silent Hill.
The plot is terrible. It really, really is. But it genuinely is one of the most artistically brilliant films of the horror genre. The creatures created are the perfect representation of hell, since they are built entirely on the premise of torture and self entrapment, which mirror the heinous acts that were committed against Alessa.
The score is also stunning. Although a large amount of it is recycled from the original games, the songs have been revitalized, and brought to full form from their hollow sounding PS1 equivalents (he most stand out song being Promise (reprise)).
Yet at the same time, it probably is one of my most hated horror films to date, since it really could have been something amazing.
The visuals were undeniably amazing, but a terrible script, and a complete throwaway of the games story kills it dead.
An extremely bitter sweet film, but I still love it a little more than I hate it.
^

Loved the movie but the storyline sucked. Scary acid spewing monsters...
i sooo wanna see Silent Hill . . .

I saw this movie called Shutter (american remakes suck, this was jap) - WOW! anddd in saw it in the night with the lights off and all . . .. .it was pretty dang scary . . the movie has an amazing story and its very sad and emotional . . . u guys should definitely watch it. sometimes i download movies from this site called asian-horror-movies.com and F**CK!!! watch this movie called The Victim or Whispering Staircases (if ur up to it, really or u gonna b fkin screwed)
My friend and I was about to watch Shutter but I fell asleep XD
its a really good movie u shud have seen it. were u gonna watch english one or jap?
I watched a few horror movies recently:
The messengers
Zombie(yes it is just called zombie)
The unborn
Friday the 13th remake
Shrooms

I found the messengers kinda scary and the unborn I found very scary but the rest I didn't. Zombie wasn't scary in any way I found it funny but i think it was meant to be funny, I laughed at the parts not meant to be funny. Friday the 13th I did not find in the least scary cause it was extremely predictable. The part I find scary in horror movies is the suspense u know where the guys gonna come out of.In the friday the 13th remake I could tell instantly where he was gonna come out and I was always right. Shrooms was a very wierd film and not scary and the ending was so extremly wierd.
(Aug. 01, 2009  11:13 PM)pegasis Wrote: ^ have you ever read darren shans storie? cirque du freak when you where a child? its all about vampires btw, if you didnt you might want to read it.

lmao i cant stop laughing hahahahahaha your sig oh my god rofl! there is something about it that makes me laugh without stopping!
i read the saga of darren shan books, they were amazing!, im gonna start reading the other series, The Demonata soon.
(Aug. 25, 2009  2:25 PM)utsavkotrial Wrote: its a really good movie u shud have seen it. were u gonna watch english one or jap?

I was gonna watch the English version but i'll think ill watch the jap one! Grin
1408 was a bit scary.
The Exorcist didn't scare me.
Blair Witch made me carp myself.
The Strangers had a few jumps - same with Candyman and The Hills Have Eyes.
Alien Abduction: An Incident at Lake County scared me.

I need to see The Descent, Paranormal Activity, Martyrs and apparently Pan's Labyrinth is scary too. I also need to watch the Japanese originals of The Grudge and Ring before I go uni.
What do you guys think of piranha 3D? I bet its gonna be a bit scary.
(Aug. 21, 2010  2:12 PM)gurugulu Wrote: What do you guys think of piranha 3D? I bet its gonna be a bit scary.

I havn't seen the remake but a movie about giant piranha sounds more b movie then horror movie to me. I watched paranormal activity with my gf not long ago, I thought it was more entertaining then scary. The end scene of the movie she squeezed my hand so hard it went blue lol
When I was 9. I watch coraline and I was scared every time I walked past a crease. I would have bad dreams all day and night. My teacher even called me in to talk with my parents.
Child's Play.... This didnt help because i watched it at night and ive always hated dolls, but i never knew why...... Jaws is more funny than scary, i watched this at night and still laughed. But the most scary movie ive ever seen is..... Oh wait its Child's Play, i still hav nightmares over somthing i havent watched in 4 years. Yeah someone thought it was funny that they would switch Cars the movie to Chucky the Killer doll!!
Scream scared me because all the characters are self aware of the horror movie cliches and they get killed... Scream 4 was alright.

Insidious was *SCARY*

Candyman scared me as a kid because of the legend and the blood and such.

"IT" made me carp my shorts because of that terrifying clown that ate the kids. ..scary stuff...
Insidious is the definition of 'scary'. The effects of the movie made it worse.

Child's Play 3 still scares me. The killer doll. These days whenever I see a doll it reminds me of Chucky.
A lot of horror movies today have these three things in common:

Aborted child leads to finding an evil child, seriously abortion as a plot element is just cheap bread

Stoner kids who likely fail at everything in school and life trespass dangerous territory, what happened to characters we almost loved in the 80's?

Overemphasizing gore overrides plot substance at every aspect apparently, makes more money (Especially Final Destination)
I'm not a big fan of scary movies but Insidious was one of the scariest movies I've seen.......ever. My cousin dared me to sit in his room alone with his big screen T.V. and surround sound speakers and watch the movie(I can't back down from a challenged like that, even though I was scared as hell). That movie is just plan creepy.

I'd fight the Hulk before I watch another scary movie againSerious