HorogiumX - Aries 145D draft

Quote:Note: Aries 125D was originally released in Random Booster Vol. 1 Secret Aries, making it extremely rare. It has since been easier to obtain in the 4-Layer Special Edition pack which included the original Aries 125D, along with Pisces D125BS and Virgo DF145BS. Also, it was re-released in purple with 145 instead of 125.

Face: Aries

The Face on this Beyblade depicts Aries, the first astrological sign of the zodiac.

Wheel: Aries
Weight: 34.26 grams

Aries has three, curved protrusions with a small spike in between. The protrusions are partly hollow, leading to low weight. Aries is outclassed in Attack because of the lack of pronounced enough spikes or protrusions that lead to Smash Attack. It also has very low weight which leads to little to no Defense capabilities. Finally, the small spikes leads to minimal space between the spikes and the end of the protrusions causing recoil which eliminates any Stamina properties.

Aries is outclassed for everything and should only be used if no other parts are available.

Track: 125
1.32 grams

The 125 Track is a midway between the 105 and the 145 Tracks. Utilized in mid-height stamina combos, it is more difficult to destabilize compared to 145 height stamina combos. It has declined in popularity as the choice mid-height track due to the release of gimmicked tracks of the same height, such as T125 and D125.

Bottom: D
0.63 grams

This is a Defense Bottom, which acts as a wider version of a Sharp tip. When hit by an opponent, a Beyblade with this Bottom will have lessened recoil and will recover from attacks more efficiently than a Sharp Tip. However, while recovering, the Defense Bottom will cause the Beyblade to lose some stamina, caused by the added friction.

Use in Stamina Customization
D was once the best Stamina bottom available, but has been outclassed by SD and WD. However, it can still be used in a niche combo: Basalt Bull 230D.
Other Versions:
Aries 145D - BB-89 Booster Aries 145D (Purple)

Overall:
Aries 125D consists of outclassed parts. There is little to no reason to buy this Beyblade aside from collection purposes.

Any suggestions, comments?
Isn't there two molds?
I think there is, but I'm not sure.
I think there's a less reinforced mold
Yes, the one from BB-13 is the normal one, and every Aries after that is reinforced : the horns of the ram are linked to its head more.
Yes there are. The molds for the random booster version and the recently released versions are different. Not sure what differences are though. I doubt anyone could tell you since practicly no one has the Aries from BB-13.

Edit:Beaten by Kai-V's quick typing.
I think it's partially hollow, not partly hollow. Forgive me for spelling mistakes.
The Aries section could be worded better.

Quote:Aries has three, curved protrusions with a small spike in between. The protrusions are partly hollow, leading to low weight.
It's hollow, but not really lightweight. It's around the minimum average of Wheels.

Quote:Aries is outclassed in Attack because of the lack of pronounced enough spikes or protrusions that lead to Smash Attack.
You kind of started the performance of Aries a bit... rushed? early? put it into a new paragraph, or put a clear topic sentence to go into its performance.

Quote: It also has very low weight which leads to little to no Defense capabilities. Finally, the small spikes leads to minimal space between the spikes and the end of the protrusions causing recoil which eliminates any Stamina properties.

Doesn't make much sense. You should word it differently.

Quote:Aries is outclassed for everything and should only be used if no other parts are available.

It's good that you put this, but word it differently. "outclassed for everything" doesn't really sound that good.
Shouldn't we write a part about the performance of the first mold?
(Apr. 24, 2011  1:19 AM)ErasmusG Wrote: Shouldn't we write a part about the performance of the first mold?

There should be a Mold Variations section explaining the differences between the molds, yes. However, this is difficult to do since very, very few people have the first mold, and I can't remember ever seeing testing done with it.

I can't think of many people who do have it ... I know Blitz managed to get two, but I don't know if he's kept them or not. Guardian Odin may have one as well.
Considering that Aries isn't really a very useful part I don't think there will be much difference between them for competitive uses. Also since the original one was Aries 125D should it be that instead of 145D? The D section definitely needs to be updated. D has great use in Basalt Bull 230D. Better than WD and SD. Much better to mention that than Virgo 90D I think.
And MF-H Libra 85D.
(Apr. 24, 2011  8:53 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Considering that Aries isn't really a very useful part I don't think there will be much difference between them for competitive uses. Also since the original one was Aries 125D should it be that instead of 145D? The D section definitely needs to be updated. D has great use in Basalt Bull 230D. Better than WD and SD. Much better to mention that than Virgo 90D I think.

This has become the accepted view of Aries, but where are the tests? And nevertheless, comparative testing between the two molds needs to be done to see if there are indeed differences in performance.

It should be Aries 125D, yes; it just seems as if he named the thread incorrectly though. The actual article has a 125 section.

I keep hearing about people using D again lately. Is there a good place where I could find discussion and tests to support your claim?
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:35 AM)Kei Wrote:
(Apr. 24, 2011  8:53 AM)Ultrablader Wrote: Considering that Aries isn't really a very useful part I don't think there will be much difference between them for competitive uses. Also since the original one was Aries 125D should it be that instead of 145D? The D section definitely needs to be updated. D has great use in Basalt Bull 230D. Better than WD and SD. Much better to mention that than Virgo 90D I think.

This has become the accepted view of Aries, but where are the tests? And nevertheless, comparative testing between the two molds needs to be done to see if there are indeed differences in performance.

It should be Aries 125D, yes; it just seems as if he named the thread incorrectly though. The actual article has a 125 section.

I keep hearing about people using D again lately. Is there a good place where I could find discussion and tests to support your claim?

I believe it was blade storm and control who introduced it here.

I think they made a topic, but maybe just PM'ing them would give you the best possible answer.
(Apr. 25, 2011  4:26 AM)SSJfisherman Wrote: I believe it was blade storm and control who introduced it here.

I think they made a topic, but maybe just PM'ing them would give you the best possible answer.

Yeah, I know that much. I'll direct both of them to this thread.
I have been using D rather a lot on 230 and all variants.

You may want to mention the difference when D is on 145 and D on 230. D on 230 is a good choice in that it doesn't slide like WD and is more stable than SD. It does have occasional floorscraping moment on 230. You will want to rephrase that. D is not to be substituted with CS when on Basalt 230. The lack of grip results in KOs in favour of CS.

D will only slide at low angular velocity when making contact with an opponent more gripped to the centre of the stadium. RS tip/mass.

I'm not sure what you are looking for in terms of information on D.

D on non-Basalt 230 variants is a must (Hell/Flame var.), the Basalt "recoil" is non-existance and D performs consistent OSes. That's why I disagree with the second to last sentence that all the parts are outclassed, D can outperform WD/EWD/PD in many situations.

This is the information I can currently give you, it's your choice what language/wording you decide to explain any of this information in.
(Apr. 25, 2011  3:35 AM)Kei Wrote:

There has been at least some testing recently. I remember a thread about the Aries wheel being used with RSF in a niche combo to counter attack combos. It worked alright if I remember so more testing should be done on this. I don't really think we're gonna find someone who is willing to test the original mold of Aries.