Here my BeyBlade Banner

here my banner, it isn't really that good.

Beyblade14 Wrote:it isn't really that good.

qft

All you did was slap three images next to each other.

Use some effects or something to spruce it up. What program are you working with?
tyson is looking a little stressed out. is he under pressure?
When creating banners, it's best to not just take 3 eye-catchers and put them next to each other.

It's sloppy looking.
Roan Wrote:
Beyblade14 Wrote:it isn't really that good.

qft

All you did was slap three images next to each other.

Use some effects or something to spruce it up. What program are you working with?

My guess: MS Paint
Tamer Brad Wrote:tyson is looking a little stressed out. is he under pressure?

Probably, all the food is making him fatter. It's got to go somewhere, and he sure as hell doesn't use the toilet much. I mean, how often do you see him take a carp?

Anyway, some text would help. Some... tasteful text. Also, try to align the black edges so it fits together better.

Katashi Wrote:My guess: MS Paint

Paint can do better than that. I'm guessing some other low-end software.
I use Paint and paint.Net to make the Text on the banner.

Here the banner with the Text

Still nothing done about the border. Also, text is a bit out of place and tacky. Adjust position and font type.
why are you making a beywiki banner
I forget where I got the Max picture at.

Sorry
That picture of Max is just an eyecatch. You could probably find it on Photobucket ...

Beyblade14, download the GIMP. I heard it was "good".
Actually, if you have paint.net you should be able to do a lot.
Kai-V Thanks and Composer of Requiems I going to download GIMP just in case.
The banner lacks a few things.. maybe you can learn from the Principles of Design.
Fatal Sin Wrote:The banner lacks a few things.. maybe you can learn from the Principles of Design.

Personally, I don't believe in studying this exactly. I feel that as an artist, you should be able to look at an image and understand how to shift it, rather than looking at an image, and thinking, "according to the principles of design, this should be shifted 5 pixels to the right".

When you look at something, it will feel right. Otherwise, it is wrong.

It should not be an absolute, hard, cold concept.
Composer of Requiems Wrote:
Fatal Sin Wrote:The banner lacks a few things.. maybe you can learn from the Principles of Design.

Personally, I don't believe in studying this exactly. I feel that as an artist, you should be able to look at an image and understand how to shift it, rather than looking at an image, and thinking, "according to the principles of design, this should be shifted 5 pixels to the right".

Thank you.

I feel the same. Art is an expression of feeling and when you start applying a hard principle to works of art they are no longer art.

They are by the numbers, by the books creations.
Roan Wrote:
Composer of Requiems Wrote:

Thank you.

I feel the same. Art is an expression of feeling and when you start applying a hard principle to works of art they are no longer art.

They are by the numbers, by the books creations.

Except that it's not an absolute, hard, cold concept. They are there as guidelines. I would hope that any artist would know this. The principles are there to help you decide what to do with your work. When I do graphics I make sure that a few of the principles apply because otherwise the piece becomes very aesthetically displeasing and people will ignore it. The principles apply most to people in Graphic Design who are responsible for banners, logos, letter heads, among other things.

That's like learning proportions and anatomy when you plan on drawing human figures. If you aren't familiar with it (which I don't see why you wouldn't unless, perhaps, you were not a human).

Studies are important, but are certainly overruled by expression and creativity which is why people can sell works that look like a 3-year-old made them. I'm not saying "follow these rules" but rather "use these to help you."

Guidelines. Nothing more.
I agree with Nic and Ryan here. Personally, I'd rather do art without limitations and use my own instincts to feel that it's right. If it's not and people tell me what's wrong, I use my mistakes to learn more than what my "rights" would ever teach me.

Fatal Sin Wrote:Studies are important, but are certainly overruled by expression and creativity which is why people can sell works that look like a 3-year-old made them.

Actually, I think that kind of style is comical and great in it's own way (in terms of drawings) if it's tasteful.
No, what my meaning is, I know they are true, but you shouldn't be consciously thinking "No, this should not work because by the principles of design, I should be doing this instead."