Help!!

umm i was wondering if you could help my friend. he has a indian star tortoise egg, and he has had it for about 3 weeks, when we torched it, the yolk was clearly visible, but there was no heart or vein visible, should we be worried? also what temperature should we keep it in? we cannot bury them as snakes might eat them, so he is keeping it in a pot, what do we do? please reply
Here's this:

Jerry D. Fife (but modified to have units with temperatures) Wrote:I incubate my Indian star tortoise eggs on a substrate of perlite, peat moss or a similar medium at a temperature between 80 and 89°F (26.67 and  31.67°C) for 100 to 180 days.

Source: Indian Star Tortoise Care And Breeding Tips

Probably a lot of good stuff in that link. Do what other research you can.

I would not recommend taking the egg of any creature if you can help it. But I don't know what happened and too late for that now regardless, so just do what you can. Do your best and hope for the best. :)
Thanks, what happened is a snake or rat had got into the eggs, i was only able to save one, so since we cant let nature hatch it, i have to help my friend hatch it on our own, thanks for the support